Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41186 times)
Murphy Chow
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2415 - 01/12/20 at 00:10:03

Hello, Everyone Murphy here from Vancouver BC. My Suzuki Savage was given to me from a mentor of mine who sadly passed recently in Nov 2019. He gave me all 12 of his bikes to finish. Ive started on this 1986 Savage  has a couple broken pieces and a broken exhaust stud in the head and the cam tensioner is loose and lots of other little things are broken but in any case I will rebuild it.

Thanks M

IP Logged
Captain Capsize
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2416 - 01/23/20 at 19:30:30

Howdy folks.  I think I may have been a forum member 20 or so years ago.
A little background: I have been riding since 1960. Yep, I'm an old guy. I started out with 2 Harleys when I was 16 then a BMW when I was in Germany. Then a slew of dirt bikes. Then a Yamaha RD350 .Then 2 Suzuki Savages. Then Honda Magnas/Sabres about 6 of them. Now I am back to a Suzuki Savage. Now that I am 76 and not as strong as I was in my young and dumb years  Now I find the Magna too much bike for me. I always loved my little Sukis so I sold one of my Magnas and bought a 2012 LS650.  Nice little bike that I can pick up if I drop it. Looking forward to sharing with fellow riders.  I go by Captain Capsize (long story).

IP Logged
Thomas L.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2417 - 01/28/20 at 06:02:35

Hello everyone! I recently bought a s40 and am loving the bike and community. So far I have put a biltwell single seat, cone filter and dyna exhaust. Just sent Lancer a request for the jetset and cant wait to get everything up and running right. Looking forward to conversing with you all   Smiley

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #2418 - 01/28/20 at 06:52:12

Sorry I missed a bunch of new introductions. Welcome to the forum...enjoy the ride.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
tophowe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2419 - 01/31/20 at 16:24:15

My name is Ken and I love my little savage.  I have an 02 with a Harley exhaust

IP Logged
Bokobob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gastonia, NC
Reply #2420 - 02/01/20 at 11:58:54

Hi, my name is Bob and I live in North Carolina.  I am in my eighties and have a Rebel 250 and, as of today, a 1996 Savage LS 650 in fair condition with 12000 miles.  This is my 36th bike since I started to ride again 12 years ago in 2008.  I just have the two small bikes left.   I no longer feel confident handling bikes more than, say 400 lbs.  I do not ride far....50 miles is a push...25 is more like it.  No questions here, as instructed, but have two things to tweak/fix.  Clutch slips and battery will give two starts at the most.  

I look forward to learning and getting acquainted with y'all.

Kind regards,   Smiley  Bob

Bob
84 and still riding
2009 S40 650, and Rebel 250
Gastonia, NC
  IP Logged
OneThumpChump
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Georgia, USA
Reply #2421 - 02/03/20 at 21:59:54

Hey everyone, my name is Auston, I'm 28 and I'm from Georgia. I bought a 2004 Savage back in July for my first bike and I love it. My brother liked it so much that he bought him one a week later. So far I have repainted it, put on a La Rosa single seat, custom led turn signals, cone filter, exhaust, rejetted the carb, and I have a lot more planned for the future. Glad to have a place like this to learn from everyone. Cheers!

2004 Savage Bobber
  IP Logged
medic1898
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2422 - 02/15/20 at 00:05:35

Hey all,

medic1898 checking in from the SF Bay Area. Not too long ago I bought, repaired, painted, polished, put a few thousand miles on, and sold one of these thumpers, I attached a pic. I recently bought another junker and I'm in the process of doing the same.  I'm joining for all the perks of membership up to and including carb knowledge and the cam chain tensioner mod.

savage1.png
  IP Logged
tophowe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2423 - 02/16/20 at 15:02:21

My name is Ken.  I have an 02 that I don't get to ride enough.  No major mods yet, just a harley exhaust.

IP Logged
R. Steady
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2424 - 02/25/20 at 03:12:47

Hi all,

I have been reading the discussions on this site for about two months now, and the Suz is about to start it’s second (or third) life, so I thought let us just intruduce myself and the bike to all y’all.

I am Tjeerd, I live in the Netherlands. Born at the start of the seventies and only just riding motorcycles recently. Some call it midlife crisis and they are probably right, I couldn’t care less…
My mate Jan, who got me to ride bikes finally after 30 years, and I bought the Savage together from another friend.
We decided to team up, to buy, restore/rebuild and sell bikes for fun. Share costs, labour and revenue. But most important, share ideas and techniques and time and fun!

The Suzuki is an imported (US) ‘87 model with only 10,000 miles on it. It has not been ridden for at least 20 years since it came with a pre-EU plate and the tires had a ‘95 dot-code.
This is what we are about to do;
-make it run,
-make it safe,
-make it reliable,
-add personality.

Maybe I should start a build/restore thread if you appreciate that:?
Thanks for now and bye,
Tjeerd

IP Logged
armchairbiker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2425 - 02/28/20 at 12:00:10

Hello everyone!
I am a new owner of 1999. LS650 from Croatia.

Been searching for helpful information and this forum keeps popping up in my search. I've been looking to buy a motorcycle for ages now. In Europe we mostly drive around on scooters. Saw Savage couple of times in the classifieds and immediately fell in love. It's a perfect bike for me. It is not too powerful, relatively narrow for parking/filtering, great looking, good value for money.

IP Logged
Jdvt600

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2426 - 04/06/20 at 12:24:58

Hello everyone. After looking for months I am the new owner of a s40. I am looking forward to mods and having fun riding!

s40_002.jpg
  IP Logged
S40 Noob
YaBB Newbies

tiny cruiser life

Atlanta, GA
Reply #2427 - 04/07/20 at 12:48:14

Hi everyone! I just got my first motorcycle and after a good deal of waiting and research it turned out to be one of these wonderful little machines. It's a 2008 S40 that's seen some rough days, but I'm gradually trying to get it back in pristine condition!

Unfortunately I've been stuck practicing in this parking deck since I can't get a license or registration due to government offices being closed during the pandemic, and in the photo you can see a scratch where I've already laid it down once  Tongue

S40_parking_deck.jpg

2008 Candy Red, 10k miles Smiley
  IP Logged
Spudster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2428 - 04/12/20 at 21:33:00

Hello everyone,
I'm Ted from western Canada and have been following the forum since October of 2017. I have been riding for 40 years on everything from dirt bikes to a series of cruisers from 550 to 1,300 cc's. This has also allowed me to have been to virtually every western state and province. A benefit to living about an hour from Glacier National Park.

I have always liked the Savage / S40 and finally bought one in December 2019. It's a 2015 with 10,750km (6,680 miles). I have found pretty much every factory accessory for it and have just started getting a few miles on it.
Immediately noticed the lean condition and have ordered a re-jet kit from 6Sigma.
Not sure what a new engine sounds like but I think the cam chain might be a little loose. I would like to add Verslagen's tensioner mod next oil change.

Glad to have found such a valuable knowledge resource at Suzukisavage.com and hope I can contribute a fraction of what I've learned already.

Keep safe during these uncertain times!
Spudster (Ted)

IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2429 - 04/17/20 at 22:22:59

Jdvt600, Welcome to the world of the LS650, Savage, S40. One of my 2 Savages is a 2011 S40 with the same color scheme. Looking at the the photo of your ride I might make the suggestion that you quickly evaluate the attachment of the muffler. It appears whomever installed that made a serious error in bypassing the muffler mount on the frame and instead attached it to the swing arm. Note in photo mounting bracket attached to shock bolt. Mufflers need attachment to frame as there is no allowmwnt for movement in the entire length of the exhaust. Swing arm has motion up and down with the suspension. Everything about the muffler attachment you have is fixed, i.e. no movement. There is nothing about how yours is attached to allow for it to move with the swing arm. Net result will be it will break off while you are riding down the road and you hit a big bump.

Outside of that it's a clean looking bike, welcome and enjoy.

Untitled_032.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 11:38:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.