Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cam Help!? (Read 6 times)
josh85716
Ex Member

Cam Help!?
09/27/07 at 13:37:03

sounds stupid, but what size is the main drive gear nut on the motor, i know i have to remove it, and are the any other tools i'll need to replace the cam chain and tenshioner?

and what are some neccesary parts or nic nacs needed, i know oil and towels and what not. In other words what are some of the corky tricks you guy have figured out?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: cam chain tools/ parts
Reply #1 - 09/27/07 at 14:14:17

you'll need a 30 and 32mm socket and a couple of pennies.  Other than that you'll need to read the cam chain library in the tech sect.   Sad

WWW   IP Logged
josh85716
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/27/07 at 16:45:19

ok... i have a problem... my "adjuster" came apart, and   my cam chain broke right? well i can't the parts down here and i have to sell the thing by this weekend... is it safe to rebuild the existing adjuster and get it started? (witrh a new chain of course)

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #3 - 09/27/07 at 16:58:41

shouldn't be a problem if ya have all the parts. and the adjuster isn't out of round. of course you can't put it back together without all the parts either.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
josh85716
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/27/07 at 18:11:29

alright cool thank you

IP Logged
josh85716
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/27/07 at 19:03:35

ok i swear, last question. Got the bike torn down and ready to go, chain dropped in, but how, for the love of sweet buddah himself, do i get the main drive gear off?! im afraid to spin, because logic says it will spin freely, so then how do i lock it down enough to spin the nut off clockwise? (it is counter tighten right?) so ya and does anyone have color pictures? cause all the ones in the library don't work and my clymers is in black and white!! and i have a color seeing problem, it's doesnt work too well.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #6 - 09/27/07 at 21:39:20

josh85716 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
ok i swear, last question. Got the bike torn down and ready to go, chain dropped in, but how, for the love of sweet buddah himself, do i get the main drive gear off?! im afraid to spin, because logic says it will spin freely, so then how do i lock it down enough to spin the nut off clockwise? (it is counter tighten right?) so ya and does anyone have color pictures? cause all the ones in the library don't work and my clymers is in black and white!! and i have a color seeing problem, it's doesnt work too well.

[quote author=verslagen1] you'll need a 30 and 32mm socket and a couple of pennies.  Other than that you'll need to read the cam chain library in the tech sect. [/quote]

That's what the pennies verslagen mentioned are for. You set them between the teeth of the primary drive gear and the gear behind the clutch basket. as you tighten the gears mesh and the pennies lodge in locking the gears.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
josh85716
Ex Member

Re: Cam Help!?
Reply #7 - 09/28/07 at 02:00:01

sweet! i thought so, but i was afraid of messing something up! thats so awesome. thank you so much guys! your really saving me, and i have fallen in love with this bike all over again because of this.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:36:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cam Help!?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.