Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finding a plain handlebar switch   (Read 5 times)
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Finding a plain handlebar switch  
09/09/07 at 19:55:02

I have put an auxiliary light on the front of my Savage underneath the headlight. At the moment it's wired into the headlight circuit but I would like to put it on a separate switch on the handle bars.  I have hunted online for a reasonable priced simple switch, can I find one?. No. There are some for $35 but I can't find one to fit 1" bars.
Any suggestions Savagers?

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
wrongwayair

central Il
Re: Finding a plain handlebar switch  
Reply #1 - 09/09/07 at 20:08:13

Come to Il & take the one off of mine!  Seriously, it was on there when I bought the bike a few months ago & I just haven't taken the time to take it off (ok, i'm actually afraid of messing with the wiring).  Dude I bought the bike from is a retired plumber so it's something he made himself.  I'll try to borrow Pop's digital camera & get a pic for you.  All I can tell you about it is that the additional lights are wired directly to the switch & they can be turned on & off regardless of if the m/c is running or not.  The switch isn't on the bar, he's put a longer bolt on the connection where the handlebars attach & threaded it onto that.  Oh I can also tell you the additional lights are flamin ugly & need to be taken off (but that's just a personal opinion)  Wink

Indecision may or may not be my problem .... Jimmy Buffett
  IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #2 - 09/09/07 at 20:46:14

lol  are they on a light bar or just bolted on?

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
wrongwayair

central Il
Reply #3 - 09/10/07 at 20:09:21

Steve, sorry I didn't get the pic taken.  I was too busy enjoying my last day of vacation for awhile.  The additional lights.  I think they are actually car lights bolted to a bar that he then bolted to the bike somehow.  blasted things actually cover up the front turn signals.  But I have to admit, they do provide lots of light.  Which I suppose would come in handy if I ever actually rode in the dark.

Indecision may or may not be my problem .... Jimmy Buffett
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 09/10/07 at 21:08:05

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1358

Claims to be weatherproof, and is just about as cheap as I could cobble from HomeDepot/RadioShack.

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #5 - 09/10/07 at 21:09:48

thank you

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:09:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finding a plain handlebar switch  

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.