Send Topic Print
Throttle Lock size (Read 11 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Throttle Lock size
10/01/07 at 06:44:48

I found a Vista Cruise Lock on ebay. Below is the size indicated by the seller.
Will this fit or can it be modified to fit the Suzi?

IT FITS 7/8" HANDLEBARS.  THE GRIP SIZE IS 1 3/4

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: Throttle Lock size
Reply #1 - 10/01/07 at 10:12:37

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I found a Vista Cruise Lock on ebay. Below is the size indicated by the seller.
Will this fit or can it be modified to fit the Suzi?

IT FITS 7/8" HANDLEBARS.  THE GRIP SIZE IS 1 3/4

What is the item number? If I can see what it looks like maybe I can think of a way to make it fit.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #2 - 10/01/07 at 10:16:35

Found it.

I think with a Dremel tool (with a round sanding bit) you can run it on the inside of the clamp, and make the inner circumference slightly larger. I'm not sure what kind of grips you have though.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #3 - 10/01/07 at 10:35:14

Your bars are 1" Check your "throttle lock" forum in the rubber side down. That skinny throttle lock has been on my Interstate (7/8"bars) since '84 and works great but it's going to need to be modified to fit on your bars. I  bought the skinny one first thinking I'd modify it, than went out and bought the other one which also has worked great for the last 3000 miles. (Yep put 3k on my new bike since mid June).Islandwahine's picture is the one that fits. Problem with buying it used is that you might not have the proper rubber insert that fits on the throttle Smiley Cheesy

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #4 - 10/01/07 at 10:35:39

All stock Savage bars are 1" same as most HD.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #5 - 10/01/07 at 12:42:33

And I have STOCK throttle.

But at the low ebay price, I figured it was worth getting and then modifying.

I guess my real question then is "what needs done to modify this?"

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #6 - 10/01/07 at 15:35:28

I'm thinking you might not have to do anything. It looks like it has 2 bolts that tighten up the clamp (one on each side), It just means that you'll have a 1/16 space between the clamp ends. Maybe you can slip a piece of rubber in between?

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #7 - 10/01/07 at 18:48:45

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I'm thinking you might not have to do anything. It looks like it has 2 bolts that tighten up the clamp (one on each side), It just means that you'll have a 1/16 space between the clamp ends. Maybe you can slip a piece of rubber in between?

Yeah, that's what I though too, but I wanted to know if anyone actually had done a mod like this because if for some reason it isn't safe, then I'll pass on the ebay item. So far the price is ridiculously low ($5), so I am still watching it.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #8 - 10/01/07 at 19:22:02

You know, if you are worried about it not being safe, maybe you can glue it down too, sounds pretty safe that way.
Hopefully someone will have done the same, put your mind at ease that way. For me there is no point in getting one. Too many idiots, and never an empty road straight enough to where I could get a chance to put it on autopilot.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #9 - 10/01/07 at 19:57:46

You have the most gorgeous scenery and mountains, whereas here it is pancake flat. Miles and miles of flat. Wrist cramping FLAT.
Here I get excited by speed bumps just because that is not flat to drive over!

Anyway, there are a few days before the bid expires, so maybe someone will chime in on this before then.

BTW - do you ever sleep? I know you're PST but you are always here when I log in!  Grin

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #10 - 10/01/07 at 20:51:57

Yes I sleep! wake up at 6 to get the kids ready for school, and go down around 11 or so, sometimes a little later.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:35:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle Lock size

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.