azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: Joy of riding a Savage
Reply #15 - 09/30/07 at 07:09:48

WD wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Nice to see you back. Finally got Ol' Yeller back together huh?

Didn't I see you hanging out at Intruder Alert a while back?
-WD

who, me? nope, no intruders here.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Montymouse
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Nebraska
Reply #16 - 10/09/07 at 11:29:35

I ride almost everyday to work and back which even still makes me smile, but yesterday I  had the day off with the house to myself so I decided to go on a longer then work and back run.  Called a couple friends but everyone was busy so I set out for a solo date.  Ran just a quick 67 miles through eastern Nebraska south of Omaha.  As if having a quite house to myself wasn't good enough, taking the ride made my day that much better.  Would have kept going past the house but I hadn't started my honey do list yet which went by that much quicker and better also.

Motorcycle riders are few and far between, Harley Davidson riders are a dime a dozen. (seen on a helmet)
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #17 - 10/09/07 at 15:51:51

i took my savage out about a week ago and it was running sweet. had it up to about 75 a couple of times. handles way better than my chop. can't wait to get it back together and ride it some more, it's gonna get cold and i love cold weather.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Beatduck
Alliance Member

Spleen tingling fun!

Sarasota, FL
Reply #18 - 10/09/07 at 18:09:44

Couldn't agree more!!!
Part of the blast of my trip was shocking people with my bike!
"What the hell is that?" I heard so often.
It's amazing how many people didn't know this bike existed, and, the ones that knew about bikes said "I bet that's a blast to ride"

...It sure is.

IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #19 - 10/09/07 at 20:47:17

Been riding my Savage to and from work for just over a year now. It's amazing how fast your troubles at work fade away on this thing! In fact its pretty hard to have a bad day when your riding. The only thing I notice is that sometimes there's something wrong with the steering right about the time I try to turn into work's parking lot. It's all I can do to get it to turn! But it always goes away as soon as I'm headed home. I think Thumpers just have better sense than their owners! Grin

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 10/09/07 at 20:57:50

I know what you mean.  Mine bites me hard on the a$$ when I shut her off and I can barely walk into work.  Of course I tell the boss it's my back and can't bend over to save my life and stagger about all day.  But come quiting time, I leap over the desk, slide down the stairs and run over and start ol shedder up and take the long way home.  She's so happy she just purrs into the driveway.  But she does pout when I shut her down, and mew mournfully as I walk away.

WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #21 - 10/10/07 at 15:20:45

I love my Savage, I have an '06 C-50 sitting beside her in the garage & if I'm wanting to have fun the Savage is the one I ride. Hubby asked why I got the "Big Boy" if I was going to ride the Savage, told him it was more fun and blew his mind Wink

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #22 - 10/10/07 at 18:41:26

Yesterday was the first time I had the little 06 Suzi out for a good ride in a few months.  Beside the fact that it was to go to a funeral, it was one great ride.  We went 400 miles yesterday, and except for getting caught in some heavy rain for about 10 miles, it was great.  Ran 65-70 all the way, and coming home last night, the temp dropped a little, and the last 80 miles she purred like a sewing machine at around 70.  She was a little tired when I put her to bed in the garage, but so was I. Grin Grin

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:20:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Joy of riding a Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.