Fuel Problem (Read 3 times)
Heyouime
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Fuel Problem
08/24/07 at 10:29:50

Hello,
I am a first time poster but a long time savage owner.  The bike is a 03 savage with 2000 miles and has the same basic upgrades, slip on Jardine pipe and dynajet kit.  Bike runs very will, but if it sits up a week or so the bowl will dry up, and have to do alot of cranking to get it to fire. Sometimes I do get a faint whiff of gasoline.   As long as you start it daily or so it will start up just fine.  There is no signs of fuel leaking, no puddles, discoloration on the carb. etc.  Any help you guys or girls have will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
David

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Fuel Problem
Reply #1 - 08/24/07 at 10:55:14

It sounds like your float needle is leaking.  Pull it, clean it, and also clean the needle seat with a q-tip dipped in carb cleaner.  You should be good to go!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/24/07 at 11:22:54

If you have a dry bowl, I doubt that your needle is leaking.

First, confirm you have a dry bowl.  place a cup under the carb and open the drain.  Nothing?  OK, it's dry.  Flipping the petc0ck to prime will solve the starting problem.  Remember to return it to run after.

Maybe you got a micro leak?  small enough to leak and evaporate without dripping.  I think you can get something to color the gas to leave a tell tale trace of where it's leaking.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 08/24/07 at 13:38:30

My Amal Mk2 is a finicky starter if it's been more than an hour or two since it was running.  I flip the enrichener (choke) on, start her up and immediately flip it back off.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:17:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel Problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.