Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What now! It vibrates! A lot! (Read 13 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: What now! It vibrates! A lot!
Reply #15 - 10/04/07 at 06:49:03

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I'm the one and only (as far as I know)!!
We only have about 55,000 inhabitants on this island, most of those children and old folks. We have quite a few bikers but mainly Harley owners and a a few Honda's. There are way more dirt bikes here, because of our large off road terrain. I've even seen dirtbikers on some gnarly hiking trails!!

There is a lot of difference between a mechanical vibration (loose bolts, etc.) and a rough running engine (carb, ignition, etc).  Listen to the tailpipe at idle.  Is it idling steadily without pops and skips?

BTW - "A Lot" is really hard to measure Tongue

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 10/04/07 at 22:37:37

Sorry about the "A lot". I guess I was comparing it to before where it didn't vibrate at all. Now the mirrors rattled in their frames!
I messed with the idle and pilot and it's not as bad. Still not perfect though.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #17 - 10/05/07 at 04:51:41

Mine started doing that yesterday out of the blue. I had put on about 70 miles in the last two days--the final 10 miles left me numb in the @ss. Speedo rattling. Handlebars buzzing. It was running so sweet, too. Now, I'm almost afraid to ride it. I will check oil level and engine mount bolts today. I almost hope one is loose. Then I'll know it's not the engine going kaput.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #18 - 10/05/07 at 12:16:22

I tell ye! I don't know if I will ever feel totally save on the Savage. My mind is always wondering what could go wrong next!!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #19 - 10/05/07 at 15:20:22

I tell ye! I don't know if I will ever feel totally save on the Savage. My mind is always wondering what could go wrong next!!

It's one way of making sure you have to check your ride before every ride Grin

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #20 - 10/05/07 at 15:22:45

SavageDude wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
It's one way of making sure you have to check your ride before every ride Grin

I'm talking about the uncheckable hidden stuff actually!!  Cheesy
You know, the surprises!

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #21 - 10/05/07 at 20:30:28

Jeez, I don't know...my bike is still stock and performs flawlesly.
It seems that as soon as us amatures start messing around with internal modifications things start going wrong.
Now I'm having serious second thoughts about messing with the factory setup. ???

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #22 - 10/05/07 at 21:07:31

What's that saying?
If it ain't broke , don't fix it!
Well the reason I started messing with it is because it wouldn't run without the choke yanked all the way out. So it wasn't doing to good!.
I think I might have found the culprit though!
I think there is something wrong with the cable that's attached from the carburetor to the handlebar (the one you speed up with). I got to figure it out. Probably did something when I took the carburetor off.

IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #23 - 10/05/07 at 21:19:53

Wahine please keep us posted I want to clean my carb as well but I would like to know what I may run into in the process of doing so of doing so first. It appears from the pictures you posted that you may have broken it down more then Clymers said for a cleaning? Also did I read that you have pictures (step by step) of the process somewhere?
Thanks

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #24 - 10/07/07 at 05:58:08

I had my carb off recently--didn't have anything to do with what I'm feeling now. I've had 3 of the things commonly discussed on this forum surface in the last 2 days. The dreaded oil plug leak, the dreaded petthingy not working right, (need to run on reserve all the time), and the dreaded speedo rattle/buzz. And, alas, I think I still have some carb issues. My vibration started in the middle of a 30 mile ride the other day. I'm thinking it may be cam chain/tensioner issue. Out of time. Running rough. VIBRATING. I'm beginning to wonder if the old '87 is ready to sleep. It's been one thing after another ever since I got it running. And there's only 9000 miles on it. Dam the luck.....
I don't want a pickle.
I just want to ride my motor cycle.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #25 - 10/07/07 at 08:43:19

What's that saying?
If it ain't broke , don't fix it!
Well the reason I started messing with it is because it wouldn't run without the choke yanked all the way out. So it wasn't doing to good!.
I think I might have found the culprit though!
I think there is something wrong with the cable that's attached from the carburetor to the handlebar (the one you speed up with). I got to figure it out. Probably did something when I took the carburetor off.

Well?  I read all this, and I wonder what's going on.  All this paranoia and worrying.  Not feeling safe?  Did you find the vibration?

BTW - the thingie that you speed up with is called a throttle cable Tongue

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #26 - 10/07/07 at 19:36:06

Strafford_Guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Wahine please keep us posted I want to clean my carb as well but I would like to know what I may run into in the process of doing so of doing so first. It appears from the pictures you posted that you may have broken it down more then Clymers said for a cleaning? Also did I read that you have pictures (step by step) of the process somewhere?
Thanks

I'm very sorry, but I've been working on a deadline, and haven't found the time to post the pics yet. I will try within the next few days!
And no, I did not go any further then Clymers. (I'm not that daring!!)  Grin

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #27 - 10/07/07 at 19:39:12

drums1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I had my carb off recently--didn't have anything to do with what I'm feeling now. I've had 3 of the things commonly discussed on this forum surface in the last 2 days. The dreaded oil plug leak, the dreaded petthingy not working right, (need to run on reserve all the time), and the dreaded speedo rattle/buzz. And, alas, I think I still have some carb issues. My vibration started in the middle of a 30 mile ride the other day. I'm thinking it may be cam chain/tensioner issue. Out of time. Running rough. VIBRATING. I'm beginning to wonder if the old '87 is ready to sleep. It's been one thing after another ever since I got it running. And there's only 9000 miles on it. Dam the luck.....
I don't want a pickle.
I just want to ride my motor cycle.

I hear ye!!
I've got 9000 on mine as well, and have had pretty much the same problems except for the petcork. (I actually took it apart and checked to see if that little valve thing in there moved. which it did).
I guess if there is anything major wrong I'll find out when I do the camchain!

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #28 - 10/09/07 at 11:19:25

Strafford_Guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Thanks

Aloha Strafford_Guy, I finally posted the pics, they are in the post "carburetor cleanup"

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #29 - 10/10/07 at 05:45:06

Well, I think I figured out my vibration...I'm bent over so you all can kick me, and I've already stamped my forehead with "stupid". I was simply almost out of gas.  Embarrassed I even looked in the tank before that last ride and it looked like 1/2 tank or more. But when I went to top it off, it took 2 gallons. I turned petthingy back to normal and rode off into the sunset, vibrationless. It still leaks a little oil but all the other problems went away.
I'll have that pickle now...as I ride my motor-cycle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:30:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What now! It vibrates! A lot!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.