Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about K&N Air Filter (Read 68 times)
JFinol
Ex Member

Question about K&N Air Filter
10/08/07 at 21:16:09

I would like to know if anybody have used this filter that I found in ebay (click in the link) and let me know his/her opinion about it, does it give a good performance? Is it better than the cone filter? Please make any comment about any filter beside this one.
I would like to buy a performance air filter but don't want to cut or modify much in my bike.

http://item.express.ebay.com/NEW-K-N-Air-Filter-Suzuki-LS-650-LS650-Savage-95...

I will be looking forward for you opinions

Thanks

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Question about K&N Air Filter
Reply #1 - 10/08/07 at 21:18:01

Many of us actually use that very filter and have good performance. I use it in fact. It's pricy from the stealership, but since it is re-usable it will pay for it self.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #2 - 10/09/07 at 08:27:49

Yes I use that one too with Mac pipe,rejet, 1/2 needle-spacer and desnorkel. That's $52 incl shipping which is where they get you. Check your dealer which might be cheaper. Smiley

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 10/09/07 at 08:47:27

Same one I use.  I like it.  Same setup as vtail, except that I'm running an Amal Mk2 carb.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
JFinol
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/09/07 at 15:04:09

Thanks for your comments and opinions guys.
I still have the stock muffler and original carb set up, but I would like to know if I will have to rejet if I use this filter? ???
Eventually I will have to because I would like to install in my bike a Scream Eagle muffler which I still looking for because I think they ask too much for it in ebay even used.Anyways, if you have one for sale at a reasonable price let me know as well.
Thanks

IP Logged
Oldfeller2

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 10/09/07 at 15:18:51

When you get your new K&N and take your old stock filter out, I'll give you a buck or so for the old one (and some money to ship it to me even).

I need a spare stock sheet metal frame.

Oldfeller

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 10/10/07 at 05:25:43

I can't say if the airflow will increase at all since you're keeping the stock muffler for now.  It might but it may just be a waste of time and money.  If it does increase, you will likely need to rejet.  Heck, even without changing either the air filter or muffler, the bike can benefit from a rejet.  I really wouldn't bother with the K & N until you change the muffler.  I think that's more of a bottleneck than the filter.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #7 - 10/10/07 at 05:57:51

Even with the stock exhaust in place, you'll see an improvement with the K&N.

Still,  if you don't swap the airfilter, you'll benefit from rejetting and retuning the carb.  All stock, my bike ran it's best with a 55 pilot, 150 main and 2/3 spacer on the needle.

With a cone filter, I went to 1/3 spacer and 152.5 main.

I saw the biggest improvement in my initial acceleration (off the line) as well as power to pass (when already at speed on the expressway.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
JFinol
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/10/07 at 14:56:58

Cool!
Is it hard to rejet and tuned the carb.? I know there are topics about rejeting and stuff, but I have not seen one yet explaining how to do it.
My bike runs fine now, well some back fire some times in a while, but I would like to do some work to make sound better and of course improve power. But I am afraid that I might end up ruining my carb.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 10/11/07 at 11:08:15

JFinol wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Cool!
Is it hard to rejet and tuned the carb.? I know there are topics about rejeting and stuff, but I have not seen one yet explaining how to do it.
My bike runs fine now, well some back fire some times in a while, but I would like to do some work to make sound better and of course improve power. But I am afraid that I might end up ruining my carb.

Look in the Tech Ref forum.  There are several threads and one is specific to carb tuning.  There is even a Table of Contents with most of the threads grouped by topic.

Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #10 - 07/05/08 at 20:30:36

Be advised that I have bought K&N air filters for motorcycles at Checker Auto.

About the cheapest K&N prices you will find.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:12:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Question about K&N Air Filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.