Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saved bike and I got burned (to much fuel) (Read 7 times)
dscooter41
Ex Member

Saved bike and I got burned (to much fuel)
08/23/07 at 08:42:28

Ok, I don't have owners manual.  I know, buy one and I am but in the meantime have a couple of ?'s.  1st, do I run my fuel on PRI or ON?  Seems simple but having BIG problem.  I recently got it back from shop after having carb rebuild.  It ran perfect for a 100 miles and then when I filled it up, I ran it on ON and fuel starting running out all over the bike.  Needless to say it (and I) caught on fire.  I know, stop, drop, and roll, however, I am a biker guy and saved the bike first.  Minor burns on me.  What could be problem?  I checked carb, (yes I started it again with hose next to me) and no leaks there.  Overflow tube was full of fuel.  Coming from Airbox????  Help me????[color=Green][/color]

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Saved bike and I got burned (to much fuel)
Reply #1 - 08/23/07 at 08:53:03

stuck float, take it back tell them to fix it and here's the bill for your shoddy work.   Angry

WWW   IP Logged
dscooter41
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/23/07 at 08:55:15

Thank you.  I will as much as I hate to because only ones in town.  You are right as it cost $300 to do.  On it now.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 08/23/07 at 09:44:45

Maybe you are missing what the guy was saying. They OWE you for the trouble THEY caused. Make sure you document everything at this point. Why they had it in their shop, work performed, copy of receipt & bill, any witnesses at the station. Did you run the tank over or did the carb run fuel over thru the vent hoses? Was it on run or Prime? Shouldnt run over regardless.They need tio fix this, no charge at worst, they owe you for the burns IMO. They should have a man at your house fixing that bike at your liesure, as far as I am concerned. Someone should be pouring your coffee & heating your do_nut. I.O.W. if it is as I think it is based on your description, they owe you a biggo appology & a reapir.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/23/07 at 10:15:48

I think he got what I was saying justin, we're insink mentally, just not verbose.

and scooter, take note of what he said all good points.

regarding the OM... there's a copy about here somewhere for down load.  If you can't find it pm me and I'll send it to you.

WWW   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #5 - 08/23/07 at 10:42:13

Holy smokes!  You soooooo have a legal case against them! Shocked

They ought to be kissing the ground you walk on right now - free labor and parts, refund of orginal fees, and hello medical bills!

Take care and stay on it.  Kiss

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
KWKaletta

The Savage Cycle

Zanesville, IN
Reply #6 - 08/23/07 at 17:25:21

Impossible - A word for the doing of which has not yet been learned.
  IP Logged
dscooter41
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08/24/07 at 06:50:38

Thanks to you all.  I am Christian biker so I tend to take the high road in these type of things.  However, when I called the service dept. the guy told me to bring bike in for a damage assessment and to talk to service manager about doctor's visit.  I took pics of everything (including leg).  Service guy said stuff happens sometimes.  I told him I have been riding for 31 years and never happened to me or anyone else I know of.  I probably won't sue as I figure the fire was a reminder from God as to what HELL is like.  LOL.  I told them to just fix the dam_ bike.  It is a camo bike I built for a buddy of mine in Iraq.  He won't retire yet as I did.  I owe him one.  Anyway, I tend to be long winded (old age).  Bike was not overfilled (ruins paint).  Maybe should have let it burn and then sued.  I know, call Ken Nugent or maybe Ted Nugent.  LOL.  Blessings to you all.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:23:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saved bike and I got burned (to much fuel)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.