Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cyberlite - Anyone remember? (Read 4 times)
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Cyberlite - Anyone remember?
09/01/07 at 13:45:57

A number of years ago a product called Cyberlight was sold as a high-tech stoplight.  It had a computer chip in it that regulated the rate of flashing of the bulb together with the brightness, ie. the harder you braked the faster it flashed and the brighter the light.  The wave length of the light was such that it bypassed the usual brain recognition and response and went directly to the response center and action was immediate.  Studies showed it cut a full second off the following vehicle's driver response time.

I used them on all my bikes and my autos as well.  Over time I let them get away from me and now I am unable to find the parent company.  Can anyone out there help me?

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cyberlite - Anyone remember?
Reply #1 - 09/01/07 at 14:01:00

I tried googling cyberlight & I am not seeing it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 09/01/07 at 14:33:03

A suplemental brake light, two lights, amber in color, spaced about 2.5" apart, set of mercury switches to sense deceleration forces and to flash lights accordingly.  Dates back to the '70's, maybe into the early '80's.  AFAICT the company folded sometime in the early '80's.  Pity, sounds like a good product.

I wouldn't mind finding a brake lamp controller that worked on deceleration -- I use engine braking rather extensively.  Can find a bit of talk, but no products.

WWW   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 09/01/07 at 16:45:12

How about the throttle position switch used on some models CA? It could trigger a relay that started flashing the lights like the Senior Center coaches do , Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Reply #4 - 09/03/07 at 18:15:32

Thanks for the input, folks.  I guess the parent company went under.  Too bad because these lights were just great! The idea of bypassing the normal recognition/action phase of the brain and going directly to the action part was the real quantum jump in concept.

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 05:32:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cyberlite - Anyone remember?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.