Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Supertrapp (Read 6 times)
greenft
Ex Member

Supertrapp
09/08/07 at 16:29:24

Hi all,  I have a 2004 Savage, and I am wondering if the supertrapp slip on muffler has the slight bend at the connection with the exhaust pipe that the stock muffler has?  The supertrapp site only has the muffler available up to the 2003 year.  I am new to the Savage and don't know if the 2003 and 2004 are the same in this regard.

Thanks,
Greenft

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Supertrapp
Reply #1 - 09/08/07 at 18:10:44

I wish I could directly address your question, but I cant. I have an 05 & the Supertrapp wouldnt go on far enough to allow both bolts on the rear support to engage. I shortened the header with a grinder, much drama, when battery fumes & sprks from grinder met.Fumes exploded, battery case cracked & crap flew( NOT literally, but close! Roll Eyes ) If the question is, will a Supertrapp go on your bike? The answer is yes, Some here have managed to make the Trapp go aLL the way on, no hassle. Others accepted just having one bolt on the rear support. I have seen no one report they regretted that choice, I am just kinda anal about that kina stuff & wanted Both in it, so I went the way some others have gone, took a grinder & hogged it off. There is more than one way to skin this cat. The Supertrapp is a cool muffler, sounds good,not crazy loud & is tuneable. It is also quite a lot lighter than stock, but then so are some smaller boat anchors.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 09/10/07 at 05:52:51

My MAC just did the one bolt thing too.  It works just fine for me.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #3 - 09/10/07 at 17:38:45

I have an 05 S40 and the Supertrapp went on just fine.  I took the entire exhaust system off the bike, assembled it with the new SuperTrapp (Loosely) put it on the bike and tightened it all down.  Worked perfectly.  Great results and wonderful sound!

Good luck,

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 09/11/07 at 04:41:57

barb36jack31 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I took the entire exhaust system off the bike, assembled it with the new SuperTrapp (Loosely) put it on the bike and tightened it all down.

That's probably the best way to go at it, regardless of the exhaust you choose.  Don't forget new gaskets.  Adjusting your carb for days/weeks in futile attempts to eliminate a backfire caused by an exhaust leak is frustrating.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
greenft
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/11/07 at 07:56:19

Thanks to all who replied, that is a big help.  Now to find a supertrapp at the best(cheapest) price.

Greenft

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:31:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Supertrapp

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.