Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
whats with suzuki and the squeeky breaks (Read 10 times)
BigWes
Ex Member

whats with suzuki and the squeeky breaks
09/04/07 at 20:37:59

So, after riding my fathers 95 savage for a month and looking/sounding real cool everywhere i stoped at because the breaks squeeked so loudly. I was happy to get my new Bandit. but alas both front and rear breaks squeek too! any idea as to why this problem occurs and how to rectofy it? let me know for both our sakes.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: whats with suzuki and the squeeky breaks
Reply #1 - 09/05/07 at 03:29:34

I'm sure someone knows and will answer,

but when I first got my bike the breaks squeeled. I asked former owner,he said he had put new brakes on it .....now they dont squeel anymore.

Are yours new?

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #2 - 09/05/07 at 11:32:37

My rear brake squeaks, I'll have to check into that sometime in the future, first things first! Carb.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 09/06/07 at 17:01:28

my 06 has over 7k on .. front brake will squeek if i ease into a stop but not otherwise..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/07/07 at 09:04:31

If you have stock pads (front), brake dust seems to be the culprit.  When you clean your bike give equal attention to the disk with the soapy water rinse clean.  Or just hosing it off does help.

The rear may be the same issue but not as easy to cure.  Last time I had the wheel off, I wiped it clean but still squeals like a banshee.  Chamfering the edges of the brake shoes has been offered as another cure for this issue.

I've decided it's a safety device as it let's out a piercing squeal designed to be heard through closed windows and over thumping musak whenever I use the back brakes just so.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
JFinol
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/07/07 at 21:06:59

Here is a easy and quick fix. Brake cleaner, mine used to have the same problem but I sprayed some of it and the noise is gone!! Wink

IP Logged
surfa
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/08/07 at 01:30:39

I picked up a 2006 with 1,200 miles on it.  Should be almost new, but the front breaks were squeeking really loud.  I ordered some pads online, and with the help of the great folks on this site, I managed to do the job myself.

No more squeek!  I do have to say, new break pads need to be broken in for about a month.  It's like the first month, you don't have a front break.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:13:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › whats with suzuki and the squeeky breaks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.