Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41165 times)
Wild1OR
YaBB Newbies

Whaddaya got?

Oregon
Beginner from Oregon
Reply #2460 - 08/21/20 at 20:09:16

Greetings. I'm Victor and I occasionally rode a friend's motorcycle about 25 years ago. Though I don't recall the make and model, I can visualize the bike and it must have been a Honda CM400, because it was fully automatic. I've longed for years to own a bike and recently the pandemic has been the motivator to get one, so I can get out and enjoy myself while distancing. The Suzuki Boulevard S40 is at the top of my list, so I'll be posting questions and requesting advice.

IP Logged
rawsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2461 - 08/23/20 at 08:43:32

Cheers from the netherlands!
This is my rusty savage, it turned into some sort of dirty chopper.
When i got the bike it allready had the horrible devil airbrush, but after some time it grew on me.

Tech:
I slightly enlarged the ports,
Went the K&N pod filter route,
Rejetted to 52,5/152,5
Old sporty exhaust with baffle,
Did the camchain tensioner mod and upgraded the oil plug.
And stripped op the covers.
The sissy bar i made by handtwisting it over a forging fire.

20F51B72-D64E-454B-9852-756134724AAB.jpeg
  IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Reply #2462 - 09/03/20 at 18:02:54

Back again. Was here some years age used S40 purchased for my wife. She never did ride it, I did and liked it. Finally got retired and moved to Az. Sold off all bikes before moving. Spent 2 years on a Ural rig after getting here. been on a spyder for the last year. Spyder goes away on Saturday and new 2019 s40 comes home. Looks like I"ll be a happy camper.

IP Logged
gtenginerd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MO
Reply #2463 - 09/06/20 at 21:21:59

Hey Folks. Just joined after my dad got a new bike and gave me his 2006 S40.

Replaced the headlight and brake pads. Just got the steel braid brake line, front springs, tracker handlebars, short risers and mirrors in the mail. Checking the cam chain tensioner soon, and probably replacing the carb too.

Eventually planning to do a cafe/scrambler build. Looking forward to it. Already found plenty of good info here. Thanks Everyone.

IP Logged
Caseycs
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2464 - 09/11/20 at 09:13:19

Hello from Washington state! My name is Casey. About a month ago I picked up a 2014 blue/white S40 with 10k miles for the wife, who fell in love with it. I put a trail tech vapor gauge on it so she has an odometer/tach, and a fork bag to hold some small items, other than that it is pretty much stock. I've been scanning through the forum, tech section and maintenance tips and tricks for a few weeks now. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community as well as try out a few of the mods and upgrades I've seen on here. Ignore the messy garage  Grin.
« Last Edit: 09/12/20 at 01:57:05 by Caseycs »  

Suzuki_S40_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Seipgam
YaBB Newbies

Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Reply #2465 - 09/11/20 at 17:14:28

Hi, new member hear from Ballarat in Victoria, Australia.
Recently purchased a stock 2014 S40 with 2,200km on the clock.
Adjusted the air/fuel screw a little to take the pops and bangs out of it, made up some shorter handlebar risers to make them a little lower and further forward for a more comfortable ride.
Have ordered a Raptor petcock before I have any issues with it.
Will look at the timing chain adjuster at 20,000km if I haven't had to before hand.  
Other than that I hope it's just general maintenance to keep her rolling.

Cheers, Geoff
« Last Edit: 09/12/20 at 18:34:37 by Seipgam »  

IMG_2641.PNG

2014 S40 Boulevard
1995 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
1954 Francis-Bernett Kestrel 66 122cc
  IP Logged
hj2223
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2466 - 09/23/20 at 11:57:07

Newbie here. Wanted to say hello. I'll be working on a voodoo build soon - but I've got a 2 year old and one-month old at home - so we will see what "soon" means. I've previously owned a 1972 honda cb350 and a 79 cb750 that I turned into cafe's - now looking to go the chopper route.

Look forward to the process in any case.

I'll also make a plug for a great organization - look into BACA.

Cheers.

IP Logged
elysianforest
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #2467 - 09/24/20 at 00:17:37

Howdy all, Forest from Tucson here. Picked up an aught six S40 for my wife to learn on about a year ago, but it's gradually become evident she's just not gonna do it. In the meantime, I've been enjoying it plenty and now that it's at 30k miles and making a bit of noise, I am going to do some performance and ergonomic upgrades to make it better for me. Might even bob it out a bit, haven't decided.

Cheerio!

2005 s40 - working on it
  IP Logged
kenibru2
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2468 - 10/08/20 at 17:21:10

Hi folks! Ken Haynes from Ennis,TX here. I’ve been a member now for several months, but I didn’t want to post anything until I acquired my own S40. Two weeks ago I saw an ad for a “barn find” in the Dallas area in the Facebook Savage Group, and wound up buying it for $200. So I am now legitimate!
I am attracted to the S40 for several reasons, one of which is, it’s not very fast, at least in stock form. I’ll be turning 70 in March, and my “Need for Speed” has morphed over the last 48 years into a very different form of appreciation of the motorcycling experience. I’m hoping ya’ll will be interested in my somewhat eccentric take on our sport. If not, that’s totally cool- I understand. But if so, I am delighted to have you along on my new adventure! Maybe we will both learn something new!

IP Logged
Gwen
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2469 - 10/10/20 at 07:23:44

Hi to all. I’m Gwen in the Beautiful Big Bend Region of Texas. I lost my motorcycle to divorce, so in Oct 2018, I bought an ‘04 Savage with about 5k miles on her. I named her Celeste. I finally took possession of her in April 2019. She is currently sitting in my garage with a fuel starvation problem. My plan is to bravely go where I’ve never gone before, to try to DIY this repair and continue with DIY maintenance. Honestly, I didn’t appreciate Celeste at first, but I’ve grown to love her simplicity and classic, unchanged style. Thanks for this excellent forum! I hope to see you all on the road.

IP Logged
tinnyfacexd
YaBB Newbies

Loud Pipes Save
Lives

New Zealand
Reply #2470 - 10/16/20 at 19:46:44

Hey guys I'm Devon been reading this forum for over a year now for help on my 2005 boulevard bobber and 2016 stock s40, great to finally be amongst it.

I'm 21, got my 2005 s40 about two years ago now and been loving it, basically I use my bike everyday as a daily so looking forward to all the mods that will be coming up. Been riding since I was about 14 (mostly dirtbikes) and been riding roadbikes since 18 and love every minute of it  Cool

Broke Student along for the ride.
  IP Logged
DMont63
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2471 - 10/30/20 at 15:17:28

Hi all,

I just purchased a stock 2002 Savage with a little over 3000 miles on it.  I am looking forward to first learning how to ride on the road - and second enjoy the process of converting it to a bobber.  It’s been something I’ve been thinking about for a while and am finally jumping in!

Look forward to feedback as I get started!

D.

IP Logged
baldybiker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2472 - 11/06/20 at 17:12:22

Hello,

I'm Baldybiker from England and have just acquired a rather lovely LS650 Savage.
I had (belatedly I think) been looking for a Savage having long been drawn to them.
I found this very nice example and bought it. I’ve been wrestling with how to fit panniers. Parts like pannier frames are difficult to come by here in the UK and doubly expensive from the US.
It’s a lovely machine and fits me well, and it does that thing that great bikes do...makes me smile inside and out.
Thank you for accepting me to the group, good to be here.
« Last Edit: 11/12/20 at 16:47:09 by baldybiker »  

7379DCC4-7D8B-4BB9-851C-72E7D1EA7AF8_1_201_a.jpeg
  IP Logged
Adellemoto
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Daphne, Al
Reply #2473 - 11/12/20 at 12:31:56

Hello all. I'm Chris from Alabama. Been building/rebuilding bikes for about 15 years. Just recently picked up an '07 savage for $400 bucks. Previous owner said it has a knock in the engine. Been wanting a single cylinder thumper for a while now. Haven't turned it over yet, probably gonna check the chain tensioner and flywheel tightness first after doing some reading here. Looking forward to building a new chopper with this thing.

IP Logged
chimmu
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2474 - 11/26/20 at 19:02:39

Hi there,  I'm from the San Francisco bay area and recently got a 2015 S40/LS650 to teach my daughter how to ride.

IMG_20201112_152039.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 01:00:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.