Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41186 times)
Vince-Be
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Belgium
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2250 - 10/02/17 at 23:23:00

Hello everyone, well here I am.
Me it is Vincent, I live in Belgium and I have just transformed a savage of 1998 into "Café Racer".
I found a lot of things here on this forum that allowed me to move forward and understand some things about this bike.
I want to apologize for my approximate language because I speak French and it is not easy for me. Fortunately there are translators online.
I greet you from the top of my little country.

PS : I'm on Facebook group "Suzuki LS650 Savage / Boulevard S40 - International" with my name "Vincent Collette"

Here is my toy...

With my son...

Wink

« Last Edit: 10/03/17 at 03:15:20 by Vince-Be »  
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #2251 - 10/03/17 at 08:08:17

Nice work!

IP Logged
sandmanred

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2252 - 10/03/17 at 12:11:23

Nice bike!

IP Logged
Julia
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2253 - 10/16/17 at 13:14:27

Hi my names Julia and I live in St. Pete Florida. I recently purchased a 2011 s40 with 235 miles on it as my first real motorcycle. (Had an old tomos targa lx before). So far I'm loving the bike and have already tripled the miles on it. Just trying to decide if I want to change anything on it. At 6'4 the bike seems a bit small for me though much better than the moped lol. Here's a picture of it after I spent an hour cleaning the chrome on it (who new saddlebags can't touch the exhaust, actually they slid down since that one was heavier then the other side.) I've been lurking on here since I got thebike and figured out was time to say hi.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
  IP Logged
antmanbee

4 Moto Guzzis and an
S40

NE Florida
Reply #2254 - 10/16/17 at 14:02:14

Vince-Be,

Your bike is beautiful, one of the nicest I have seen.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
I would love to see a detailed build log.
Very inspiring.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2255 - 10/16/17 at 18:26:23

Hello Sad Savage. I just read your post. I am no mechanic but it sounds like all the issues you mentioned with the bike should be simple to fix. It is very difficult to diagnose things from a distance but now that you have the bike I hope you are able to get it to run properly. When you get a chance please update us.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
12BS
YaBB Newbies

San Jose, CA
Reply #2256 - 10/17/17 at 12:11:19

Picked up a 2011 with 525 miles on it a few months ago.
I have always wanted to get another bike (had dirt bikes growing up) and my wife wanted to learn to ride. After going through the training course and getting our licensees I started the hunt for a bike. I was not really drawn to to S40, but it was one of the only bikes my wife felt comfortable on.

I have since put 100 miles on it and appreciate the simplicity of the bike.
I love to see all the different builds. It gets me thinking of changes I would like to make, though convincing the wife might not be as simple.

2011 - stock, with Raptor petcock
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2257 - 10/17/17 at 13:32:02

12BS,if your wife is happy and comfortable with the bike, why not leave it alone? Alternatively get another one to play around with.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2258 - 10/17/17 at 13:55:03

12BS wrote on 10/17/17 at 12:11:19:
... I love to see all the different builds. It gets me thinking of changes I would like to make, ...

It's a disease, and you're catching it!!! I wish you luck.  Grin Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
12BS
YaBB Newbies

San Jose, CA
Reply #2259 - 10/17/17 at 20:48:00

"if your wife is happy and comfortable with the bike, why not leave it alone? Alternatively get another one to play around with"

I am mainly thinking on cosmetic changes turn signals, break light...nothing big. I do have my eye on CL for deals for a project.

2011 - stock, with Raptor petcock
  IP Logged
Franklin2135
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2260 - 10/31/17 at 08:41:46

I'm Mike (kind of obviously) and I have been riding for 18 months. I got my 2009 S40 with 1750 miles on it in July. Until then I had been riding a much-loved 1975 Honda CB360T (only 9500 miles on it!) which I still fire up from time to time. I turned 60 this year so I know I'm late getting into riding, but I do enjoy it more than anything else I've done recently. I live in northern Ohio so our season is about done, but I plan on spending the winter thinking up some improvements for the S40, progressive shocks being no. 1 on the list.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2261 - 10/31/17 at 10:22:16

Julia wrote on 10/16/17 at 13:14:27:
Hi my names Julia and I live in St. Pete Florida. I recently purchased a 2011 s40 with 235 miles on it as my first real motorcycle. (Had an old tomos targa lx before). So far I'm loving the bike and have already tripled the miles on it. Just trying to decide if I want to change anything on it. At 6'4 the bike seems a bit small for me though much better than the moped lol. Here's a picture of it after I spent an hour cleaning the chrome on it (who new saddlebags can't touch the exhaust, actually they slid down since that one was heavier then the other side.) I've been lurking on here since I got thebike and figured out was time to say hi.

Hi Julia,

You certainly have your bike all shined up !
That is a lot of work that I know well, I have 3 bikes, 2 LS650's and a Sportster.  The Sporty and the S40 are stock looking with chrome to polish but the Savage is all changed so virtually no chrome left on it.
I really like the color scheme on the model you have, it is really a pretty color combo.  My S40 is a little like that with cream and pearl-red color combo.
This is a good forum with lots of friendly folks so just jump in, the water is fine !
What the purple stuff in the bottle behind your bike ?

IP Logged
renzo ramone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston
Reply #2262 - 12/02/17 at 15:28:31

I was never a big fan of cafe racers but you guys make it look nice...
the name's Lorenzo, I'm new to this site.
My 2009 S40 is completely stock.. but nevertheless the S40 could handle Texas Highways everyday of the week for my commute to school...

Looking Foward to meeting other Suzuki riders here... outside of HarleyLand (Texas).

S40lights.jpg
  IP Logged
track racer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Friendship WI
Reply #2263 - 12/24/17 at 05:32:56

Greetings to all again. Track racer project put on hold for a couple years, but it's time. LS650 engine in a speedway themed homage bike. After reading about Savagebob's SC , I think thats the way we will go.

idea2.jpg
  IP Logged
joelite44
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2264 - 12/29/17 at 11:46:49

Just bought a 1996 Savage (former cop bike)

It fitted my budget so i went for it. Road it twice and landed at the mechanics. I am now learning the hard way. Thanks for your patience and support.

I will be around with all kinds of doubts regarding mechanics and electric problems.   Undecided (nvm, its fine, bulletproof bike) Perfect for my destroyer personallity problem
« Last Edit: 01/02/18 at 13:40:11 by joelite44 »  

2017-12-20-PHOTO-00000003.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 18:57:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.