Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41165 times)
Smerft85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2565 - 05/14/22 at 11:06:49

Hello everyone, new to the forum from southern Colorado. Purchased my little Savage a while back because the price was right, young kid didn't know what he was doing and couldn't get it to run, clear title and my legal last name is Savage, so I couldn't resist! Have many other bikes and the Savage has been a tinker toy for me to build, at 36 being retired I get bored very easy. I'll post up pictures once I figure out the forum of why wd-40 style straws can be a huge disaster if used improperly, believe it to be the reason the previous owner couldn't get it running. Anyway, hello to all you Savage and motorcycle enthusiasts, glad to be here finally!

IP Logged
Leelizoo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2566 - 05/18/22 at 13:20:12

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of learning to ride (taking my class 6/4 & 6/5). After a lot of research, I've decided to get an S40 as I am only 5'2" and want a bike <400 lbs. My husband got back into cycling last year and talked me into giving it a try. Wish me luck and please, provide any and all advice you have!  Smiley

IP Logged
Smerft85
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2567 - 05/19/22 at 05:57:01

My best advise from a husband helping a wife learn, don't do ANYTHING  outside of your own comfort zone! I've read horror stories of husband's in this position getting irate with their wives over not being comfortable riding how he rides with a percentage of the experience. When I get the opportunity to ride next to my wife I always let her lead and watch how she's does, we don't discuss anything unless she asks for my input, I've been riding 30 years self taught, she has a few months experience. That being said, if and when you ask for criticism, be open to the answer and know it may not be what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

Second thing I'd tell any and all new riders, welcome! Ther are two kinds of riders, those who have laid a bike down, and those who will. It's up to you to have the courage to pick that bike up and throw your leg over the saddle again.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2568 - 05/19/22 at 09:18:28

Leelizoo wrote on 05/18/22 at 13:20:12:
Hello everyone! I'm in the process of learning to ride (taking my class 6/4 & 6/5). After a lot of research, I've decided to get an S40 as I am only 5'2" and want a bike <400 lbs. My husband got back into cycling last year and talked me into giving it a try. Wish me luck and please, provide any and all advice you have!  Smiley

Two concerns to watch out for are loose gravel and 'cagers'.  Good luck!

IP Logged
Garry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2569 - 05/28/22 at 16:25:41

G’Day All,

I am Garry from NSW Australia. This is my second S40. The first was a 2015 Pearl white one which I stupidly sold in 2019. My new one is a 2017 purple and black beauty. I regretted selling my first one almost immediately and no other bike since has given me the same satisfaction. Hopefully with my new acquisition the wound will be healed.

Cheers
Garry

CBA530E5-D1C2-4386-AAD3-9281859F6E4A.jpeg
  IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2570 - 05/28/22 at 19:06:25

Have fun!  You said you're from NSW Australia, NSW confused me til I realized that you were on the other half of the world!

IP Logged
wheelbender6

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2571 - 05/30/22 at 06:39:43

buster6315 wrote on 04/11/22 at 19:13:08:
I agree about the tall seat height.  I like the idea of a bike with long suspension, due to the poor roads around here.  There is the possibility of installing a lowering kit to bring the seat height down.

It took a couple of months, but I finally found a Savage local, sort of. Its in Austin. Its a 2012 with 3000 miles. I will pick it up Saturday.

IP Logged
13suzukibob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2572 - 05/31/22 at 13:46:29

Hello all, new to the forum, I'm in the Atlanta GA area, bought a 2013 S40 last yr December and have been enjoying it so far. Here to learn about these bikes and how to work on them. Thanks

IP Logged
Bout Done
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2573 - 06/01/22 at 14:54:52

Hello to everyone, bought my 2019 S40 new in 2020. I've own and maintained many bikes during my 58ish years of riding history. This may be my last bike but that's what I thought with the one before this (which I still have). Been aware of this forum sense getting the bike so finally signed up and made a small donation, a first for me. One of the main reasons I chose the S40, no nasty chain to clean and lube plus it don't weigh much (comparatively). I'm paying the price of hard physical labor and motorcycle accidents so every lb matters now. Spent my working life in maintenance, aircraft (USAF) and industrial (manufacturing and municipal utilities). Finally, I've had more people approach me and want to talk about the bike than any I ever owned.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa.
  IP Logged
irritatedmongo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2574 - 06/09/22 at 02:43:06

Hey.  I'm Mike.  Did I introduce myself already?  Can't recall offhand.

2017 Boulevard S40.  "Metallic Fox Orange."  Love it.  Sounds like a pending divorce with a redhead.

Sadly, I hear Suzuki stopped making in 2019.  I'm 250 lbs.  More with gear.  My S40 is Fiona.  I love her to death.  I have no pro prob stroking her throttle up to freeway speeds and love her classic thumper sound. She corners like a dream.

Lately front brake is squeaky and drive belt chirps on aft sprocket.  Looking this up, sounds characteristic.  Love my ride.

IP Logged
Smith2
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2575 - 06/18/22 at 13:49:11

New here (obviously). Just helped my 17yr old get his first bike. A 2006 s40 with 4k miles. I've been riding for a long time and currently daily ride a Stratoliner. Riding my son's s40 over an hour home from the buy was a blast. I'm 6'0 250 and thought it'd be too small. Far more comfortable than I thought it would be. Great fun bike. My son, who's never rode anything, picked it up and was riding with me on the rode within an hour.

IP Logged
Tony9
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2576 - 06/23/22 at 17:06:31

Hi, name is Tony. New here. Purchased a 2009 S40 in March of this year and have been riding it till recently. Fun bike. Only thing I had done to it was replaced the petcock with a Raptor and sealed the vacuum on the carburetor. Of course I had to start tinkering with more and I am now switching out the front turn signals and headlight with LEDs and and waiting for a turn signal relay as I am having issues with the lights not working! Good to be here with other enthusiasts! A pic is included, sorry the bike is incomplete right now Smiley.

IP Logged
Makide
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2577 - 07/03/22 at 19:25:12

Hello, I am Matt I recently purchased a 2015 s40.

IP Logged
nj7171
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2578 - 07/11/22 at 12:15:33

Hello! I am Niraj from NJ. Own 2014 S40 Metallic Fox Orange. Happy to have found this forum!

IP Logged
BobaSmurfett
YaBB Newbies

Just trying to be
the person my dogs
think I am.

Northern Virginia
Reply #2579 - 07/17/22 at 01:06:33

Hi! I’m Sharilyn. I live in Northern VA with my husband and our dogs. I purchased a project 2011 a couple months ago and am EXTREMELY proud to say that my project was successful and she now runs like a top. Thanks to this site I was able to find the parts I needed and even took a gamble and just sent money through PayPal for a rejet kit without contacting the seller first because my account hadn’t been approved. Y’all are some stand up people and I’m thankful to have this resource and your knowledge/experience available.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 14:44:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.