Send Topic Print
Backrest/sissybar (Read 14 times)
wmtrash1998
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Backrest/sissybar
08/16/07 at 08:34:16

I have a 03 Savage with the factory backrest.  I would like to have taller one.  Who makes taller backrest for the Savage? Smiley

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: Backrest/sissybar
Reply #1 - 08/16/07 at 08:56:58

Wouldn't mind have a slightly taller one myself.   The pad screws/bolts on under the Suzuki name plate on my '01.  The name plate  is attached with double sided tape.

I was thinking of buying a longer pad on eBay but haven't got around to searching yet.  I suggest searching Ebay for "sissy bar" and "backrest".

Here's the search text I would use:

(motorcycle, cycle)+(sissy bar, backrest)

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Backrest/sissybar
Reply #2 - 08/17/07 at 21:55:19

Go to a welding shop. They will weld or bend a new one for you for around $25 to $30. You can get in 5/8 inch round or square stock. They might ask you to draw one out on graph paper first so they know exactly what you want. Im going to have them make a second one and right above the rear tail light a extension so I can carry my sleeping bag on it. Quoted $50. Either this winter have it chromed or do as I did, paint it and clear coat it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:22:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Backrest/sissybar

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.