Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
floorboards (Read 36 times)
southerngirl
Ex Member

floorboards
08/28/07 at 19:32:11

Can anyone PLEASE tell me where I can find floorboards to fit my 07 s40..... I have seached everywhere,

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: floorboards
Reply #1 - 08/28/07 at 20:49:21

I made mine. Used the peg w/o rubbers and universal passenger boards. Savage style is enough different that the peg mounts wouldn't accept the board mounts. Essentially I figured out the angle I wanted, the clamped the board to the peg and drilled one hole through the casting/forging the steel is welded to and one through the steel extensions. The used a epoxy potting material for electric motors to strengthen and stabilize them. They work and last week I saw a pot hole coming up on a gravel road and raised up and they didn't break off, so they passed the stress test. I really like them and am driving my B-iL-'s 88 with pegs this week and really notice the difference. It is like most things for the Savage we have to adapt and customize to get it to be "pur ride". Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #2 - 08/28/07 at 22:52:39

Keep searching ,ask people-you may even see a S40 with floorboards on them somewhere....like at Bike Rallies,etc. Ask Motorcycle repair guys.

But things are sometimes hard to find for the Savages/S40's....but if you keep looking there's no telling what you'll find or ideas you'll get.

May can make your own or have someone do it for you.

Try after market searches....that's all I know,sorry Sad

I have a question for you though.....answer only if you wish to but....How did you get "stuck" in Georgia Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #3 - 08/29/07 at 01:19:14

What the heck are floorboards? (Other then the usual kind).

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Reply #4 - 08/29/07 at 08:13:34

Made for both Driver and Passenger....comfy...

Centerline Collection Rider Footboard Inserts

This is just to show you what they look like....not endorsing purchasing them.

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/29/07 at 09:16:12

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 14:05:41 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #6 - 08/29/07 at 10:44:38

S40NewYork wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Made for both Driver and Passenger....comfy...

Centerline Collection Rider Footboard Inserts

This is just to show you what they look like....not endorsing purchasing them.

Is that to be used instead of the foot peg? if so, that looks mighty comfortable, and good for girls like me with small feet. I could actually reach the break!

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Reply #7 - 08/29/07 at 16:26:02

You got it Island...replaces foot pegs...nicey, nicey on the footsies 4 sure.

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
southerngirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 08/29/07 at 18:26:56

thank you everybody,  this place has been such a great help to me.... you guys have some gorgous bikes.

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #9 - 08/30/07 at 07:37:41

This last spring I found a set of "fairly" cheap Harley mini floorboards to put on the 650. These are set up with two holes for mounting that let you adjust the angle for either mounting on the bike frame (standard) or about 15 degrees off for mounting on highway bars or such. If you use the 15 degree angle from flat hole on the LS you get an almost level floorboard for your bike. You just need to drill out the main mounting hole to a slightly larger size so the Suzi-Q mounting bolt will pass through. The angle's not quite perfect, but you get a lot more options for where and how to rest your feet. I've been doing longer 2k-4k mile trips and they make a big difference.

They are not terribly stylish and the glue that holds the thin rubber pads on is not the best. I lost one of the pads in a long, drawn out severe rain storm ride through Illinois this summer. I pulled the other one off and cut new ones from a thick, cushy,rubber textured door/floor mat for the house from a large chain hardware/builder store, then glued them on with the best construction adheasive they had. Absorbes much  more of the vibration and is way more slip resistant than the smoth, grooved rubber that was original.

You can see them on the bike here and judge for yourself:

http://bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

Jack

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 03:33:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › floorboards

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!