got it together (Read 3 times)
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
got it together
08/21/07 at 16:09:34

so i got the cam chain in and the bike kinda together. started it up and it started leaking oil from the brake side, no big deal i'll take the cover off and smear a little permatex on it. so i leave the garage for a while and come back and there is a puddle of oil on the shifer side. now, i never took that cover off, so i don't know why it's leaking from there never did before. any ideas? i only hope that the starter didn't crack the case. it's probably gonna have to wait till tommorow till i look at it again. i'm pretty mad right now and don't wanna take it out on the bike.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: got it together
Reply #1 - 08/21/07 at 18:59:12

My first inclination would be that it ran over there somehow from the right side.  I think I'd make dang sure that wasn't what happened before digging in any further.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: got it together
Reply #2 - 08/21/07 at 19:04:48

Oil plug maybe......??

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:27:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › got it together

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.