Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41189 times)
IndianaSavageChick
YaBB Newbies

Petersburg,  IN
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2370 - 07/15/19 at 13:35:39

I have been riding a couple of years. I built my Savage with the help of a couple friends, a Clymer, and HOURS on this site. It's not much, but it's mine, and I love it.

FB_IMG_1563222775558.jpg
  IP Logged
CanadianSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2371 - 07/19/19 at 13:22:31

Hi there, I'm Matt from BC Canada. New to the site, Savages and bikes in general. I expect I'll learn lots from the site.

IP Logged
mylovelyhorse
YaBB Newbies

S40, ETZ251, Norge,
Hondamatic

Hampshire, UK
Reply #2372 - 07/27/19 at 08:28:23

Hi

I'm Mike and I live near Portsmouth in Hampshire, UK. I have a S40 Boulevard as part of my little household of motorcycles. It was first registered in June 2005, VIN JS1NP41A152******.

I'm reasonably mechanically competent, although sometimes electrics can make my head hurt / eyes bleed (and I have a Moto Guzzi, so....)  Grin

I haven't played with carbs for years, so the popping and banging of my S40 is slightly annoying but I am unsure how to remedy it (although I've been reading and I'm less unsure than I was!)

I suspect some setup may be required, plus there may be other issues to address like the fuel tap - I'll be replacing that ASAP.

Looking forward to doing lots of reading, learning and getting the bike running just so.

Cheers!

M

mylovelyhorse

2004 S40 Boulevard (grey import to UK)
5,500 miles
Mods: Raptor fuel tap
  IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #2373 - 07/29/19 at 20:49:46

Hi All
Old codger in New Zealand   Bought a 2012 S40 just over a year ago
Have not owned a bike for decades but am glad I took the plunge
Dyna muffler, cone fitted to exhaust port, 150 main jet 52.5 pilot 3/4 spacer.
Raptor petcock,  53052rs bearing to rear pulley, Shinko 230 tyres fitted
140/90/15 to rear  Seat raised 1 inch
After market Ventura handlebars and rear rack fitted by previous owner
Led turn signals and flasher unit
Love the bike, perfect for me.
Thanks to all for the great help on this forum

Photo of Myself and Grandaughter off for a ride in the hills

suzuki_s40.JPG
Hiko   IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2374 - 08/01/19 at 01:44:39

That’s what I was hoping for. I’m looking for a factory manual because all the others are more of a guide. Smiley

IP Logged
ShellyB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pennsylvania
Reply #2375 - 08/19/19 at 23:24:43

Hello everyone,
Its nice to meet you and thank you for accepting my request to join. You probably wont hear much from me but since I will be lurking I feel its fair to intro myself... Ill tell you how I ended up here... (Sorry if its long but it has a good ending)
In '86 when the savage came out I was in high sch. I seen one at our fair "hot off the press" so to speak and knew I had to have one. At age 16, not likely. Fast forward many years.. Im was a driver. 14 yrs in tri-axle dump trucks. Gave it up 5ish yrs ago. I stay home and take care of the house/property and husband. We got married on his Harley. Dressed in leathers at the JP and for many years I have been happy on the back of his bike...
Then it happened.. 2019 approached and Im gonna be 50. Sigh. I decided my present to me would be an M on the back of my license. It was time. I signed up for PMSC and the adventure began in April. I passed my course with no problem. It both rained and snowed on test day. yup.
Hubby got me a GZ250 and I rode about 300 miles on it. I knew I was outgrowing it quickly but didnt plan on moving up til next summer..
Then a series of events happened at our house that landed us with a monster enduro bike. Not our style at all. Its gotta go, ASAP. Next thing I know Im off to the Harley shop with my hubby to look for my next bike. They wanted that enduro.
I sat on bike after bike in those show rooms (Its a huge place with so many bikes, all kinds...) Nope, Nope, Nope.. Nothing I liked at all. and Hubby, he knows me well asks sales lady "Do you have a trade in or scratch dent barn?" Off we go out back where she eventually finds a key to the "barn". Dust rolled when she opened the door. (Not really but no one had been in there in awhile) Im sitting on yet another bike I dont really like when Hubby points back in a dark corner and says "Hey go look at that bike over there" so I weave my way back and there it is.... I sat on it  and angels sang I kid you not. "AAAAAAHHHH" Post it on speedometer says needs battery. They pulled it out, got it started.... well Its mine now. I am so freakin happy!! 2007 Savage s40.
Im a newbie. I know that and honestly I dont really know what I have yet.(I just got it Sat) But I want to learn because this bike has been a long time coming and theres going to be many happy miles Im sure. So hello. Sorry that was long.  But thats how I got here. Heres a pic of my bike...

forum_pic.jpg
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2376 - 08/20/19 at 01:32:08

Welcome aboard ShellyB.  You are gonna have a good time on your Savage and also in this forum.  Good luck.

Mike

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2377 - 08/20/19 at 02:37:16

Yep 😎

IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2378 - 08/20/19 at 09:21:01

Glad to see you picked the right bike Shelly. I just finished taking the Motorcycle safety course with my daughter. She did very well and tied me in the riding portion of the test. I gave her a 90cc Honda Cub for Christmas two years ago and told her she had to take the course with me. Since then I had her ride a 125 dirt bike so she could learn some skills. Afterwards I bought my third Savage and told her she could ride that once she gets her license. We had a great time taking that course together and look forward to riding next week. Have fun on your bike, experience is your best hope of a good time. I should know l’ve been riding for fifty six years. Here’s a pick of my daughter when she was learning how to ride in first gear. Cool

B9D9D6B6-D945-4439-867A-A51E86772772.jpeg
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2379 - 08/20/19 at 10:52:07

I see your girl likes BOOTS !   😎🏍

IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #2380 - 08/20/19 at 11:41:55

She’s getting a pair with shorter heels and she has full leathers. Smiley

IP Logged
Benjamin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2381 - 08/21/19 at 18:48:08

Hello every1!! i just got 2 bikes ,i traded for a quad 86 and 01 anyway im turning the 01 into my version of a chopper !! i want to rake the forks wen i git 💰 and loose exhaust and front fender. But make a bagger rear. Forword the controlls any help would be great on how to make a bagger, & best small rake!

« Last Edit: 09/06/19 at 04:21:33 by Benjamin »  
  IP Logged
palomino
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Davis, TX
Reply #2382 - 08/26/19 at 13:16:57

Hi ShellyB, my wife did the same thing. After looking at lots of bikes at the Harley dealership we found a Savage (we didn't know what it was) in the trades section in the back of the building and as soon as she sat on it she said "This is it! Fits like a glove"
She was able to start riding with a bike she was comfortable with right off the bat. Good luck and have fun!

IP Logged
Thekillerchill
YaBB Newbies

Stockton, California
Angela Here! Thanks for having me!
Reply #2383 - 09/13/19 at 00:16:58

Howdy!

Angela here! I am a one month owner/rider of my 2006 Suzuki Boulevard s40 2006.  I wanted to introduce myself and make some motorcycle friends considering I have none in the outside world, it would be very helpful for me to join your family here. I have already ran into some complications and your insight would be terrific for navigating this new world. If you are willing to take me under your arm , or ride behind you ... please say hello👋🏽

"Exterminate all rational thought."
  IP Logged
antmanbee

4 Moto Guzzis and an
S40

NE Florida
Reply #2384 - 09/14/19 at 15:15:16

Welcome Angela,
There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum that can help you sort out your Savage complications.
Let us know the general area you live in and I am sure you will have friends to ride with.
Congratulations on your new Savage!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 03:31:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.