Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!) (Read 26 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!)
Reply #30 - 10/01/07 at 12:00:44

murphy77 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Where can I find a girl like you ?  Tongue  Wink

I don't know Murphy77, but normally if a gal sees a red little devil it's a sign to stay the h_ll away from that person! LOL (just kidding). I sure would hope I'm not the only woman who does stuff like this. Actually I know skatnbnc does too. I think if you look around you'll see there are plenty of us. I think most guys run though, cause we're kind a intimidating at first.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
murphy77

Savage + Devil =
Good Times !!!

Nevada
Reply #31 - 10/01/07 at 12:11:00

LOL

" Intimidating " to say the least, but I think it's too cool. Have fun and ride safe.  Smiley

Yellow '96, Dyna Muffler, Sportster Seat.
  IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 10/01/07 at 12:11:03

I really wish my girl could/would get into this kind of stuff. For years, all she's heard was how she was "stupid" and could "never do anything." I'm slowly chipping away at that mentality, but she draws the line at engine repair. Which sucks, 'cause I could've really used a hand yanking the engine this morning...

Bottom line, I applaud you. Two thumbs, way up!

IP Logged
grandpa

Old but not cold!!!

Bartlett TN
Reply #33 - 10/01/07 at 12:47:27

Island - make sure you get a filter for an engine that does not have a fuel pump, ie lawn mower or even an outbord motor so long as it doesn't have a fuel pump  ( such as our bike). When I ran a 'Zone store, I had guys come in looking at the car inline clear gas filters because they were cheaper than at a small engine shop. They knew everything and would come back wanting a refund when the gas stopped halfway through the tank. The only fuel pressure we have is the weight of the gas. The less gas, the less pressure. Car fuel filters have too fine of a filter to flow without a pump. Just FYI!!

PS - a big hand clap for all your work!! My wife will only put gas in her car at a full service gas station!!! I need to do my forks but have been a little leary!! You have shamed me into getting it done, with a spacer and some fork gaiters!! I have no excuse now!!!

Blue '06, seat mod, K&N drop-in filter, desnorkeled, 55 pilot, 152.5 main, 1/3 spacer, dyna muff, factory bug shield, 11.5 Progressive rear shocks, debadged, fork boots, 110/90-19, 140/90-15
grandpa   IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #34 - 10/01/07 at 14:59:09

Congrats.Who needs MMI to learn how to fix bikes? Grin

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #35 - 10/01/07 at 15:19:09

Demin wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Congrats.Who needs MMI to learn how to fix bikes? Grin

What does MMI mean?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #36 - 10/01/07 at 15:20:40

Thanks for the great compliments! I'm tongtied!  Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #37 - 10/01/07 at 17:11:06

Great Job! I know you picked up the jet set from Lancer, what size 55 pilot and what size main did you go with?
Thanks

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #38 - 10/01/07 at 19:18:29

I went with the 55 Pilot, and changed the main to 150. The old one was 145. I didn't want to change too much too fast.
I took her out for a ride today, and she runs great without the choke pulled out, but I'm noticing an irregular gas flow.
I don't think it's my imagination, but it seems to ride in waves. Rhythmically almost. Got to figure out now what's causing it. I can hear the engine go like it too when it idles.
Hmmmmm... Never ending is it??

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #39 - 10/01/07 at 19:37:52

MMI:Motorcycle Mechanics Institute.(bike school) Grin

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #40 - 10/07/07 at 06:23:51

Wahine - Read your post, and noted that you took only a whisker off of the spacer during your jetting mod. If the surging is occuring at approx 1/4 - 1/2 throttle, you may still be running a bit lean at the needle. There is a great post on the carb tuning, but for a synopsis, the pilot jet and idle mixture screw control 0-1/4 throttle, the needle valve influences the central 1/4 - 3/4 throttle and the main jet influences the 1/2 - full throttle. These are approximates. So if it idles fine, but surges at 1/4 - 1/2 throttle, you may still be lean at the needle. (It is the "needle thingy" attached to the diaphragm). You can either sand down the white spacer or can swap it with nylon washers to make it adjustable and just add or remove washers to change the thickness.

I am in the process of adjusting mine again as the weather is changing here in the midwest. I am starting to run a little lean as the air is cooler.

Congrats on the jet mod. With a little more practice - Like Lancer said, you will be able to pull the tank and seat, change jets and have it back together in less than an hour.

Hint: put a little plumber's silicone grease on the rubber tank supports, it makes it easier to slide on and off.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #41 - 10/07/07 at 19:32:21

Yes next time I'm gonna try and just take the top of the carburetor and leave the rest on.
I wouldn't mind taking the tank of so much if I didn't need to take the darn petcork off and empty the tank! That's just a pain in the neck!!

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #42 - 10/09/07 at 10:58:16

I finally put up the post in the technical documents.

IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #43 - 10/09/07 at 16:20:59

IW - With a light application of silicone plumber's grease to the rubber supports that hold the front of the tank, I can now remove the tank without having to take the Petcork off. After you disconnect the vaccum line, the fuel line and the speedo cable, you lift the rear of the tank while at the same time swinging it to the left side of the bike. The petcork moves around the frame and saves you quite a few minutes in tank removal. I still drain the tank before I remove it just to prevent spills.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #44 - 10/10/07 at 01:43:53

I'll try it! Don't know if I can get to the rubber tank supports without removing the tank, but I guess I can put it on after for future ease.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:27:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.