Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41186 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2340 - 11/29/18 at 12:14:37

$1000 for even a rebuilt savage ain't bad as any accident will scrap a used savage.  Insurance companies expect to be raked over for labor to put it right even though most repairs can be quick and easy.

Be aware that 5 miles won't recharge your battery.  which normally takes about a half hour of riding.  so you'll need a tender.

WWW   IP Logged
Moon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2341 - 11/29/18 at 21:29:30

Sweet, I'll add the tender (trickle charger?) to this spreadsheet I'm building.

Nice to meet y'all.

IP Logged
burrpenick
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2342 - 01/11/19 at 09:20:45

64 yr old male, lots of bikes but not riding much now, hoping to get a 650 and move the pegs back and raise the seat.    www.nettally.com/penick

IP Logged
PanchoTaffy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2343 - 01/26/19 at 07:35:44

Hello everyone, been a  British Savage owner for almost a week now. Already got so much from this place even before my account was activated, so just want to say thanks, great forum.

IMG_0615_001.JPG
  IP Logged
Surfwise
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saint Petersburg, FL
Reply #2344 - 02/05/19 at 19:22:10

I bought a 09 a couple of years ago after I graduated from high school as my first bike and am currently bobbing it out. I have been working on it for a couple of months after not touching it for a year. Hope to get it to look like the picture shown (not mine). I have the drag bars but am switching to some friscos but I need longer brake/clutch cables and wiring, which I am nervous about and is the only thing standing in my way. Learning every day! Thanks to all who make this forum happen!

Capture_009.PNG
  IP Logged
Haggis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dundee, Scotland
Reply #2345 - 02/17/19 at 01:24:02

Hi Folks, it's been a while Smiley
I just thought I would re-introduce myself.  I'm Dee (Doreen) from Dundee, Scotland  and used to be on here a bit when I had my last Savage (before going to the dark side, tempted by a Sportster) anyway to cut a long story short, not long after getting the Sportster I had a brain haemorrhage so was neither driving or riding for a while.  I got back on my Sportster after about a year (well the following spring as my brain haemorrhage happened in September 2014 ) I've not ridden much in that time as the bike (with a few mods) was just too heavy for me.  I'm not ready to give up biking yet so had been looking for another Savage and eventually found one, a 1987 which was imported from Arizona I think.  It went through a Custom House  here before it's previous owner bought it but never used it I got it in December and after a couple teething problems have got it up and running now (it needed the usual, battery, bulbs, and a bit of tinkering).  It feels light, so much lighter than the Sportster and hopefully I'll get a lot more use out of it.  My 'new' Savage is lovely the colours are white over dark grey with an orange pin stripe, it has a brown seat and brown grips (and now an orange screen and black and orange tool roll.  It sounds odd I know, and I did wonder why the custom house had chosen the colours until I found a couple of tank stickers in amongst the paperwork which have all these colours and more and have a Suzuki/Navajo theme.  I'm not sure if these came from the Custom House or with the bike when it was imported but would love to hear from anyone who can shed some light.  here's a picture of it on a cold winter day in Scotland
« Last Edit: 02/17/19 at 14:33:09 by Haggis »  

diggoum.jpg

IP Logged
1997savagedude
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2346 - 02/17/19 at 17:36:04

ok. im not real huge on introductions but here goes. Im in grand county colorado, and i have a really nice 1997 savage that is garaged till spring. Im in the mountains, no riding till at least april/may. i bought my bike from the original owner with only 11,800 miles. i am building it. taking her in on friday to a custom bike shoip in Denver. I have a 94mm piston and cam chain ordered from Lancer. trying to get high performance cam.  I also ordered verslagens tensioner and head plug, along with a ton of other parts im going to mod her with. i will post before and after pics soon. i think this site is awesome. the first thing i read almost was a post about cheap tires. i have a brand new set of Kenda challengers coming, delivered for 43$. unreal. so. hello everyone.  Smiley 1997savagedude

IP Logged
Justjoshin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2347 - 02/24/19 at 06:41:54

Hello everyone, my name is josh and I am from south Louisiana. I am 44 and haven’t had a bike in quite a few years but just picked up a 09 S40 for a bobber build. This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now and I really need a hobby  Smiley I hope to be able to get to know some of you guys and hopefully share some ideas during this project. Wish me luck!

IP Logged
kiwi5000
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tennessee
Reply #2348 - 03/09/19 at 16:54:32

Hello from east Tennessee. Just bought a Savage today. Going to charge the battery tomorrow and see how she does. New rider too.

2002 Savage
  IP Logged
bart
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2349 - 03/14/19 at 15:22:34

Hi, I am in the UK and have just got my LS400, I have a GN250 as well and some other bikes, looking forward to learning about the models, I hope to be on the road with it soon, it doesn`t need anything doing but insurance renewal isn`t until the 26th.

IP Logged
sparky80
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2350 - 03/15/19 at 06:29:06

New guy here as well.  From Northern California but Air Force life has me in texas the last 9 years.  
picked up an '05 Savage that'd been sitting for a good many years.  A good project to work on.  After 5 days or so, she fired right up and no issues.  
Still gotta change tires out but apart from that, she's a solid bike.

IMG_5455_1.jpg
  IP Logged
cytocatlady
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N Charleston, SC
Reply #2351 - 03/28/19 at 11:34:41

Hello! My name is Marsha and I am a brand new rider. I just took the MSF course 2 weekends ago, but did not pass their evaluation.  Embarrassed  The cone weave and tight turns from a stop were what killed me. Slow maneuvers and clutch control, man. Gah. I just did not have it consistently smooth. Going round and round in that peanut course and leaning over? So easy. Obstacle swerve? Got it. But that slow stuff? Nope. At the very least, I wasn't counseled out of class for being a danger to myself and others. Hah!  Grin

The Tuesday following class, hubs and I went out and got ourselves a 2007 S40 that I have dubbed George. Husband drove him home, of course, being that I didn't even have a permit and was NOT ready to be doing any real life driving. We've taken it to parking lots to practice. I've since gotten a little better, but I still have a lot of work ahead of me. We rode around our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods and it felt great! I even managed to get up to a whoppin' 30 mph yesterday!

I'm looking forward to learning the mechanics of George and his one carburetor. I'm completely new to anything mechanical, so his maintenance is going to be a learning curve for me. He's been working like a champ and I want to keep him that way. My husband and I have some studying up to do! I'm very glad to be here.  Smiley

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2352 - 04/02/19 at 09:12:35

cytocatlady wrote on 03/28/19 at 11:34:41:
Hello! My name is Marsha and I am a brand new rider. I just took the MSF course 2 weekends ago, but did not pass their evaluation.  Embarrassed  The cone weave and tight turns from a stop were what killed me. Slow maneuvers and clutch control, man. Gah. I just did not have it consistently smooth. Going round and round in that peanut course and leaning over? So easy. Obstacle swerve? Got it. But that slow stuff? Nope. At the very least, I wasn't counseled out of class for being a danger to myself and others. Hah!  Grin

The Tuesday following class, hubs and I went out and got ourselves a 2007 S40 that I have dubbed George. Husband drove him home, of course, being that I didn't even have a permit and was NOT ready to be doing any real life driving. We've taken it to parking lots to practice. I've since gotten a little better, but I still have a lot of work ahead of me. We rode around our neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods and it felt great! I even managed to get up to a whoppin' 30 mph yesterday!

I'm looking forward to learning the mechanics of George and his one carburetor. I'm completely new to anything mechanical, so his maintenance is going to be a learning curve for me. He's been working like a champ and I want to keep him that way. My husband and I have some studying up to do! I'm very glad to be here.  Smiley

N  Charleston eh ?
I lived in SC for 25 years before moving to OK, Little Mountain & Lexington in the Columbia area.  2 of my kids and 8 of my grands are still there.  My wife and I love the state and plan to get back and may settle in Georgetown when we do.  
Welcome to the Savage site.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2353 - 04/02/19 at 12:18:34

cytocatlady wrote on 03/28/19 at 11:34:41:
But that slow stuff? Nope. At the very least, I wasn't counseled out of class for being a danger to myself and others. Hah!  Grin

Welcome!

Good for you for taking the course. I did too. Seems the slow stuff is what gets most people, but the positive thing to take from that is knowing what your limitations are and making them better, which you are. Yes, few people probably die from a 5mph accident, but what this is teaching you is muscle memory of managing the clutch, throttle, front brake, back brake, and of course steering and balance all at once so you don't pop the clutch at a stoplight and jump a curb into oncoming traffic or dump the bike off a steep ravine on a slow mountain pass.

Keep doing what you're doing...it took me several months to get the nerve to go over 45mph after I started riding at age 38 on my Savage.  Now I am giving Evel Kneivel a run for his money (JK).  

If you need help on the bike there are members here happy to help if we're close by there or you are in the neighborhood when we're on one of our spring TN/NC/N-GA rides.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
2damtall
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central MA
Reply #2354 - 04/02/19 at 20:58:50

Re-introducing myself.
Technically still a member, because I signed on 8 years ago when my daughter bought a 2000 Savage as a first bike when she took the class and got her license. Now my wife is planning on going for the course, so we're gonna hook her up with a 2012 S40. I found 2 locally, both with ridiculously low mileage and both lived in garages. Basically it will come down to whether she prefers the white/silver (is it me, or does that silver look more like it has kind of a Teal hue to it?) or the black/gold. My guess is she'll lean toward the white silver, which has 416 miles on it. Either way, the money is short on both. I've already got a Raptor petcock on my saved list on Amazon and a Slipstreamer windshield in the same place.

Happy motoring!

Current ride: 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700, Vance & Hines slipons, Chuckster's big air kit, PC5, Mustang wide touring w/rider backrest, Corbin Passenger backrest.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 05:13:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.