Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks to all (Read 2 times)
mavinwy
Ex Member

Thanks to all
09/06/07 at 10:46:12

It seems odd that my first post will be a thank you, but I believe it is deserved.

For a couple of years my wife has looked at the LS650 line as a possible replacement for her 1989 GS500e.  The 500F was too tall for her. (she is 5' 1").

This summer we happened to come across a silver 2002 Savage with 3900 miles on it for 2000 + her old GS (which was pretty worn out)....so we bought it.

She has been VERY pleased with it.  In part because of the mods that were made right off the bat (re-jet/white spacer mod/changed muffler to one of my stock sporty mufflers/intake mod/windshield).   These things were MUCH simpler due to some of the advice offered here by many.

Now we are doing the "cosmetics".  Saddle bags and supports, Drag bars (she does not like the angle of the buckhorns) new turn signals.

There will be a donation coming the sites way as well.

I am sure that there will be some questions coming in the long run, and maybe even some input that will help folks (I've been riding and wrenching for 30 years, and she has been for 18 Smiley

Mav

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Thanks to all
Reply #1 - 09/06/07 at 12:57:00

Howdy!  

Welcome! Smiley

On behalf of the site members...your welcome.   Grin

So what do you ride?  And what do you think of the Savage as a basic street bike?  In particular, the difference between the stock performance  vs the after mod performance?

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #2 - 09/06/07 at 13:50:44

Welcome ,always glad to have another Savage or two in the clan

Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #3 - 09/06/07 at 14:19:35

Aloha and welcome to you and your wife!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
msfitnetz
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

VA
Reply #4 - 09/06/07 at 17:41:53

Welcome!

IP Logged
mavinwy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/07/07 at 07:27:29

Thanks all for the warm welcomes as well.

In answer ro what I ride....1 have a 2002 1200c Sportster currently, but have owned 9 bikes in the past ranging from a 90cc cycle to a goldwing (including a couple of thumpers)  The sporty was just one of those deals that was too good to pass up.  (which is why I had some extra mufflers) Smiley

My opinions on the Savage is that they seem to be quite capable as a street bike.  at least once you modify them to what the engine designers likely planned rather than what the EPA mandated.  The lean-ness on modern bikes is crazy and bad on the motors.  The power differential after doing the mods is profound and I would certainly suggest them if not already done.  (The sporty muffler does make it louder though)

The belt drive is quiet and clean.  The bike is simple to maintain (aside from changing the plug being a PITA).  Aftermarket is not abundant, but it is out there with a little imagination or know how.

How capable?  3 days after we bought the bike, my wife took it on a 200 mile trip for a class for work.  and has ridden about 1000 miles in the 5 weeks since she got it.  She averages around 45 in town and 55 on the highway.  Certainly acceptabe for the altitude and hills in this area.

Mav

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:32:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thanks to all

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.