Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41186 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2325 - 09/01/18 at 08:01:07

Well Howdie there old man Eddie !
Welcome to the Savage world.
Just how old are you ?
There are more than a few seniors in this neighborhood.
I’ve had a few Savages & S40’s.

You’ve got a good start with the engine out and ready to be revived.
Just holler if you need anything !

Michael

IP Logged
Old Savage Eddie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

La Coruna, Spain
Reply #2326 - 09/02/18 at 07:19:03

Thanks for the welcome!

LOL -  I'm 47, not really that old.  The idea for the name OLD Savage Eddie is because my girls say the bike daddy just brought is Old.

Lancer, I'll be in contact shortly once I get my plans for engine upgrades sorted.  I have a few decisions to make, but looks as I will be leaning toward Wiseco high comp. piston and a stage 3 cam.

More horsepower, less exhaust.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2327 - 09/02/18 at 09:28:39

Old Savage Eddie wrote on 09/02/18 at 07:19:03:
Thanks for the welcome!

LOL -  I'm 47, not really that old.  The idea for the name OLD Savage Eddie is because my girls say the bike daddy just brought is Old.

Lancer, I'll be in contact shortly once I get my plans for engine upgrades sorted.  I have a few decisions to make, but looks as I will be leaning toward Wiseco high comp. piston and a stage 3 cam.

Just 47 ?  Well, you will be old one day, but until then you are close enough. 😁
When you know what you want to do just say “hey” !

IP Logged
SavageJD
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2328 - 09/04/18 at 12:41:40

Hello,

I just purchased my first 1997 Savage LS650. Bought from original owner, elderly woman, with 11k miles on it. There isn’t the dreaded cam chain noise (yet).

Some background on me:

I am a Machinist and Mechanic for a very large company most people have heard of.

I am very familiar with mechanics, machining and motorcycles. Years and years of experience. I plan to keep this bike and once I get a new Harley giving it to my wife as she learns to ride.

It’s going to take me a little bit of time to get used to this forums’ format, so bare with me not having pictures uploaded for a while. I mainly use an iPhone on the web, as I am hardly ever home.

SavageJD  Cool

IP Logged
Spamcan
YaBB Newbies

Burdened with a
restless mind !

Reply #2329 - 09/11/18 at 15:25:01

yeah, that's what I am.... a septuagenarian. No wonder my knees are starting to go. Been riding since about 1960, and kept at it ever since. Never trusted dealers' mechanics so I do as much wrenching as I can. I've owned and wrenched on Puch, Vespa, Lilac, Gausden, Yamaguchi, Kawasakis, Yamahas, Suzukis, Honda 750, and a BMW R75-5. Loved 'em all! So, a month ago, I put up my faithful, bought new 1998 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder (abt 45K miles) for sale on KSL Classifieds and started lookin' for a large, single cylinder motorcycle as I'd owned a Yamaha SR-500 back in the late seventies and was very impressed (drove it from Salt Lake City to Shepard AFB, Texas and back for a penny a mile and even got a speeding ticket south of Crescent Jct!).

What's out there now in singles?  NOT MUCH! And, being a person of small stature, I discovered none but the Savage fit! But I liked it anyway.. Suzuki makes a "sanitary" lookin', tight engine. So I recently bought a 2006 LS650 (S40) with 16800 miles on it because, other than my VL 1500 Intruder, it is now the only single cyl. I can throw my leg over and touch the ground with my heels!

I enlisted at New Haven, Ct. in USAF in '64 'cause the Navy recruiter was closed for lunch! Began as an Aircraft Instrument Systems Repairman. Worked on a lot of aircraft and loved almost every minute of it. Last worked on the flight controls and instruments systems of the fly-by-wire F-16. Been to Okinawa, Thailand, Japan, Arizona, Texas, and Great Britain (owned motorcycles in those countries)with side trips to Philipines, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, and Spain.

I "retired" out of Hill AFB in Utah back in early '84. So I maintain I'm a "displaced Connecticut Yankee". I don't regret it, either. As a "silly-vilian", I've vacationed in Australia and New Zealand (WOW!!! both the peoples and the countries!!).

Hobbies: Motorcycling, Sailing, Photography, Soaring, Electronics (Radio Amateur KA7MWQ.)

Oh, and I like Spam, too!

USAF Ret E7. Instrumentation and Flight Controls. QC Activity Team Chief. Field Training Instructor, Type IIA PMEL. C-47, C-54, C-121, C-130, T-33, T-37, T-38, F-5, A-37, F-101, F-105, F-16. Loved it!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2330 - 09/11/18 at 20:03:37

You have to be a good guy , you like SPAM. I slice it 3/8" and then smoke it  with mesquite and hickory and make a toast sandwich with it , YUM !
Welcome to SS , lots of info and good people here.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Martin K
YaBB Newbies

I'll have it running
tomorrow...

Midland, TX
Reply #2331 - 09/14/18 at 18:54:51

Hey all,

I just got a 95 Savage from my bike mechanic for a project.  it's in (extremely) rough shape, and he just didn't feel like dealing with it.  Previous owner decided to do some work himself, and the guy clearly wasn't mechanically inclined.  I'm out in West Texas, so it's not like there's much else to do out here.  It's got 21K on the odometer, but the speedo was disconnected so I don't know what actual mileage is.  I'll be pulling the clutch cover to check for the infamous tensioner issues in the next few weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'll be needing one of those fancy Verslavys pretty soon.  

Martin

Martin K

-95' Savage 650 - Currently under construction
  IP Logged
Beerm8
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #2332 - 10/03/18 at 11:29:40

Hey, my name is Lee, 69 years old in North Carolina with a brand new wreaked 2002 savage I picked up for $500.  Bought my first bike in 1965 and have had one or two ever since.  My current ride is an 86 Virago with 66k that refuses to die so I keep rideing it.  My middle son had a 96 savage a few years ago that I remember fondly, so I hope to get this one up and running with a bit of help from this forum.

IP Logged
b-p-stewart
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2333 - 10/09/18 at 07:39:32

Ben Stewart, I have a 07 S40, that I have bobbed out and tried to make look like a rat bike. It rides good, but is still a work in progress.

bike_009.jpg
  IP Logged
WunGun

No cage

Modesto, Ca
Reply #2334 - 11/01/18 at 11:47:07

I've been ghosting this site for over a year now even after registering but finally breaking out from my technobubble. I am 29 and have been riding for around 12 years and this was my first cruiser as I started on crotch rockets. I bought this bike after my previous two sport bikes were stolen 2 days before Christmas at night. I wanted to learn how to work on a motorcycle and in doing so immediately fell in love with it's simplicity. This is my 01 savage that is my amateur attempt at customizing though I am starting to like where its headed. Started fully stock this bike has opened a new life-enveloping joy that is motorcycle tinkering. I do everything under a shady tree on the side of the street and my neighbors always ask "Broke again?" to which I reply "Nope she runs fine I'm just not finished yet."

WunGun01.jpg

Life should not take you smoothly to your grave in a well preserved body, life should make you come screeching in sideways saying "Holy Sh*t! What a ride."
  IP Logged
NaturalBornCynic
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2335 - 11/07/18 at 00:52:02

Thanks for the add! I recently picked up a project LS650P, and have become a first time Savage owner. Been wanting a Savage for quite some time. Pretty excited to finally have one! I have some experience wrenching on the Yamaha Virago (XV500, XV100, and XV1100), so I'm not a complete newb. The Savage currently does not run, but I feel that I have the skills to get her back on the road. Once she's running properly, I plan to do a custom build - but nothing too involved as this will be my first custom job. I'm already finding a wealth of knowledge in the forums, and will be coming back here often I'm sure. I plan to document my build once I get started and keep you all up to date on my progress.

45498108_10161278956835314_1840947322368819200_o.jpg
  IP Logged
turnersid74
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Malta
Reply #2336 - 11/07/18 at 06:44:34

Greetings from Tiny Malta, single parent raising my monkey since birth alone and  thats my everything in one picture. Love this site , ride safe and Respect .  Wink

44433714_260901927901903_8447143069895098368_n.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2337 - 11/15/18 at 05:35:26

That bike looks like it fits you perfectly....even with 2 on board!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tattooed hooligan
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki savage
scramblers in the
works!

alabama
Reply #2338 - 11/15/18 at 06:42:39

Hello,I'm chris aka tattooed hooligan and I'm a motorcycle addict. I just bought 2 more ls650s to turn into scramblers for me and my wife. I am a welder/fabricator and leathersmith. I just got started stripping the bikes down to start the build. All I have so far is biltwell moto bars, biltwell grips and cross bar pad,mini blinkers,led bar headlight,raptor petcock, and a 18 inch rear rim I'll be relacing to the factory hub. I'm debating on 12.5" rear shocks. I'll hopefully start frame mods next week. I cant wait to get these bikes off road!

IP Logged
Moon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2339 - 11/29/18 at 11:00:29

Good Morning Everyone,

To be upfront and honest, I am likely a huge idiot.
I just bought a '09 Suzuki S40, roughly 18k miles, for $1000 out here in Vegas. It was my first time buying a motorcycle, and the only other time I have been on one was in my MSF course. After signing the title I realized it was a "rebuilt" title, and I cant believe I missed that in the negotiations. Also, what I thought was a forward conversion kit was actually just highway pegs on that little engine guard, and the previous owner took off the stock footpegs.

I'm too tall for this bike as of now, 6'4, 155 pounds. Im pretty much all limbs, and hopefully yall can give me some guidance on Forward controls / Seat options that will save me. When I bought the bike, I felt cramped, but not more cramped than the Suzuki TU 250 I learned on at the MSF course.

I also need to learn how to install risers for the handle bars and I'm sure 1000 other things.

The bike is kinda beat up, but seeing these forums gives me hope that I can get her in good running shape, even though I have little to no mechanical experience. I live & commute in Downtown Las Vegas. Everything is flat, long straight roads, and no rain. I figure this is a good place to learn to ride if I can watch out for coked out drivers.

The S40 is a cool bike, and I've seen what yall can do with a little bit of gumption. The bobber builds I've seen on this site are INSANE. Hopefully I can find a sensei here.

I'm a young-ish (28 yr) dude, and I'm hoping this bike can be my daily commuter to work (4 miles away, currently getting there via Bicycle, no highways required), with the occasional ride out of town to Mt. Charleston or Red Rock.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 14:56:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.