Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cozy pilots.... resonable to attach/detach hack? (Read 8 times)
horseshoe_george
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Otisfield, ME
Cozy pilots.... resonable to attach/detach hack?
08/17/07 at 03:05:54

I have been considering sidecaring but can't afford 2 bikes at this time. The royal/enfield site claims once the Cozy car has been attached to the rig future iterations of attaching/detaching the car are a 30minute process.

How reasonable in reality is attaching the car cause its raining today or cause I need to haul around some stuff but tomorrow going for a ride without car in the twisities but then the next day gotta get some stuff so back on goes the car? etc etc.....

TIA

George

'06, TKAT fork brace, 1/3 spacer,155 main/55 pilot, K@N filter, Jardine, NGK irridium plug, Phillips MotoVision +40 orange hue bulb, windscreen, Hagon Shocks
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Cozy pilots.... resonable to attach/detach hac
Reply #1 - 08/17/07 at 06:50:19

I have asked this & gotten negative responses. I figure its something that can be done if done scientifically, but, I have zero experience & could find out I am very wrong in about 3 minutes. I am aware there is caster & camber to consider. On some there is a brake. I figure with some careful marking of tubes & mounts & maybe building a jig or some measuring devices to be able to reinstall it at the same spot. Then, the issue becomes riding on tires that have not been leaning thru turns. IF the hack is on long enough to run the tires square, its gonna handle poorly as a motorcycle alone. If you ballance the time right the tires wouldnt have to get squared off. If you wanted to, you could get spares to run. A set of wheel & tires dont cost as much as a bike.
I am interested in what you are wanting to do. I wish you the best.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/17/07 at 10:40:12

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 14:18:57 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 08/17/07 at 11:51:04

horseshoe_george wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
...How reasonable in reality is attaching the car cause its raining today or cause I need to haul around some stuff....

AFAICT there is no great advantage to a hack over a bike in the rain.  Just ride a little more gentle on either.  For hauling, more and more I think I want a trailer hitch.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:17:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cozy pilots.... resonable to attach/detach hack?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.