Send Topic Print
Throttle Lock (Read 10 times)
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Re: Throttle Lock
Reply #15 - 09/10/07 at 15:02:26

No. comes with the kit. I ordered mine thru the local Suzuki dealer for a couple of dollars more. (but no freight) http://www.jcwhitney.com/Motorcycle-Handlebar-Accessories/600014745.jcw?TID=2...  
You can see the parts breakdown

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #16 - 09/11/07 at 07:19:47

Okay, I see the whole thing for the VC. And I don't like it.  Tongue

For those who have the Flip-a-Lever, any drawbacks?

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 09/11/07 at 07:30:32

I think I'm the only person using the Flip-a-lever.

Here is the thread that discussed the initial install:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Kuruyakn (sp) Iso Grips have been put on since then, still works fine.
I'm happy with it.  I can set it, and still turn the throttle to adjust speed for hills and such.

The only possible drawbacks:
1. Not quite as easy to flip on/off as the VC.
2. Lever hits the tank bag if I'm not careful.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg modified his VC to eliminate most of that strap and the locking ring on the left.  Here is the thread, but the picture isn't coming up:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #18 - 09/11/07 at 14:11:43

Yozguyz, thanks for the info which i did print out yesterday to read and look at the mounting instructions.

I appreciate everyones help.
Thanks!  Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 09/11/07 at 14:30:18

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Yozguyz, thanks for the info which i did print out yesterday to read and look at the mounting instructions.

I appreciate everyones help.
Thanks!  Smiley

As Youzguyz said, I changed the VC brace in mine.  The brace isn't much more obtrusive than the Flip a Lever thingie that hangs down, but it is necessary because the locking part sort of floats on the grip.

BTW - has anyone used the NEP Cruise Control in a 1" diameter?  I know that Stinger got one, but it wouldn't fit on his for some reason.

Here is my Vista Cruise which I had to bore out about 1/32" to fit on a Kuryakyn grip.

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #20 - 09/11/07 at 17:46:02

Greg. I thought about doing the same thing but I do not have as much meat (metal) to bore into because of the 4 way flasher switch. Grin

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #21 - 09/11/07 at 21:02:23

vtail wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Greg. I thought about doing the same thing but I do not have as much meat (metal) to bore into because of the 4 way flasher switch. Grin

Yeah.  And just when are you gonna need a 4 way flasher?  That'll just make you a better target Tongue

Well, in hind sight, I'd have done it a little different.  I'd have used 3 MM screws instead of 4 MM.  I used just what I had on hand.

However, I bet that you could make a bracket that is similar with 2 vertical screws, instead.  They would be tapped into the area around the throttle tube with no wires underneath.  Just a thought

IP Logged
KWKaletta

The Savage Cycle

Zanesville, IN
Reply #22 - 09/11/07 at 21:42:09

What did you use as a bracket?  Homemade?

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
As Youzguyz said, I changed the VC brace in mine.  The brace isn't much more obtrusive than the Flip a Lever thingie that hangs down, but it is necessary because the locking part sort of floats on the grip.

BTW - has anyone used the NEP Cruise Control in a 1" diameter?  I know that Stinger got one, but it wouldn't fit on his for some reason.

Here is my Vista Cruise which I had to bore out about 1/32" to fit on a Kuryakyn grip.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/gmdinusa/Vista_Cruise_3326.jpg

Impossible - A word for the doing of which has not yet been learned.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #23 - 09/12/07 at 04:50:11

KWKaletta wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
What did you use as a bracket?  Homemade?

Just a little scrap of steel, a vise and a dremel tool.  And 2 stainless bolts.  That's it...

...oh yeah, a 4 mm tap too.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #24 - 09/12/07 at 06:36:26

I don't have the Kurk grips, and I do have the new flasher button on the master cylinder. This is this reason I was looking at something with a smaller profile.

I ride every day so I did not want to add something that is going to bother me with interferance.  But when I ride highway, I am usually on a few hours trek and can go longer if I can stretch my hand during the ride.
Still thinking....

IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #25 - 09/12/07 at 13:55:50

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Yeah.  And just when are you gonna need a 4 way flasher?  That'll just make you a better target Tongue

Probably never but it came on the bike. I'm looking at something you suggested when I get some time, for now it works great as is. A couple of allenbolts would look nice instead of those standard boltsSmiley

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #26 - 09/13/07 at 07:49:18

Quote:
... A couple of allenbolts would look nice instead of those standard boltsSmiley

You are very correct.  Not very pretty.  I have already changed them to button head screws, but I couldn't make the tapped holes smaller Tongue

I should update the photo.

IP Logged
Capt_Cruiser
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 09/23/07 at 03:22:37

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I don't have the Kurk grips, and I do have the new flasher button on the master cylinder. This is this reason I was looking at something with a smaller profile.

I ride every day so I did not want to add something that is going to bother me with interferance.  But when I ride highway, I am usually on a few hours trek and can go longer if I can stretch my hand during the ride.
Still thinking....

I know you said you dont want a cramp buster, but that's what I add for highway riding.  I also ride every day, usually keep the cramp buster off and out of the way.  It only goes on for extended trips.

I'm heading out in a bit for a 500 mile ride today, 300 of it is highway, I will put the crampbuster on before I leave.  It only takes 2 seconds to put on or off, and allows you to stretch your hand.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #28 - 09/23/07 at 13:38:39

I appreciate all the input.  I'm holding off on purchasing anything just yet due to other bills that got in the way, but will update once I get something.
thanks all!  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:34:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle Lock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.