Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!) (Read 26 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!)
Reply #15 - 09/30/07 at 23:51:24

I would really like a pic of your tools. I want to see just how much stuff it takes for someone to accomplish what you've managed. Maybe you could manage to get in a pic ONCE??
Your diagram is such a great idea. I just can't say enough. Congratulations. Sure made me happy to see it went so well.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 10/01/07 at 00:06:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I would really like a pic of your tools. I want to see just how much stuff it takes for someone to accomplish what you've managed. Maybe you could manage to get in a pic ONCE??

I got quite a few tools, I admit, some women collect shoes, others purses, I collect tools  Grin.
I actually took pictures of the whole ordeal, but wanted to ask sluggo if I should post them in the tech section with instructions.
I'm too tired now though, some other time!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #17 - 10/01/07 at 00:27:59

Please post pics in the Tech Section Is.wahine ... ya done good! Back pats for you!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #18 - 10/01/07 at 05:37:51

yeah good job. and on the first try. i know i've messed up so many things on the first try. but if you take your time(like you did) it normally works itself out.again good job.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 10/01/07 at 05:47:01

You did very well indeed, and the big diagram organizer was great.  This is a pretty big job when you do it for the first time, but after a few rounds with it you will get to where you can take it out, take it apart, change jets or clean, etc, put it back together and reinstall...and do the entire thing in less than an hour.
Not only that, but you will have fun doing it!!   Grin

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #20 - 10/01/07 at 05:49:06

Back pat from me to - that's quite a task - mighty stained pilot jet for sure - looks like the type with out holes - your bike has got to feel much better - now that you understand the workings and have a clean carb you really don't need to pull it again to slim down the white spacer to raise the needle a little - pull the seat, tank, and you have enough room to remove the cap.diaphram and tune that midrange if you need to - good job.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #21 - 10/01/07 at 06:10:59

Wahini - that rocks with the pictures, and I am so glad you took the time to do that. Thanks!  Smiley

I eventually will be doing the same thing and have already found the photos on the forum work much better for me than the diagrams in the Clymers manual. I like seeing actuals more than 'perfect drawings' that don't match what you are looking at.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #22 - 10/01/07 at 07:18:12

suggest you install a clear fuel filter,i found one for thumperclone that has pink element can see any carp easily

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #23 - 10/01/07 at 07:47:07

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
suggest you install a clear fuel filter,i found one for thumperclone that has pink element can see any carp easily

So that's where fish oil comes from, stupid carp swimming in the gasoline! I doubt they make good eating though.   Cheesy

I don't know why, but when I read this, it reminded me of the old B.C. comic strip where Clumsy Carp would stick his head in the stream and exclaim " Clams got legs!"

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #24 - 10/01/07 at 08:36:17

Well done, you did a great job I hope you feel very proud of yourself.
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #25 - 10/01/07 at 09:38:52

Max says great job !!

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #26 - 10/01/07 at 09:55:02

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:

I ordered a new filter from our Suzuki dealer almost 2 months ago, he still hasn't gotten it. I'd like to support our local stores, but I think I'm going to have to cancel his order and order it online.
What's the brand name for the one you used, and where did you get it?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #27 - 10/01/07 at 10:28:41

Max saks, do you have a Briggs and Stratton Dealer, they will have them and probably cheaper.  Look in Yellow pages for small engine repair shops, lawn mowers etc.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #28 - 10/01/07 at 10:42:40

Looks like we only have 2 engine repair shops here, one for marine and one for car engines. The marine engine repair might be my best bet. I can probably find it online too.

IP Logged
murphy77

Savage + Devil =
Good Times !!!

Nevada
Reply #29 - 10/01/07 at 11:46:33

islandwahine,

I'm like totally trippin on you. That's fantastic, you not only have the guts but the drive to get things done and in proper fashion.

I  commend you for a job WELL DONE!!

Where can I find a girl like you ?  Tongue  Wink

Yellow '96, Dyna Muffler, Sportster Seat.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:33:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › IT'S ALIVE!!!!! (changed title!)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.