Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41186 times)
BinMD
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maryland, USA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2580 - 09/05/22 at 10:26:37

Hello all!  I "joined" the forum a few years ago but just poked around and have never posted until now.  I finally got around to buying a 2016 S40 (100 miles and completely stock) this past week, so I thought I would introduce myself.  I've got a lot planned for the bike over the next couple of months so I may start a build thread.  Maybe a bobber / cafe type thing... maybe a scrambler... we'll see.  I just like to tinker.  I've been modding Suzuki GS500s for quite a number of years and decided to try something different (just not sure exactly what yet).        

B.

small_pic.jpg
  IP Logged
djhicks
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio, USA
Reply #2581 - 10/08/22 at 06:43:16

Hello all! I'm Dave from northeast Ohio, USA. Bought a 2002 with 8750 miles on it several weeks ago, after not owning a bike for about 20 years. Looks like a lot of good information here!

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #2582 - 10/28/22 at 18:29:15

Hello, again, hello.  Just called to say hello.  I couldn't sleep at all ...
Oh, hi.
I've been gone about 12 years or so, and I've been strangely compelled to return.  I sold my 2003 Savage in 2010 or something, and I've had a HD Sportster and Dyna Wide Glide since then (both gone now).   My latest vehicle is a Can-Am Ryker, which is good fun and plenty stable for a relaxing ride.  However, I miss my days of tinkering with the Savage and would like to be able to take a 2-wheeler out now and then.  I'm considering searching for a S40, even though I have no business having a 2nd recreational vehicle and have no place to store it.  If I can find a clean one, I might be replacing tires and modding the carb and muffler in no time!

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
villa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2583 - 11/08/22 at 19:29:32

Hello all, I’m Miguel in San Diego CA. I bought a 2008 around 2012 and rode for 2 years w/ out incident until the rear end of a tractor trailer knocked it over & ruined the left shock, signal, mirror & rear fender.
RYCA kits were a thing then so figured it was the perfect excuse until I saw price. Almost what I paid for bike if I recall correctly.
Anyway, it sat for a few months then I had 3 kids and now 8 years later I’m finally thinking of trying to put it together again. Bike has been sitting in basement/ crawl space collecting dust. It has 4553 miles on odometer & I’m trying to decide whether to keep or try to sell.

5BC2B381-34B2-40B1-985C-4E68CB9AA7B4.jpeg
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #2584 - 11/18/22 at 17:58:02

I hope you keep it!  

villa wrote on 11/08/22 at 19:29:32:
Hello all, I’m Miguel in San Diego CA. I bought a 2008 around 2012 and rode for 2 years w/ out incident until the rear end of a tractor trailer knocked it over & ruined the left shock, signal, mirror & rear fender.
RYCA kits were a thing then so figured it was the perfect excuse until I saw price. Almost what I paid for bike if I recall correctly.
Anyway, it sat for a few months then I had 3 kids and now 8 years later I’m finally thinking of trying to put it together again. Bike has been sitting in basement/ crawl space collecting dust. It has 4553 miles on odometer & I’m trying to decide whether to keep or try to sell.

IP Logged
djhicks
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio, USA
Reply #2585 - 11/21/22 at 18:17:37

J Mac wrote on 10/28/22 at 18:29:15:
Hello, again, hello.  Just called to say hello.  I couldn't sleep at all ...
Oh, hi.
I've been gone about 12 years or so, and I've been strangely compelled to return.  I sold my 2003 Savage in 2010 or something, and I've had a HD Sportster and Dyna Wide Glide since then (both gone now).   My latest vehicle is a Can-Am Ryker, which is good fun and plenty stable for a relaxing ride.  However, I miss my days of tinkering with the Savage and would like to be able to take a 2-wheeler out now and then.  I'm considering searching for a S40, even though I have no business having a 2nd recreational vehicle and have no place to store it.  If I can find a clean one, I might be replacing tires and modding the carb and muffler in no time!

Hi J Mac. You sent me a message, but apparently I haven't posted enough to be able to respond. My 2002 is great. Got some good riding time in, and just wound things down for the winter. Hoping to do some things to it over the winter. I want to check the timing chain adjuster and the head plug. And I need to get new tires on it. Enjoy your new ride!

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #2586 - 11/22/22 at 17:13:38

Thanks, djhicks.  I have to replace tires as well.  They look great with 821 miles on them, but they aged out about 4 years ago.  I have to replace the brake fluid and hose, and I'm hoping that's about it other than tuning the carb.  Good luck with your work this winter.

IP Logged
Anameofsomesort
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2587 - 03/20/23 at 18:15:57

Hello Everybody!
I joined a little while ago and never did write anything here. I purchased a 1998 Suzuki Savage as my first motorcycle after finding a deal on one back in January. It's a little rough, previous owner crashed it, and sold it after his old lady told him he can't ride it anymore. It's in great mechanical condition minus a dented tank and broken wheel stopper (none of which effects operation). I've been having a great time learning to ride and understanding my bike. I've preformed all the basic maintenance since purchasing it (oil and filter change, air filter replacement, brake fluid replacement, battery replacement, sparkplug replacement, etc) and even though it sat for over a year before I bought it, it hasn't needed any real work to keep it running and riding, which is a real testament to the bike.

It's been a real treat riding (when the winter weather allows) to different places I thought as so routine in my cage. As a young guy, I never thought I would be one of those guys riding a cruiser down the road blasting my favorite Heavy Metal tunes, but I am now. I've found a great group of riders to teach me to ride safely well I wait for warmer weather and my MSF course to begin. I've never ridden anything about 250cc since I was 15, so it has been a fun step up to 652cc of single cylinder power, although I can tame myself. I've invested in gear to keep my brain and skin where they belong, although I'm still very open to suggestions considering I only have one pair of pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, boots, etc for riding at the moment.

I'd like to think this forum for providing me with excellent tutorials and technical documents I of course did not receive when buying a 25 year old bike for under $800. Can't wait to share my rides and bike on here as Spring and Summer rears its head, and see what all the other Savage/S40 owners are up to. See ya on the road!

IP Logged
T-Willie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2588 - 03/24/23 at 12:11:59

Howdy Folks! Names Tyler, I'm a 91' model and I joined just before winter and didn't notice this. I've been in northern Indiana for about 5 years but am originally from Texas. I'm an avid "tinkerer" and love working on and moding powersports type vehicles (making mini bikes/go carts go stupid fast, trying to attach a motor to anything with wheels, etc.) So I bought a 04' Savage from a fella up in Michigan and it was UGLY but it ran well which is exactly what I was looking for. I've been messing around with it over the winter and after getting it ready to ride, I've decided that I want to change up the look of her. I think I'm going to go for a type of bobber build but I feel like every savage you see out there is either stock or turned into a bobber so now I'm playing with the Idea of turning it into more of a dual sport bike. heres a few picts of it so far and thanks for having me!

IMG_4658.jpg
  IP Logged
porky133
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2589 - 04/12/23 at 18:07:04

Hello, long time rider of large bikes, VROD, F6b and Valkyrie. Decided to get a smaller bike to have some easy fun on and decided on the LS650. Thumper!

Retired veteran, live in central GA. Love to ride with small (up to 6 people) groups.

Feel free to contact me via Facebook (terry east) or PM here.

20230410_150720.jpg
  IP Logged
PsySavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2590 - 04/17/23 at 02:29:40

Just picked up a 95 savage out of a junkyard and am trying to save it. It is in much rougher shape than this pic shows!

Psy

C34031A6-A925-4F1E-B6D9-29622EE209E9.jpeg
  IP Logged
Urban Prairie Girl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2591 - 04/30/23 at 09:44:01

Hello. I'm a new female riders from Canada. I picked up a 2008 S40 as my first learner bike as it was lightweight, over 300cc and under 1000 cc I can flat foot it at only 5'1" tall and I reach the foot pegs. That's the criteria LOL. I really love how this bike fits me. I'd like to bobber it out. So far finding info and parts is proving difficult so it looks like I will be using these site alot!

IP Logged
Bamm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks My World
Daily!!

Eden
Reply #2592 - 05/10/23 at 17:52:46

Please please please, Tell us how

IP Logged
Daletec
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2593 - 05/17/23 at 07:38:05

I'm Chris from Lenoir, NC.  I'm 55 years old and just purchased my first street bike, a 2017 S40 in need of some love.  I've been riding dirt bikes and other folks' bikes since I was 8 years old and my wife and I are buying a pair of bikes.  We're looking for her a Rebel 250 or 300 to start on.  We plan on traveling and taking our bikes with us in a toy hauler/camper.  Both our sons are now grown, so we want to take some adventures!

IP Logged
SavageHenrik
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2594 - 05/29/23 at 12:04:17

Hi my name is Henrik, purchased a savage -01 after my first bike was a sport one, and i've never looked back since. The thumper is something els. My ultimate goal with my savage is to turn it into a chopper ride!

IMG_20210627_134203_1.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 14:45:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.