need choke instructions (Read 21 times)
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Re: need choke instructions
Reply #15 - 08/25/07 at 20:58:07

The float bowl is where the fuel is stored in the carb. It is the bottom part of the carburetor and it is attached to the main carb body with 4 small screws.
About rejetting for an aftermarket exhaust- even with an aftermarket exhaust, the bike will run without rejet, but  usually You get a poor performance.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #16 - 08/29/07 at 17:34:20

slavy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
It seems, that somebody has been messing with the bike before You bought it.
There are couple of possible reasons to have Your problem,
but the most likely ones are : wrong or partually plugged pilot jet, and problem with the slider diaphragm.
You don't have to remove the carburetor. You can access the float bowl and the jets from bellow and You can remove the top cover and check the slider, the diaphragm, and the needle just by removing the seat and losening the 2 carb clamps..

If I'm reading this right I need to take the top and the bottom of the carb? If the slider diaphragm and pilot needle are on the top of the carb why does the float need to be removed? I can see in Clymer's manual that the jets are in the float bowl. So I'm basically checking both jets, slider diaphragm and needle to see if there is anything wrong?

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #17 - 08/29/07 at 19:28:30

First thing- remove the gas tank and pull the small decompressor rellay /the black box just above the carb/ out of the way.
loosen the 2 carb clamps so You can slightly twist the carb left and right, and take off the 4 screws that hold the carb. cover
pull the cover off and chesk the spring, pull the slider  and chesk the rubber diaphragh for tears. After that if You want You can do some needle adjustments.
Be very careful when installing back the diaphragm and the spring.
  The jets are in the float bowl. You have pilot jet and main jet. Check both - are they the correct size, drive a very thin wire thru them and make sure they are clean.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:18:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need choke instructions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.