Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Little itty bitty personalized modificaton (Read 52 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Little itty bitty personalized modificaton
Reply #15 - 10/06/07 at 11:36:19

Starlifter wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
In a bycycle shop you can buy those plastic coated metal water bottle racks that fasten to a bycycle frame.
I wonder how one of those would work if you could figure out where to place it?

I've been looking at those too.  And I found a sight that sells them with a mount adapted to the handlebars.  But $30  You can get the bottle holder for $10 so why should the mount cost $20  I gotta take a lesson from IW and go improvise something.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 10/06/07 at 15:02:08

SpeedyG wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Looks great!  Now-what is that little bag-looking thing with the studs on the middle of the lower part of your handlebar?  

That is my little self-made motorcycle dashboard! LOL.
It has my clock mounted on it and the cellphone charger plug.
I'm famous for forgetting to charge that thing!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #17 - 10/06/07 at 15:03:16

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Nice one islandwahine, does it work as a cooler too ?
Clive W  Cheesy

It might keep it cool for a little while, but with the sun beaming on it I don't know for how long. I'll find out next time I go for a long ride.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 10/06/07 at 16:48:23

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
That is my little self-made motorcycle dashboard! LOL.
It has my clock mounted on it and the cellphone charger plug.
I'm famous for forgetting to charge that thing!

May I ask how the charger is wired?

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #19 - 10/06/07 at 18:39:37

toddlamp8 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
May I ask how the charger is wired?

It's wired straight to the battery. both negative and positive posts. I clamped those little horseshoe ends on the wires, loosened up the the terminal bolts just a tad, (Actually had to take the negative all the way, didn't want to get zapped in the positive side), and slide the little horseshoe things right under. I did put a little fuse box on the negative wire. The guys (Thumperclone, T-mack and Strafford_Guy) suggested I put the fuse in there.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #20 - 10/07/07 at 08:29:51

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
It's wired straight to the battery. both negative and positive posts. I clamped those little horseshoe ends on the wires, loosened up the the terminal bolts just a tad, (Actually had to take the negative all the way, didn't want to get zapped in the positive side), and slide the little horseshoe things right under. I did put a little fuse box on the negative wire. The guys (Thumperclone, T-mack and Strafford_Guy) suggested I put the fuse in there.

I know it's a little late, but the fuse should be on the positive.  Always.  That way if you have a short all the power is cut by the fuse.  On the negative/ground side will still leave the charger hot.

Hint: Think of it like a garden hose.  If you spring a leak, where do you cut off the water?

Check the stock fuses on the bike and you'll see they are on the positive side, too.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 10/07/07 at 09:57:29

Nice job IW! So much more satisfying to perform your own customizing, isn't it?

Want one of those super fancy roll bags? 12 inch PVC pipe, though pricey, is your friend... Handsaw, piano hinge, a bit of epoxy and some small screws, a heat source to flatten the bottom side, cover material of your choice...

I really like how your bike is turning out.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #22 - 10/07/07 at 19:27:52

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I know it's a little late, but the fuse should be on the positive.  Always.  That way if you have a short all the power is cut by the fuse.  On the negative/ground side will still leave the charger hot.

Hint: Think of it like a garden hose.  If you spring a leak, where do you cut off the water?

Check the stock fuses on the bike and you'll see they are on the positive side, too.

Darn!!!
I wanted to save time and not have to disconnect the negative wire first before putting the fuse on the positive.
That poor hose that I need to disconnect every time I try to get to the negative battery screw is getting all worn out!

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #23 - 10/07/07 at 19:28:29

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Nice job IW! So much more satisfying to perform your own customizing, isn't it?

Want one of those super fancy roll bags? 12 inch PVC pipe, though pricey, is your friend... Handsaw, piano hinge, a bit of epoxy and some small screws, a heat source to flatten the bottom side, cover material of your choice...

I really like how your bike is turning out.
-WD

Yep it is!
Thanks everyone for the ice comments!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:27:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Little itty bitty personalized modificaton

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.