Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Blinker not working after fork seal change (Read 4 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Blinker not working after fork seal change
Reply #15 - 09/13/07 at 21:59:30

Hey everyone...he does mention that he might have pinched the wire when he replaced the screw....I think that he got it Tongue

If not, replace the battery.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 09/14/07 at 00:29:04

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
just the blinker not working but the marker is?

YEP!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #17 - 09/14/07 at 00:32:36

Max_Morley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Max did not reread the first post and apologizes profusely for that error. Thanks for suggesting that having new bulbs meant they were installed. Max wrote a response on how to test the light socket with a test light and it diappeared. Let me know if you want it rekeyed or already know how to use the test light. Also is yours an S-40, if so process mioght have to be different than the LS650 models. Max

I have an LS650.
What is a test light?
The permanent light is on, that works ok, just the blinker doesn't work.
Both both rear blinkers work!
I'll work on it this weekend. I've got to finish upholstering the couch and seats from hell. Deadline is tomorrow 3PM.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #18 - 09/14/07 at 14:20:28

I believe you use the test light to see if your wiring is conducting electric current (juice) when you activate your blinker switch. If you have current go thorough the wiring, then the problem is NOT your wire. Otherwise you know you have wire problem. Have you try out different light bulbs? From what you state, you might have to trace the wire all the way back to the blinker control module to see their conditions. It could be internal problem Embarrassed of the module.

Good luck troubleshooting.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/14/07 at 16:01:40

A test light has a nice sharp tip & a graound with a small lamp in the handle. You can hunt voltage on a wire down the length of the wire. You can trace the wire that goes to the turn signal, between the flasher unit 7 the lamp socket 7 SEE if there is a pulsing voltage on the wire. If so, you trace the wire toward the lamp socket. Lets say you could actually get your hands on the whole length of wire & that there were several connections on the wire, down the length. You go to the end, NO Desired Voltage, then, go to the source, IF you have the desired output at the source( turn signal flasher unit) then, go half way toward the lamp & check, No signal? Go half way back toward the source, signal> Go back 1/2 wat the other way, called the half split method, it makes tracing a loss of signal somewhat more scientific & supposedly, less hair pullingly frustrating. Make sure your test lamp has a long enough lead(5 feet is good stuff, 3 is okay), a good ground clamp, not some pukey little "Roach Clip" looking piece O poo, and a good sharp probe.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #20 - 09/14/07 at 16:57:09

SavageWahine wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
YEP!
now you have 2 wires of three that are good!!!those SHOULD BE b/w = common/ground/neg ,gray = marker lights .black is whats left??suzuki ran black to both front sigs some years dont know your year...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #21 - 09/14/07 at 19:57:37

Mine is a '99. But now I pretty much know which color wire is the one I need to check.
I'll go see if the hardware store has a test light. If not Radio Shack probably does.
Thanks for the info.  Kiss

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #22 - 09/14/07 at 20:02:12

Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 09/14/07 at 20:07:27

What? No Snap On Tool trucks? Mac? Cornwell?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #24 - 09/14/07 at 22:50:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
What? No Snap On Tool trucks? Mac? Cornwell?

What is a snap on tool truck?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 09/14/07 at 23:56:19

Here in the states, tool trucks travel to industry locations, car dealerships, mechanic shops, even bike stealerships&, bodyshops, oilfield service companies, places where people use tools, & sell tools to the workers at their jobsite. Snap on is a brand name, a rather pricey one at that. Mac & Matco & Cornwell are brand names also. Like Craftsman from Sears.

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #26 - 09/15/07 at 02:53:27

Cool!
We have a Sears too here, and a Home Depot came last year, and quite recently a Cosco. I waited a while before going there, I heard there were more people on opening day then fit in the Home Depot and Cosco parking lots together.
It was the highlight of island life LOL!

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #27 - 09/15/07 at 19:18:43

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
now you have 2 wires of three that are good!!!those SHOULD BE b/w = common/ground/neg ,gray = marker lights .black is whats left??suzuki ran black to both front sigs some years dont know your year...

It's a black wire in the left turn signal, and a green in the right turn signal.
It was indeed a spliced wire.
So now while I have it all opened up I'm also installing the beeper I got from JC Whitney.
It says to connect the red wires to the blinker wire, which I did, but then it says to connect the black wire to the negative on the battery or on the chassis.
Do they mean just anywhere on the frame??
Can I just use the ground wire in the turn signal wiring??

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #28 - 09/15/07 at 19:20:28

Ground wire from turn signal is fine.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #29 - 09/15/07 at 19:29:38

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Ground wire from turn signal is fine.

THANK you!!!!!!!
Did not feel like taking seat off, and battery cover and hose so I can reach the negative battery screw!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:19:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blinker not working after fork seal change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.