Something got boogered. (Read 9 times)
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: Something got boogered.
Reply #30 - 10/08/07 at 23:34:59

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Dr. Jim was just messing around. teasing Skrapiron is all. The Dragonriders of Pern series is Sci-fi/Fantasy.

Ok, I get it now.....that's what I get for reading posts too fast  Smiley

Dr_Jim,shame on you  Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #31 - 10/09/07 at 00:13:29

Shocked Wow, talk about a Thread (pun intended Wink) taking a left turn! LOL!! Read McCaffrey's original Dragonrider/Pern books 25-30 years ago ... still have 'em too ... especially liked Dragons Dawn Grin
With the current level of computer animation looking almost real-life, I'd bet that those books would make great movies!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #32 - 10/09/07 at 05:13:05

Yeah, they would make a great live action movie, especially with today's CGI animation. (Is anyone interested in the new Beowulf CGI movie comming out other than me?)

The problem is, there are too many books, too many stories, too many charecters.  To make it into a 2 to 3 hour movie, alot of stuff from the books would have to be left out and that would really piss off the die-hards..

Oh well.... So, How's FireLizard been running?

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 10/09/07 at 07:12:25

skrapiron -FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
... (Is anyone interested in the new Beowulf CGI movie comming out other than me?)...

YES! I've been looking forward to it since I was a sophomore in high school (1988-89? I can't remember...) They have a red band trailer on the official site that is amazing- way better than what's playing on TV right now. Of course, it'll probably be edited down to a kid-friendly PG-13  Angry But, I've heard Zemekis would more than likely release an unrated DVD if the studio has their way with the theatrical release. Full frontal nude CGI Angelina Jolie? I'm in... And Crispin Glover voicing Grendel? Sweet.

Okay, I'm done hijacking the thread for the moment...

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #34 - 10/09/07 at 08:08:35

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Shocked Wow, talk about a Thread (pun intended Wink) taking a left turn! LOL!! Read McCaffrey's original Dragonrider/Pern books 25-30 years ago ... still have 'em too ... especially liked Dragons Dawn Grin
With the current level of computer animation looking almost real-life, I'd bet that those books would make great movies!

Actually there is a movie deal in the works for the Dragon Riders series. But then it has been in the works for a few years now. It was put on hiatus for a while because McCaffrey got ticked off at the screenwriters trying to change too much of the story. Like for instance, having the Kylara character a hero instead of the selfish pregnant dog she is in the books.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #35 - 10/09/07 at 08:14:05

skrapiron -FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Yeah, they would make a great live action movie, especially with today's CGI animation. (Is anyone interested in the new Beowulf CGI movie comming out other than me?)

The problem is, there are too many books, too many stories, too many charecters.  To make it into a 2 to 3 hour movie, alot of stuff from the books would have to be left out and that would really piss off the die-hards..

Oh well.... So, How's FireLizard been running?

FireLizard's been running pretty good so far. I need to readjust the valves though, I have them too loose. The problem is the smallest feeler gauge I have is a .006 and I need between a .003 to .005.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 10/09/07 at 08:58:29

Sears has the answer. They aren't too pricey. I dunno about you folks, but I pull the blades out of the holder & use them that way. That whole stack of blades & the loop handle feels too clunky in my hand.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #37 - 10/09/07 at 09:42:05

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:18:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Something got boogered.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.