Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Buzzing in the bones @ 73 miles (Read 9 times)
surfa
Ex Member

Buzzing in the bones @ 73 miles
09/04/07 at 07:42:53

I just did my first long ride.  I notices at around 72-73 miles in speed; the grips have a lot of vibration.  After a sustain time at this speed (one hour).  When i got off the bike, my bones were still buzzing, vibrating.

Anyone else experience this?  is this normal?

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Buzzing in the bones @ 73 miles
Reply #1 - 09/04/07 at 08:14:01

In my experience most MC's have places where they vibrate. Some have "sweet spots" where almost everything gets quiet (wind, road, vibration, exhaust). So yes it's normal.

Suggestions - don't ride at the speed/rpm where the vibes are bad. Don't grip the handlebars too hard - relax. There are also things you can do to the MC to reduce vibrations. Finally you can look at other MC's that either don't have as much noticeable vibes or have them at higher frequencies. The Savage is a thumper, so it's going to vibrate some.

IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #2 - 09/04/07 at 08:40:34

surfa wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
... After a sustain time at this speed (one hour).  When i got off the bike, my bones were still buzzing, vibrating.

Anyone else experience this?  is this normal?

Is what normal?  Are you asking about the bike or about the sensation in your bones?

IMO, both are normal.  Especially the bones part, I kinda like it as a matter of fact, the sensation lets you know you're still alive, as you have to hold that white cermaic coffee cup up to your lips with both hands to make sure you don't spill it all over yourself, while you are warming yourself at some greasyspo0n gas station restaurant Wink

(query- why is spo0n showing up as sthing?)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 09/04/07 at 09:15:45

At 80 my feet stop feeling the buzz cause my knees have taken a grip on the tank.

At 90 my but feels good cause I've taken up the superman position.

At 100 my head begins to ache from it pounding on the tank.

I got to put the buckhorns back on, the seat's way softer than the tank.   Or I got to keep it under a ton  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #4 - 09/04/07 at 11:50:56

at 100 mph I think my butt would begin to pound LOL

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #5 - 09/04/07 at 11:59:27

I don't think we have a road straight and long enough to make it up to 100 MPH. Not only that, the highest speed limit here is 50  Undecided
Nobody says anything if you go 55 but faster then that and they ticket you. (you'd be amazed where those guys can find placed to hide)
Truthfully, going 55 is fast enough for me, I really have to grab the tank and seat with my legs and hold on to the handle bars for for dear life! It feels like the wind is trying to lift me of the bike! I think my weight might have something to do with that.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 09/04/07 at 17:03:15

Balderdash wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Is what normal?  Are you asking about the bike or about the sensation in your bones?

IMO, both are normal.  Especially the bones part, I kinda like it as a matter of fact, the sensation lets you know you're still alive, as you have to hold that white cermaic coffee cup up to your lips with both hands to make sure you don't spill it all over yourself, while you are warming yourself at some greasyspo0n gas station restaurant Wink

(query- why is spo0n showing up as sthing?)

Because thingy err, P00n is a baaaaad word, Didnt yoiu know?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/04/07 at 17:17:27

...there is no sp00n...

Ooops. Hit 'post' before I got to the meat of the matter: I discovered a wierd (weird?) vibration the other day. After cruising at 55-60 for several miles, I'd get this rythmic vibration, kinda like if you're playing a song in 4/4 and hitting a triplet on beats one and three (best way I can describe it.) I'm wondering if it's a wheel balance issue, an out-of-true rim, or something more sinister... I haven't had time to check my first two suspicions yet. I hope that's what it is- those are easy to fix...

IP Logged
Oldfeller2

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 09/06/07 at 15:12:13

Were you riding an interstate that was originally concrete that was paved over?   The rumba beat may be related to the road ....

Oldfeller

IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/06/07 at 15:22:20

Oldfeller2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Were you riding an interstate that was originally concrete that was paved over?   The rumba beat may be related to the road ....

Oldfeller

It's pretty much on every road- I did true-up & balance  the wheels yesterday and it did lessen it a bit- by about half, I'd estimate. The left fork leaks like a sieve- taking care of that tomorrow a.m. It may be just be excruciatingly low on fluid and the spring is doing some harmonic thing when I get up to speed. I dunno. I'm talking outta my a$$ right now...

BUT I am going to lower the front end whilst replacing the seals. Should give me bit more stability. I just gotta look around here and find that thread...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:27:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Buzzing in the bones @ 73 miles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.