Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2445 - 05/22/20 at 15:28:22

SoC wrote on 04/17/20 at 22:22:59:
Jdvt600, Welcome to the world of the LS650, Savage, S40. One of my 2 Savages is a 2011 S40 with the same color scheme. Looking at the the photo of your ride I might make the suggestion that you quickly evaluate the attachment of the muffler. It appears whomever installed that made a serious error in bypassing the muffler mount on the frame and instead attached it to the swing arm. Note in photo mounting bracket attached to shock bolt. Mufflers need attachment to frame as there is no allowmwnt for movement in the entire length of the exhaust. Swing arm has motion up and down with the suspension. Everything about the muffler attachment you have is fixed, i.e. no movement. There is nothing about how yours is attached to allow for it to move with the swing arm. Net result will be it will break off while you are riding down the road and you hit a big bump.

Outside of that it's a clean looking bike, welcome and enjoy.

Thank you SOC. I've been searching for the right exhaust solution. I thought I was going to replace it straight away, but I really like how the Yoshimura slip on sounds and feels (it's extremely light). I also like the uniqueness of it.  One of the reasons for the purchase of this bike was to learn metal fabrication and all around mechanical skills. I may take this opportunity to perform my first weld. For now, I've got the shock absorbers set to the highest setting. Hopefully things don't go awry until I can get a cheap welder.

IP Logged
Fizzles6
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greetings from Cleveland Ohio USA
Reply #2446 - 05/23/20 at 23:05:49

Hello everyone! Ted from Cleveland Ohio, USA (Parma if you know where that is).  57 year old long time biker and now the owner of a 2001 Suzuki S40.  Will be bobbing it as my "fun" bike for when the Mrs. isn't riding with me.  This is my 44th bike.  

IP Logged
CogAtomic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2447 - 05/29/20 at 07:07:44

[url][/url]Hi everyone. Nice meeting you alll...My new to me 2001 Savage was bought from a friend and finally registered and plated when the notary services reopened here in PA last. I love riding this Savage, it fits me perfectly. It's the first of three bikes I've owned that had a perfect feel. While it's a cruiser, I love that it's agile in it's handling. Ive been reading various posts here to learn about the Savage,  and wanted to register since it seems like a really knowledge extensive forum and site. I hope everyone's doing well this week and safe riding!!! (Btw I'm Tom, and a little waays outside of Pittsburgh PA
« Last Edit: 05/29/20 at 12:27:35 by CogAtomic »  

329BE292-EADF-4797-9F82-10438FBFF7D6.jpeg
  IP Logged
Dwtty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2448 - 06/04/20 at 15:12:40

Hello. Based in Wales. Owned a Savage 20 odd years ago but just bought an  non runner 1996 model. It had dropped a valve, not pretty but not catastrophic. I have 4 other bikes. A Yam, a Honda and two Triumphs. I might need some help. Thanks.

savage3.jpg
  IP Logged
Samsavage1997
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2449 - 06/04/20 at 17:03:18

Hi everyone! I’m new here. My name is sam. I’m almost 20 years old and I just bought my first bike. Which is a 1997 Suzuki Savage LS650. Rightfully named “Susie Savage” after my grandmother. My dad suggested I join this forum to learn more about the bike and other people’s experiences with it. Attached is a photo of my bike. Can’t wait to hear from you all.

ADACCC1C-C189-46D8-A31F-121B943B845D.jpeg
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2450 - 06/06/20 at 10:32:59

Moofed wrote on 08/21/07 at 18:50:42:
Hi all!  Daniel here.  I just got my Savage today, but have been reading the forum for a while.  It's a 2002 with 980 miles, of which only 7 are mine so far.  Seems to be all stock parts plus a windshield.
http://moofed.org/tmp/ls650.jpg
Hopefully I won't need this community for mechanical help, but I'm glad it is here.  Smiley

Your bike looks like mine  2000 LS 650 Savage.. looks like brand new, thanks to former owners anyhowe?
And to that.. its no more problems then buying a used bike/car!
'And I was read2ing this forum.. any used bike or car could have some probleemss, perticalou, if the formar ownwners was rediculy recles!

In any case..Im an old biker, strugle to at least get sowhat feeling of to be a biker agian  and I feel that this LS650/S40 is at least the feeling!

Thats my feeling to this bike.. its a big Thumper, custome ride bike type!

IP Logged
SpAceGiRl94
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2451 - 06/11/20 at 13:05:58

Hello everyone, I'm located in Indiana with a 2001 Suzuki Savage LS650 with almost 17500 miles (fondly named Henry the Savage Beast). I purchased it less than a month ago and it's my first bike. I'm 26 years old and am excited to join this community. Ride safe everyone! Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2452 - 06/11/20 at 15:51:16

SpAceGiRl94 wrote on 06/11/20 at 13:05:58:
Hello everyone, I'm located in Indiana with a 2001 Suzuki Savage LS650 with almost 17500 miles (fondly named Henry the Savage Beast). I purchased it less than a month ago and it's my first bike. I'm 26 years old and am excited to join this community. Ride safe everyone! Smiley

Howdy young lady !
Welcome to the site. 😎

IP Logged
Ulfer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2453 - 07/03/20 at 13:32:34

Hey everyone, my name is Mike, and I'm 36. Thanks for the add. Smiley I'm here in New Mexico, and I joined the forums because my buddy just bought a 2012 (new to him) Boulevard S40, and he likes having me do the work on things for him. Smiley It's a pretty nice bike, and, to be honest, I'm kinda jealous! (

I hope to get a lot of my questions answered here, and I've already done the Dana muffler mod for him (*because the PO hacked off the back 5" of muffler or so and pulled the baffles) with a non modified Dana muffler. I have browsed the technical and newbie sections (since I've never worked on this bike!) and am happy to see so much support and information that wasn't locked until I was a full member. Smiley

I look forward to spending time with you all, and can't wait to get some other things rolling on his bike for him. (I have a few questions for other threads, but I think I know how to get to them!)

Cheesy

IP Logged
RH FACTOR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2454 - 07/15/20 at 02:04:30

Hi. I am a 66 year old who bought a 2009 S40 last October. I love it.

IP Logged
MightyMouse
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2455 - 07/26/20 at 15:58:50

Hi folks nice to meet you all.  Smiley I'm 38, live in Vegas and have a project bike 1986 LS650 sitting in my garage. I haven't ridden in a while,  I'm mostly just happy about the chance to talk to other Suzuki Savage fans. I'm not sure how to attach pics but I'll try.
Have a great weekend (or what's left of it, lol).

00606_aHlFyPWXAUg_0hq0hq_1200x900.jpg
  IP Logged
Jerry Steckmeister
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2456 - 07/29/20 at 12:20:14

Greetings! I bought my wife a 1999 Suzuki Savage for our first anniversary twenty years ago. (I bought it in 2000, but had to find a leftover '99 because the '00 only came in yellow and my wife found that unpalatable). My teenage daughter has recently become interested in riding and working on motorcycles, so I'll be looking for ideas and suggestions as I teach her to work on the bike. So far, the bike is stock, except for a windshield and saddlebags.

IP Logged
belgiumsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2457 - 08/18/20 at 10:41:38

Hi there I'm Pascal a 52 year old biker from Belgium ,
Me and my dad owned a savage together around the year 2000, sadly the bike had to go. Since my dad died a year ago i decided to search for a project bike ( sure that it had to be a savage ) and now i own a dead 1987 savage with 20.000kms on the counter .
i have a donor engine where i can take parts off and transplant to the other engine to give this oldie a new chance .So that's how i came to this forum cause i saw some very interesting things that i couldn't find in the maintenance manual , so probably i'll have some questions for you'all. Wink update a few pics:
I also own a yamaha xv250 that i redid last year . 

Sold the xv250 and bought another dead savage from 1992 will be fun to work on that one this winter .
« Last Edit: 02/02/21 at 08:38:18 by belgiumsavage »  

sav1.jpg
  IP Logged
Ando
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2458 - 08/19/20 at 00:35:17

Hi. 1996, just short of 14k km on the clock. 2 year search for the right savage. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Mods since purchase: raptor, air box door and snorkel, new battery, rotella t6, 1.5" seat mod. runs well. thank you for providing enough information for a confident purchase. next mods: dyna muffler, 10" ape hangers, possible rejet+spacer, possible early CCT.

IP Logged
Wez
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2459 - 08/21/20 at 11:17:23

First Post!!  

Hello Everyone!  I'm Gary from Connecticut.  I grew up in the "country" and my dad had a big Farmall tractor so Ive always loved anything mechanical.  Being dirt poor, anything that actually ran was out of the question lol.  Bikes were my first passion, even way of life.  Growing up in the 80's, even the BMX craze was inspirational

I went to an Vocational Agricultural High School where I studied Agricultural Mechanics.  Learned large and small engine repair at an early age.  Went on to Engineering School only to find out that it wasnt for me.  I then re enrolled myself and acquired an Associates Degree in Laser Electro Optic Technology.  Probably the best decision I have ever made.  The past ten years I have been working in development laboratories developing extremely high powered solid state and fiber optic lasers.  It's incredible how much my mechanical background has helped me excel in this career path.  I have restored a 78 Chevy Nova and an 82 cb750 Nighthawk.  Both restomods.

A co-worker recently has given me his extra savage 650.  I'll have to double check the year but I'm sure it's an early 2000 model or similar.  It's in pieces.  Think this is the perfect project to get my son off of Fortnite.  So the plan is to have a father/son/daughter scrambler project.  My son is 12 and he's on the fence of being the future Denzel Washington or the future Steve Erkel.  It's up to me.  So far he spent the first day cleaning the shop and moving the parts around and connecting the frame to the engine stand.  Ill be taking pictures on the way.  Maybe even Youtube.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 03:31:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.