Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
Venturi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2400 - 10/27/19 at 11:50:05

Here is an update on my build. I have her fully up and running and have added everything to make her street legal. I’m waiting on an inspection by highway patrol because it didn’t come with a title. Hoping to get that all done before I PCS to California.

FCD570FB-58AD-4683-804D-B83882D18E4C.jpeg
  IP Logged
Kram Regerk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2401 - 11/01/19 at 12:00:39

Hello, I’m Mark from Wis. Been riding motorcycles since my father bought me my first Trail 70. After that I upgraded to motorcross. Then after getting my motorcycle license after high school I went through a crotch rocket phase. In my 30’s I switched to more cruising with a a Honda shadow and then in my 40’s a Harley Road King. Now almost 50 I’m beginning to get into a bobber/rigid frame phase. I purchased a 2003 Savage a couple years ago and built my first hardtail bobber using Ryca’s conversion kit. Really had fun with that. I’ll post a photo if I can in Savage photos thread if I can get it uploaded. Would love to try another one sometime in the near future. Happy riding all!

8ADA119F-F341-4FD0-916C-36586F1B0AED.jpeg
  IP Logged
Dennisgb

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maplewood MN
Reply #2402 - 11/05/19 at 12:21:22

New member and S40 owner. I’ve owned a bunch of motorcycles over my lifetime (67 years) and presently have 9. I picked up a 2011 S40 to use on a sidecar Rig. Looking forward to the knowledgeable folks here helping me learn about the Suzuki.

4FFB1247-5EB7-4CF7-9A7C-FC7604E5933D.jpeg
  IP Logged
John G
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2403 - 11/06/19 at 08:59:47

I just acquired a 2012 S40. Been riding since 1965. Too many bikes to list. Screwed up a knee playing basketball in college. My goal with this bike is maneuvering when I have to back it into the corner of the garage. I have found that I really like the way it handles around town as well. Fun bike! Traditionalist me is not interested in remaking it, I like it the way it is. Really nice looking as is. Orange/black. 4500 mi. Brand new Michelins. $2000. I think I got a great deal. Just an old fart having fun.

IP Logged
MilyRose
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2404 - 11/18/19 at 22:13:43

Hi... I'm a new member to this Suzuki Savage.

IP Logged
Rodney001
YaBB Newbies

Castroville, Texas
Reply #2405 - 12/10/19 at 13:15:28

Hi all, just passed the MSF beginners class in mid September. Bought this 2009 S40 in late October.

20191209_105634-1_001.jpg
  IP Logged
ShawnD70
YaBB Newbies

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reply #2406 - 12/12/19 at 15:04:22

Looking at a 98 Savage this weekend.  Going through the forums to see what the typical issues are.  Looking forward to doing the cafe racer thing.  I kind of miss my sons old CB360....not terribly powerful like my other rides but light, flickable, kind of fun.  Wife says I need something to kill time with too.  Apparently, I've become an old, grumpy man.

IP Logged
samlky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2407 - 12/14/19 at 07:15:52

Hello, my name is Sam from Northern KY. I just bought my second savage started out 4 years ago with a 88 sold it for an engagement ring and I just bought an 98 Aztec orange. Couple things does anyone have an idea were to get saddle bag mounts? it came with bags and now they are rubbing and need to put mounts on. Ill add a picture later. Smiley Grin

IP Logged
Mike Barnett
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tampa Bay FL
Reply #2408 - 12/17/19 at 11:12:03

I've been riding for over 40 years, and just bought my wife a 2006 S40 - it's her first bike, and she's a newbie, but she'll be taking the MSF course next weekend.  While she's learning to ride, I'll be here asking all sorts of previously asked questions (unless I can find them with the search function, which seems pretty good, though it times out a lot).  I'm hoping she likes it, so we can ride together... but if she doesn't, me and RYKA are gonna be having some serious discussions!

IP Logged
rcb78
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bay Area, Ca
Reply #2409 - 12/19/19 at 11:37:27

Trying to get my post count up to PM  Wink

My name is Ryan and my wife has a '96 Savage.  I ride either a '13 F800GS or '17 SV650 depending on my mood, I'm also a regular pedal type cyclist.  I do as much of the work on the bikes as I can because why not?
I'm slowly working on getting the Savage back to new-ish mechanical quality.  It looks pretty good too considering it's age.
It rides pretty well for being 99% stock but needs some TLC since she hasn't ridden it much in the last 10 years.  My goal is to make it as trouble free as possible so that she'll ride with me more frequently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Le_mJvAiCgHq0PNVjtowR8rsPpIOjYWc/view?usp=sh...

IP Logged
1986 savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2410 - 12/26/19 at 14:50:25

hello my names hunter and i live outside DC i just bought a junker 86 and im gonna get it running. its my first bike and im also learning to fix it as i go along. right now im rebuilding the engine and i found some piston slap and i need to replace the camshaft and one rocker. i completely stripped the bike to clean everything and look for issues. the stock carburetor was trashed so i need to get a mikuni. im looking to buy a new camshaft, a rocker, a carb, verslavs camchain tentioner, a rear seat, and a new running engine if the one i have cannot be rebuilt. i could use a little help.

IP Logged
nosleep
YaBB Newbies

Cruiser Snoozer

Brooklyn
Reply #2411 - 12/27/19 at 10:52:55

Hey,
my names nick I’m
I’m Brooklyn, NY and just bought my first motorcycle a 1995 savage ls650 with 11,000 Miles. I just got my permit and waiting for the end of February to take the MSF course in the mean time thinking about making some tweaks on the bike while I sit and weight. Like maybe that performance carb  set up lancer sells.

9931E552-9ECB-4BB9-8975-E54FF1EFD58C.jpeg

Drastic.Sarcastic
WWW   IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2412 - 12/27/19 at 15:51:05

Welcome aboard Nick and 1986 Savage.  You came to the right place.  I think you will get all the help you need right here on this forum.  Good luck with your new rides.

Hey Nick, what's it like taking the MSF course in February?  Isn't it freezing cold in Brooklyn?  Do they have some sort of indoor venue?

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
nosleep
YaBB Newbies

Cruiser Snoozer

Brooklyn
Reply #2413 - 12/27/19 at 19:11:09

DragBikeMike wrote on 12/27/19 at 15:51:05:
Welcome aboard Nick and 1986 Savage.  You came to the right place.  I think you will get all the help you need right here on this forum.  Good luck with your new rides.

Hey Nick, what's it like taking the MSF course in February?  Isn't it freezing cold in Brooklyn?  Do they have some sort of indoor venue?

—-
Yea so it is pretty cold around that time but it’s the earliest I can take the course to get on my way to riding. They most likely still do it outside as it’s done at a college here in Brooklyn I’m not complaining though as a couple extra layers and lll be happy to sit there for a couple weekends just to get it out of the way to start summer off right 🏍.

Drastic.Sarcastic
WWW   IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #2414 - 01/08/20 at 21:25:08

Hello everyone!  This is my fist post on here, thank you for approving my application to join the Forum.  A little about myself; I am an older rider, just turned 50 a few months ago, and I've been riding since the late 80's. I've owned only five bikes in that period of time, though; I tend to keep mine for a long time, with a few exceptions. My current bike, which I've owned for almost 13 years, is my trusty '97 Yamaha Seca II. I'm nearing the time to make a change, though. Injuries from serving in the USMC, playing football, lifting too many weights, and other things have added up over the years, and I'm having a harder time bending my knees and back to handle the Seca's riding position anymore.  Also, my wife would really like to see me on a lighter bike as I get older.  Couple that with my longstanding appreciation for single-cylinder bikes, and here we are!  I'm also a bit of a tinkerer, and the S40/Savage is an ideal platform for making my own vision a reality.  I welcome the opportunity to learn from all of you on this amazing forum!

Cheers from sunny Arizona!
Eric aka Edub

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 03:56:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.