Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Cam Chain Adjuster Life (Read 4457 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cam Chain Adjuster Life
Reply #90 - 12/23/18 at 20:18:38

Batman, that's like playing
Pick up Sticks with boiled spaghetti.
Fukktup as a soup sandwich.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #91 - 12/24/18 at 08:21:11

JOG, Eminent disaster, using the tensioner as a spring shock, was predicted by many , I have been waiting about 4 years and 16,000 miles for that to occur(I 'm not holding my breath at this time).

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #92 - 12/24/18 at 10:07:45

Oh, I know your setup works. I was just commenting on what it felt like reading that post.
I'm absolutely thrilled someone decided to just see what happens without the pawl. I don't see why the chain wouldn't go fifty thousand miles or more now.
I still think a spring in the mount end of the tensioner, using a slightly oblong hole, would keep a warming up engine from stretching the chain, but yanking your pawl is so much easier.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #93 - 12/24/18 at 23:07:31

JOG , That's an idea that is a very difficult /if not impossible challenge. If the spring is to soft it goes hard ,if it is to strong it doesn't move ,either way it doesn't work .The fact that you need to work with two very different size springs, and trying to find a perfect working balance between them,  doesn't help matters. Even if you found springs with the nearly the same tension , they won't be for long as the chain stretches under normal wear ,or even if it doesn't, what have you gained? Nothing.
    I think the whole idea may be flawed. What I did may not be ideal,the spring may suffer over time (weaken) ,but if it does ,it should give some notice ( valve or chain noise).

« Last Edit: 12/25/18 at 00:07:54 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 14:19:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Chain Adjuster Life

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.