Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41165 times)
Thekillerchill
YaBB Newbies

Stockton, California
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2385 - 09/14/19 at 21:37:15

Stockton, California 🥰

"Exterminate all rational thought."
  IP Logged
VladimirSim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reply #2386 - 09/18/19 at 08:02:21

Dear All,
As a new member, approved just now, I have to introduce myself, and also thank you for accepting my request.
I am Vladimir, I live in Sofia, Bulgaria. I'm 34yo.
I work as service engineer.
Started riding bike when I was 12. Once I received licence for a car, I stopped riding.
Untill two months, when I just felt it's about time to get licence for a bike and start using one.
After the docs, the first idea for me was a Suzuki Burgman, I went to several bikes and tryed them. Two weeks ago I liked one, talked to the owner in order to buy it.
Late in the afternoon I saw on the market abandoned Savage 400, six years without start of engine.
I don't know why, but I went to see it.
I had no idea if it is about to start, actually I was not sure if there is piston at all !!!
But somehow, while I was looking the bike, I decided to just sit on it. Big mistake Wink.
I felt somehow strange. I had the feeling I own this bike for a decades. Everything was exactly where I want it to be.
The bike was outside for 6 yrs (slightly covered), and in our country there are no spare parts for it.
I went away
That night (Sunday) I slept 3 hours.
Next night (Monday) I was not able to sleep at all.
Tuesday I called the guy, Wednesday we fixed the papers and I took it at home.
It took me two days to start it - cable connections review, new battery, stuck in tho vacuum thingy on the tank, blocked carburator, blocked rear brakes.
Saturday and Sunday I use it just a little bit, around my city .
Monday I went to the police and fixed all what it need to ride it.
I am using it three days so far.
I enjoy it very much.
Through the week i pent working on it, your forum was very, very helpful.
I will use the coming winter to review all I can, as it is necessary. Apart from the service manual, you are the only source of information.
Thank you!
I wish to all bikers, using Savage many many miles/kms trouble free!

Suzuki Savage 400cc 1994
NK41A
  IP Logged
INTVELD
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2387 - 09/22/19 at 10:05:53

Hi everybody!

My name is INTVELD, a 29 year old Dutch photographer and motorcycle enthousiast. Some years ago I inherited my dads 1987 Suzuki Savage. After sitting in the garage for a few years, I was done and tired of it staring at me lifeless; so I made a plan. Me, myself and I where going to invest time and money, in order to obtain the knowledge and parts to get this puppy back on the road and finish what my dad had started.. And that was transforming the bike from a mid-lifer's old fart to a Bitchin' Bobber..

It took me all winter that year to get it all down. I started browsing this forum and dug in deep. Studying everything there is to study about this bike. Getting to know its weak spots and common errors. Reducing weight, modifying parts. All this autodidactic wrenching whilst getting taught how to ride the bike and getting my license, really helped me finding my own Zen in the Arts of Motorcycle Maintenance.

I really want to thank this blessed forum and all of its contributors for sharing their knowledge and helping me and others out big big time!!..

Thank you very much!

Schermafbeelding_2019-09-22_om_19_06_49.png
  IP Logged
Venturi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2388 - 09/22/19 at 14:34:26

Hello all! got a 1987 three weeks ago and have been trying to get in this forum since then. Thank you for adding me! I stripped the '87 down to the frame and cleaned it up. I picked up an '06 engine and rebuilt everything with that. It's been pretty fun... until I got to the electrical... Anyway, I figured it out, mostly, and got her started. I'm having a cutout switch issue. I think it's the clutch switch (I bypassed it) because it will start and run in neutral but stalls when I put it in first with the clutch pulled in. I'm still working on it and I will post more pictures later. I just wanted to say Hi and thank everyone for this forum. It's been a BIG help!

IMG-3836.JPG
  IP Logged
antmanbee

4 Moto Guzzis and an
S40

NE Florida
Reply #2389 - 09/23/19 at 04:34:31

Venturi,

Check your side stand or side stand switch.

IP Logged
Lucihellraiser
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hudson Valley
Reply #2390 - 09/23/19 at 10:45:13

Hey there-

I'm very much a newbie.  I live in upstate NY, and fell in love with motorcycles the first time I got a ride on back. Though I got my license nearly 4 years ago, my first bike was an 81 gs550. Everything was wrong with it, but that was ok, because I felt like the best way for me to really get to know my bike was to fix it myself. Unfortunately I do not have much mechanical experience though, and relied on the help of friends.  Soooo, years later I got sick of not riding and not getting anywhere fixing up my old bike. This summer I picked up a beautiful 2013 s40. I have been riding her for only a few weeks, but I am completely in love. I still want to learn everything about fixing her up, especially as I have been having a few stalling issues in the last few days.  I am excited to be a part of this community, and am grateful for the knowledge and information that you all share!

luci.jpg

The Devil’s Daughter
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2391 - 09/24/19 at 14:11:32

INTVELD wrote on 09/22/19 at 10:05:53:
Hi everybody!

My name is INTVELD, a 29 year old Dutch photographer and motorcycle enthousiast. Some years ago I inherited my dads 1987 Suzuki Savage. After sitting in the garage for a few years, I was done and tired of it staring at me lifeless; so I made a plan. Me, myself and I where going to invest time and money, in order to obtain the knowledge and parts to get this puppy back on the road and finish what my dad had started.. And that was transforming the bike from a mid-lifer's old fart to a Bitchin' Bobber..

It took me all winter that year to get it all down. I started browsing this forum and dug in deep. Studying everything there is to study about this bike. Getting to know its weak spots and common errors. Reducing weight, modifying parts. All this autodidactic wrenching whilst getting taught how to ride the bike and getting my license, really helped me finding my own Zen in the Arts of Motorcycle Maintenance.

I really want to thank this blessed forum and all of its contributors for sharing their knowledge and helping me and others out big big time!!..

Thank you very much!

Howdy Intveld

Welcome to the forum, it is a pretty good place to hang out and learn useful stuff.
I am a DGR participant as well, my 4th ... 5th ? year. NOT sure.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2392 - 09/24/19 at 14:23:38

Lucihellraiser wrote on 09/23/19 at 10:45:13:
Hey there-

I'm very much a newbie.  I live in upstate NY, and fell in love with motorcycles the first time I got a ride on back. Though I got my license nearly 4 years ago, my first bike was an 81 gs550. Everything was wrong with it, but that was ok, because I felt like the best way for me to really get to know my bike was to fix it myself. Unfortunately I do not have much mechanical experience though, and relied on the help of friends.  Soooo, years later I got sick of not riding and not getting anywhere fixing up my old bike. This summer I picked up a beautiful 2013 s40. I have been riding her for only a few weeks, but I am completely in love. I still want to learn everything about fixing her up, especially as I have been having a few stalling issues in the last few days.  I am excited to be a part of this community, and am grateful for the knowledge and information that you all share!    

Who is that masked lady ?   🤨

Welcome to the forum Luci, I am Michael.
This is a fun bike to ride and relatively easy to work on.

IP Logged
Lucihellraiser
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hudson Valley
Reply #2393 - 09/24/19 at 15:57:40

Thank you! I’m excited to switch out my petcock for the raptor as my first real motorcycle repair.

In another note, how the hell do you upload a profile picture?

The Devil’s Daughter
  IP Logged
irritatedmongo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2394 - 10/08/19 at 01:58:16

Hi All:  I'm Mike.  I live in Mukilteo, WA.  Just earned my WA state motorcycle endorsement a little over a week ago (at the tender young age of 54) thanks to my trusty new 2017 Boulevard S40.  My son got his endorsement a few months ago so I got mine.  I've owned the bike about a month now.  I wasn't planning to buy a bike right now, but it was exactly the right bike for me at the right time and right price.  And I LOVE it!

Other trivia about me.  I'm a quality engineer at Boeing (777). Regional VP for my union. Flight instructor, and former Army medevac helicopter pilot.  Had weight loss surgery and lost ~120 lbs.  And I LOVE riding!

« Last Edit: 10/08/19 at 22:59:43 by irritatedmongo »  

70302091_10212490368528757_8728123300732993536_n.jpg
  IP Logged
irritatedmongo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2395 - 10/08/19 at 02:02:50

...Me Part 2.

70773310_10212511419535019_6064351950592278528_n.jpg
  IP Logged
irritatedmongo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Angela Here! Thanks for having me!
Reply #2396 - 10/08/19 at 02:21:47

Thekillerchill wrote on 09/13/19 at 00:16:58:
Howdy!

Angela here! I am a one month owner/rider of my 2006 Suzuki Boulevard s40 2006.  I wanted to introduce myself and make some motorcycle friends considering I have none in the outside world, it would be very helpful for me to join your family here. I have already ran into some complications and your insight would be terrific for navigating this new world. If you are willing to take me under your arm , or ride behind you ... please say hello👋🏽

Hi Angela!  I'm Mike.  I'm a newbie too.  I've owned my 2017 Boulevard S40 about a month now too.  I'm no expert but happy to be a motorcycle friend!  My intro is in this forum too.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/y172/chillystoastie/1/726cf9e5-a0e3-4d...

IP Logged
Steve1980
YaBB Newbies

georgia
Reply #2397 - 10/09/19 at 14:37:08

Hello, my name is steve. I've been lurking around the site for a while but have never posted. My savage is a 1995 model, it's been sitting in my garage for a few years now while I ride my other bikes, so I decided to go ahead and do a full build on it. Haven't done much so far, I've got a new frame, and a vs800 front end installed. I'm waiting on a few other parts to come in so I can finish mocking things up. Based on lots of other posts, my taste in styling and function are much different than a lot of people here. Lol. That being said, no, there will be no front brake.

20191008_202839.jpg
  IP Logged
Venturi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2398 - 10/22/19 at 13:47:37

Hey All! Wanted to give an update! I got my ‘87 running with an ‘05/‘06 motor. I completely stripped it down to the frame and rebuilt it (my first build). I have her all ready for the road. Going through the paperwork hoops to get her registered as she didn’t come with a title. As long as that goes through, I’m moving to California and I’ll work on tuning it for performance! I just wanted to thank everyone again for your inputs and work in this forum. It has been extremely valuable to me during my journey in getting the bike on the road!

E209F6D3-7324-4D1A-876C-874C2CAFF182.jpeg
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2399 - 10/22/19 at 14:26:16

irritatedmongo wrote on 10/08/19 at 01:58:16:
Other trivia about me.  I'm a quality engineer at Boeing (777). Regional VP for my union. Flight instructor, and former Army medevac helicopter pilot.  Had weight loss surgery and lost ~120 lbs.  And I LOVE riding!

Welcome!  I was 38 when I got mine....it's never too late to start riding. Congrats on the weight loss, the only downside is now it will be harder to pop wheelies  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There are a few to-do's you will eventually want to do on the bike, but only after it is no longer under any warranty. And ride the snot out of it for a year or so before digging into anything so you know your bike before you make any changes.  Not sure that with your background you are technically capable of many of these mods but we can walk you through them (just kidding...you seem to be slightly mechanical minded). Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 22:27:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.