Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41165 times)
marekbuk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Yorkshire, UK
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #2235 - 08/25/17 at 10:07:01

My pleasure - let me know how you get on

Best

Mark

IP Logged
taff
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

cardiff,south wales
Reply #2236 - 08/26/17 at 03:29:09

hi mark,just letting you know that the parts arrived safely this morning,thank you very much.hopefully all should be good,will fit them to the bike in a little while.thanks for getting them posted off so promptly,much obliged,leighton.

IP Logged
taff
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

cardiff,south wales
Reply #2237 - 08/26/17 at 09:38:31

the savage lives again !!!!!! its ticking over like an asthmatic swiss watch.
another survivor hits the streets to fight another day !!!!!  thanks for your help mark,

IP Logged
marekbuk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

West Yorkshire, UK
Reply #2238 - 08/26/17 at 13:12:03

Brilliant news! There are Too few Savage's thudding around the Uk

Cheers for the update

Ride safe

Mark

IP Logged
sgreiss
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2239 - 09/01/17 at 07:21:04

Hey there Savage fans!  I'm new to the forum and love all the great information on here.  Just bought a 2006 S40 with only 3600 miles on it and in near new condition.  Already looking to start some modifications to have some fun and make it ride even better.  Please let me know what your top 3-5 recommendations are for mods.  Thanks

IP Logged
sgreiss
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2240 - 09/01/17 at 07:22:29

I forgot to mention that I live in the Nashville area if there are any other Savage owners and want to meet up!

IP Logged
savtony
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2241 - 09/02/17 at 10:52:12

Just picked up a 86 savage as a second bike. Hi, I'm tony and I live in central Cali. Great web site here..

IP Logged
SpamyToo

Reply #2242 - 09/05/17 at 17:37:41

Howdy all.  This is SpamyToo, originally Spamy.  I couldnt stand that the photo hosting site I had used before never works so I wanted to update my build pics, but I hadnt logged in in such a long time I forgot my password and my email has changed.  Actually my life went through some major changes.

So this is me now.  Ill be posting a link to the pictures where they now reside for my linked build page in the rubber side down forum.

Have a good day guys!

WWW   IP Logged
mitchracing
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Paradise CA
introduction
Reply #2243 - 09/05/17 at 22:49:14

john Mitchell
In process of bobbing a 2002 Savage
Looking to get tips as well as purchase the moddedcam chain Adjuster
52 years old
Been riding Dirt bikes since the 70's
Just getting into street bikes

IMG_2418.JPG
  IP Logged
PJames
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lyon, France
Reply #2244 - 09/05/17 at 22:50:33

Hello everybody!
My name is Pierre (or PJ) 35 years old, and am the proud owner of a red '98 Big Single, full stock, just 20.000km, bought for 900€.
It has a couple of leaks I'm going to attend to, and wouldn't mind customizing it a little (stay simple as one says).
I live in France and own another Suzuki, a 2004 650cc Bandit (the last of the carb Bandits). I use this one mainly to go to work, and the Savage to work on, and to get to know motorcycle mecanics (one piston, one carb, one sparkplug etc. the basics Smiley ).

I bought the Savage december 2016 and haven't really had time to look at it properly, but am now decided  Grin

I love this forum, there is a mass of information (and details!!), and all that just for a jap custom! fabulous!!
Great work guys.

I'll have a couple of questions for you cylinder heads Wink

Have a nice day!
PJ

savage_025.jpg

half British, half French, half Dad, half biker Smiley
'98 Savage & '04 Bandit
knows how to use a screwdriver, but not much more
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2245 - 09/05/17 at 23:19:58

Welcome PJames, I joined a few months ago, just before I bought a 2015 S40. Similar to you, I have been learning mechanics from this site and this bike. I would love to do a Bobber conversion, but don't have the money or the space! I have been modding my bike to trim it down a bit ... keeping it simple  Wink

This is a wonderful community of really helpful and generous people. I have learned so much here.

It's worth doing some browsing through the tech section and the Rubber Side Down section. There is some basic information that will give you a good start:

Cam Chain adjuster
Oil plug
Dyna
Raptor
Backfiring
Carb Tuning

Good luck and welcome  Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Sad Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas
Re: Introduce Yourself - Sad Savage
Reply #2246 - 09/12/17 at 20:47:15

Sad  Hello Everyone.  This is the story of Sad Savage, a 1996 LS650P.  My daughter bought her back around 2005 thinking she'd like something with a bigger engine than her '86 Rebel 450.  She rode it a few times trying to get used to the different feel of it.  She decided the Rebel "fit" her better, finalized after she severely burnt her leg on the Savage (boots kept her from realizing her leg was against the pipe while fueling, until the leather was so hot she couldn't get her boot off fast enough!).  She got taken out, maybe once or twice a year after that, but mostly sat in the barn.

Sad  In 2011, thinking my daughter wanted to sell her, I pulled her out, put in a new battery, made sure she ran reliably, and my daughter took her to Louisiana for her boyfriend to ride.  At 6'1" he felt cramped on her and bought an '84 Shadow 700, moving to an H-D Dyna in 2013.  Savage sadly sat in the garage a few more years.

Cool  January 2016 We prepped her for sale, again.  New battery, new petcock (frozen in place), spit shined and polished.  We rode her up and down our road, but not too far as she wasn't tagged or insured.  She was loaded on a trailer and driven to a few events, where she got nibbles, but no cash.  Our friend and neighbour, Angel, had seen her as she was leaving for Colorado and was thrilled to find the Savage still available when she got back!  Small and light with enough power to get where she's going, perfect for a new rider!  My daughter trailered her to a shop to get new shoes while Angel waited to take her MSF-BRC.  She had somebody new to love her!

Undecided  June 2016  Newly licensed, Angel finally got on her, full  of excitement and ready to ride ... and couldn't get her to go into gear unless the engine was off.  I had moved to Central Texas in May and suggested adjusting the clutch, but wasn't there to help her.

Angry  August 2016  Now she wouldn't start either (dead battery?) and Angel accepted "help" from a backyard mechanic she really didn't know, who picked up the Savage.  He told her there was rust in the tank, it needed to be cleaned and sealed, and that he would clean the carb.  When I found out, I told her not to mess with the tank, just to rinse any loose rust out with gasoline, but it was too late!  The tank was ruined!  The sealant was oozing out of holes and when Angel put gas in, it literally poured out!  

Kiss  Autumn 2016  A biker acquaintance felt bad when he heard about the situation, cleaned the carb (which hadn't been touched by the guy who trashed the tank), adjusted the clutch (which hadn't been done either), hooked up a temporary fuel source to test run it, and wrapped the tank in fiberglass to try and make it usable (failed).

Grin  Winter 2017  We found a tank and set of tins and extra on Craigslist from a 2005 S40.  The tank was perfect, the tins fit, the only difference was the seat mount, but the S40 seat came with the extra parts.  A neighbour up the road swapped out the tins, charged the battery, changed the oil.  Angel finally took her first ride on the Savage!

Huh  April 2017  I rode over for the LA State Hog Rally and stopped by Angel's thinking we'd go for a ride together.  Battery was dead.  I had an extra whip and helped her install it so she could just plug in a tender.  Showed her the reason they couldn't get the battery cover to stay on was because they hadn't reinstalled the bracket it mounts to.  This is also when we realized the S40 fender didn't have the bracket to mount the two piece seat of the Savage.  Also, the seat mount that bolts onto the back of the tank hadn't been put back on.  We spent the afternoon locating an installing all the missing brackets and putting it back together.  I explained the different positions on the petcock and explained why not to leave it in the prime position.

Shocked  June 2017  This is where it should have gotten happy, but she couldn't get it started.  Frustrated, she let someone else take it.  He brought it back the day before she left to go to her dying mother in Colorado and said "I'm sick of messing with it!"  She didn't even look at it before she left.

:'(  September 2017  Having decided to sell her house and stay in Colorado, last weekend I drove the 800 miles round trip with my trailer to pick up the Savage for her.  I was shocked and appalled at what I had found!  No battery, side cover MIA, wiring harness socket dangling, crease in the side of the tank, and happy that I could at least find all the parts to put the battery box back together in the crates.  Her repair manual is also MIA.

This is what brings me here.  I still have hope for this poor little bike.  She's been through hell in her less than 8000 miles.  I am not a mechanic.  I don't do engine work, but I can do basic maintenance, and I care.  I care because I believe this bike still has a lot of life in her, and I care because Angel is my friend.  I know enough to know I don't know and I hope I can find the answers I need here.

Ride On & Smile!

2017-09_2.jpg
  IP Logged
Iconkj
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2247 - 09/13/17 at 11:09:55

Hello everyone.

I'm Kjelly, 26 years old. I'm from Belgium and i'm getting ready to welcome my new (for me) 96 savage!
Bought the bike running and in great shape for 350 euro's!

Plan is to sell my gsxr (too fast for me and no fun on the belgian roads...) and chop the hell out of the savage.

received_1495630197147576.jpeg
  IP Logged
dutch
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2248 - 09/13/17 at 12:15:10

Hi all, glad to have found this group. I hail from the UK and ride a 2007 café racer which I built myself using the Ryca s1 kit. I have had my bike featured in 100% Biker magazine here in the UK. (I was surprised to find a pic of mine featured on a thread on this site from 2015 also).  Grin
So I have built, owned and ridden my savage for a few years and my next modification is to convert to chain drive.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing what you good people have to say.

IP Logged
Dmlindley
YaBB Newbies

02 Suzuki Savage

Southern Nevada
Reply #2249 - 09/15/17 at 12:25:29

Hello everyone!

I currently live in Las Vegas, NV (moving soon up north) and recently bought a 2002 Suzuki Savage with 19k miles on her. I was so intrigued with the single cylinder savage that I sold my cbr600rr so that I could buy one and start bobbing it out.

Bike currently has:
Raptor Petcock
Biltwell Zed Handlebar
Motogadget mBlaze bar end turn signals
Blue Collar Bobber Seat
LED tail light
Emgo muffler

The previous owner seemed to like red but I'm trying to get all that off slowly but surely.

The end goal is to paint the bike a steel blue color

IMG_6227.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 19:13:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.