I did it!!! (Read 12 times)
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
I did it!!!
08/18/07 at 19:58:29

I can't believe I actually put the bike back together and had it start on the first try! Nerve-wrecking I tell you!
Now I just have to take it on the road to see if the speedo stopped rattling. To tell you the truth I'm not to sure about that one yet, I keep on thinking maybe I forgot something or put it back together wrong. No fun finding out on the road!
The weird thing is that when I got the bike the owner told me that there was something wrong with the bike, namely it ran cold. He suggested I leave the choke pulled out all the way until the bike was really warm (hot). Sometimes even after 30 minutes I still couldn't push in the choke cause the engine would start dying. Now when I started her up with the choke out, it sounded like it was drowning so I pushed it back in. It actually idled without dying! How is that possible? I didn't change anything! I sure hope it stays this way though.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: I did it!!!
Reply #1 - 08/18/07 at 21:21:03

dont know the bikes history .... sounds like you blew the webs out of it...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #2 - 08/18/07 at 21:38:49

I'm not sure what blowing the webs out of it means, but it was nothing major. The speedo rattled and I had to take the tank, petc0ck and some other things off. Which for someone who works on bikes a lot is nothing, but for me was quite a challenge seeing as I have never done this before. But my mom always said where there is a will there is a way, so here I went.

You take the blue pill the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #3 - 08/19/07 at 07:23:31

When you took the petc0ck out you might have loosened up and cleared out some debris from your fuel lines and that may be why it is running better.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/20/07 at 01:48:11

Thrilling to go into the unknown & survive, isn't it? Congratulations!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #5 - 08/23/07 at 00:41:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Thrilling to go into the unknown & survive, isn't it? Congratulations!

Thrilling is one word, but not the one I would use for the next project I need to do, namely to mess with the carb. I guess now I can really mess things up enough that the bike won't run anymore.... period!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 08/23/07 at 09:04:24

Some talent doesn't hurt.  You got it babe.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 08/23/07 at 09:55:25

You can do it.  Just read all the stuff in the Carbs section of the Table of Contents in the Tech Ref section.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
SavageWahine
Serious Thumper

Aloha & Hang
Loose

Beautiful Kauai!
Reply #8 - 08/23/07 at 11:35:10

It came in a PDF file, cool! I saved it and will read it this afternoon after I"m pau (done) work.
It is a sunny day out there, so I’m going to take the bike to work. I replaced the vacuum hose so I hope it won’t die on me. (good excuse not to make it to work though!) I haven't heard back from the Suzuki shop in town regarding the front fork seal, and if he has any in stock. I tell you sometimes I wonder if they leave the phone off the hook on purpose so they don't need to answer it. (line's  always busy)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:25:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I did it!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.