Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Have some cake... (Read 5 times)
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Have some cake...
08/31/07 at 11:54:47

...as in crud.

Unwanted deposits of sludge and carbon. Caked up and built up in places it really shouldn't be.

20 years of garbage in the engine. BUT, it's starting to burn off- went for my longest ride yet today- (about 30 miles. Fun  Grin)

But now I need to adjust the valves again...

Big thumbs up to vroom1776 and his how-to-adjust-your-valves thread. It was a big help the first time.

Planning on doing a complete rebuild this January (when it finally gets cool down here in 'lanta) Ought to be fun.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Have some cake...
Reply #1 - 08/31/07 at 16:24:40

30 miles! ...on a bike as cool as yours!...
Get on that thing, point yourself west, and don't come back till' you've filled the tank twice!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/31/07 at 19:05:20

I'm still in shakedown mode. Getting the kinks worked out, tightening up, tweaking. Oughta be good to go, 100% by next weekend. Still need to replace the fork seals (and lower the front end while I'm at it) new pads on the front, and... that ought to do it...

For now  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/01/07 at 05:18:07

Watch the oil color & spend a few $$ swapping oil out of it. Then, after you have run the gunk out of the engine & washed it into the oilpan & eliminated it by making a few oil changes, hopefully, you will have extended the engine life & saved a lot of $$ & time spent with wrenches. My sentences are coming out wierd still, but you get the picture.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/01/07 at 05:50:19

Yeah, I checked the oil yesterday after it cooled down a bit- 'tweren't quite as honey-brown coming out as it was going in...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 13:24:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Have some cake...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.