Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers (Read 342 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers
Reply #15 - 10/12/07 at 12:25:48

Lost the bid on Ebay, but saw these:

Are they the same?
they are MINI FLOORBOARD KIT FOR HARLEY FX DYNA SPORTSTER. Will these fit?
I have 5 hours before bid expires.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #16 - 10/12/07 at 13:51:44

Yes I have a Suzuki Engine Guard on my bike, and yes these are the correct floorboards.  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #17 - 10/12/07 at 18:31:53

is it just me or do those floor boards look like they are angled towards the front of the bike? doesn't look very comfortable, besides that they look pretty good.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #18 - 10/12/07 at 20:42:21

rigidchop wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
is it just me or do those floor boards look like they are angled towards the front of the bike? doesn't look very comfortable, besides that they look pretty good.

They dont look angled to me.they look real comfortable!

Looks nice too! I love floorboards!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #19 - 10/12/07 at 22:28:34

There is a very slight angle down towards the front, but they're still WAY more comfortable on all day runs than the footpegs ever were. Like I've said before, after doing several 500-700 mile days with both the stock pegs and these boards, the boards win hands (feet, rather) down on the comfort front. With the pegs, after a couple hundred miles, it was either let the feet go numb or  . . . Wait a minute, there is no or. Without engine guard pegs or the like (I'm poor) there's is no option on a quasi-stock Savage. Get over 60 mph and your feet will go sorely numb. And the arches don't do too well either.

Next to replacing the seat with a saddle shaped seat of some sort, the floorboards are the best money that can be spent to improve long range riding comfort with our bikes. And if you do as I did and replace the rather thin (ie cheap) rubber pads that comes on them with thicker, less slick-surfaced home designed pads, you'll think your feet didn't die and go to he!!.

One opinion based on some long distance experience.

Jack

IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #20 - 10/13/07 at 06:30:23

I had a chance to try the bike with the floorboards yesterday afternoon.  I'm impressed.  I like the boards much more than pegs. Sorry I waited so long to make the change.  Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 10/13/07 at 08:25:50

I got the same carrier, works ok but concerned about how much the bikes leans in turns.  Although I did tighten up the handlebar straps to mostly compress the forks and it leans less.

WWW   IP Logged
ebmiller2

Bel Air, MD
Reply #22 - 10/13/07 at 12:39:17

I haven't note a much lean at all with my carrier.  Where are you attaching the straps on you vehicle?  I mounted a set of "U" bolts as far out as I could on my bumper to give me the widest spacing I could for the straps.  FYI - I compress the forks half way.   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #23 - 10/13/07 at 13:55:38

Jack_650 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
There is a very slight angle down towards the front, but they're still WAY more comfortable on all day runs than the footpegs ever were. Like I've said before, after doing several 500-700 mile days with both the stock pegs and these boards, the boards win hands (feet, rather) down on the comfort front. With the pegs, after a couple hundred miles, it was either let the feet go numb or  . . . Wait a minute, there is no or. Without engine guard pegs or the like (I'm poor) there's is no option on a quasi-stock Savage. Get over 60 mph and your feet will go sorely numb. And the arches don't do too well either.

Next to replacing the seat with a saddle shaped seat of some sort, the floorboards are the best money that can be spent to improve long range riding comfort with our bikes. And if you do as I did and replace the rather thin (ie cheap) rubber pads that comes on them with thicker, less slick-surfaced home designed pads, you'll think your feet didn't die and go to he!!.

One opinion based on some long distance experience.

Jack

If you replace your seat with a saddle shaped seat,please let us know,with pics!! That's what I'm looking for Smiley
That kind of seat along with the floorboards should be like heaven Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #24 - 10/13/07 at 15:19:10

I've repeatedly rattled on about the V-Star seat I put on my bike on this forum. You wanna see pictures, you can see pictures. You'll see the bike right after I did all kinds of stuff to set it up for L-O-N-G trips and before the powder coating got all dinged up on those afore mentioned trips. One of the reasons I chose this bike was so I wouldn't feel bad about how it would look after a lot of rough treatment. Nothing like bustin' up a bunch of fiberglass trim to make your day go south.

Anyway, here's the pix again. Note the extra tank on the back, the saddle seat, the Harley softail tank, the floorboards, the Sportster muffler and the hitch I had made for it. This bike has gotten quite useful and gets used a lot.

http://bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

Jack

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #25 - 10/13/07 at 18:33:41

My wife bought me a set of those today for an upcoming bday. Thanks for the headsup, I was looking for a set at a REASONABLE price. I predict my commute will be enhanced by their addition.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #26 - 10/14/07 at 13:55:12

Is there anyplace to get the correct floorboards besides E-Bay ?

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #27 - 10/14/07 at 20:17:12

For those of you who want them, here's the best price I found looking for just five minutes. Google "Harley mini floorboards" and look for yourselves. These are for less than I paid for mine a year ago. I may have to order another pair and try to nail them onto the back.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=854A558F-FDE9-4DCA-930C-14F4747...

Jack

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #28 - 10/14/07 at 21:05:57

OK, someone tell me what is meant by this:

Note: When used in place of highway pegs, these floorboards should not be used under normal stop and go operating conditions.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #29 - 10/14/07 at 21:18:31

Highway pegs go out in front so the reaction time from where you foot is to the control point (brake or shifter) is slightly longer, so it is lawyer speak to keep them out of court if you hit someone/thing because you didn't brake quickly enough. When used in lieu of your regular pegs nothing changes except for your comfort (In my experince-I love mine) and your feet as as close to the control points as they were originally. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:16:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Universal Floorboards and MC Carriers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.