Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 176
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41165 times)
Capt_Cruiser
Ex Member

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #15 - 09/10/07 at 17:35:20

Hello All,

My name is Jay, handle of Capt Cruiser is because I am a cruise boat captain.  My wife and I also run a online motorcycle leather store, which you will never see me promote here.  

I ride a 2005 C50 Boulevard, and the reason for me joining this board is that we just put a deposit on a 2002 Savage in like new condition.

I read through parts of this board over the weekend, and look forward to becoming an active participant.

I was recommended to this board from the Volusia/Boulevard message board.

Intial thoughts on the Savage is that it is a fun bike.

Thank you for giving me the opporunity to participate on this board.

IP Logged
goon73
YaBB Newbies

Chop it!

Reply #16 - 09/17/07 at 09:54:25

I am Goon, Secertary and Treasurer of Lost MC out of Texas. My current daily rider is an '02 Suzuki VL800 (at least it started out as one) that has gotten the "Bobber" treatment and Last week I finished my '03 VL800 Chopper project. Next project I have lined up is an '01 LS650 that I picked up beyond cheap... it has less than 4000 miles on it, and once I clean the carb and give it a once over should fire right up. Plans for it include slight modification of the frame.... (OK I think I will be keeping the neck and downtube) and a complete rework of the bike to make it look something along these lines...

Sorry if it offends some of you here that I will be cutting up this low mileage Savage, but look at it this way... I will soon have a ton of spare parts I can offer for sale here first (so if anyone needs a complete tin set, or anything else drop me a line) Other than that I write a monthly column for www.customfighters.com and ride or wrench as much as possible.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 09/18/07 at 09:08:30

Welcome to the site.  I look forward to seeing what you make of our beloved thumper.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #18 - 09/18/07 at 11:16:16

I'm Stuart.

I've got a 2006 S40 that I bought as a leftover about a month ago.  It's got almost 500 miles (all mine) on it.  Someday I'll post pics of me actually on it but here it is in my driveway at home: http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40Pics/

And my handle is easy, it's my first initial and the first 6 letters of my last name.  I've been using it since BBS's only allowed 7 character user id's. Smiley

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 09/19/07 at 06:44:13

sjaskow - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I'm Stuart.

I've got a 2006 S40 that I bought as a leftover about a month ago.  It's got almost 500 miles (all mine) on it.  Someday I'll post pics of me actually on it but here it is in my driveway at home: http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40Pics/

And my handle is easy, it's my first initial and the first 6 letters of my last name.  I've been using it since BBS's only allowed 7 character user id's. Smiley

Welcome to this forum.

IP Logged
greidel
YaBB Newbies

Personal Text

Lancaster, PA
Reply #20 - 09/30/07 at 18:39:32

My name is Gerry, and I purchased a used '06 S40 ten days ago. I've put 600 miles on it so far.
I'm 40, and I only started riding this year.  I bought a scooter back in June and felt the need for more power. I took the MSF course, passed, and bought Thumper later that week. It seems like the perfect bike for a beginner.

2008 Versys - Red
2006 S40 - Silver (traded)
2007 Yamaha C3 - Blue
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 10/01/07 at 06:43:22

Welcome!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #22 - 10/01/07 at 08:09:51

Name is Tom, a 69 yr old geezer with a 05 S40 which I purchased new in 05.  2 yrs before had purchased a Vinto 125 scooter off of e-bay but needed some more 'Umph' and something small and easy to handle around town.
I live in Hernando MS and have plenty of country roads to take rides on when just need a good solo.  Week-ends I ride with a group of other 'old' geezers.  will ride out a 100 miles (give or take a few miles) one way.have lunch and return another way.
Have used this site for several questions and many thanks to the ones that have responed and helped.
Retired 7 yrs ago and haven't looked back.  People ask me if I miss working and I tell them I started working when I was 15 yrs old and have done my 'tenure'.  All fun and games now (until parts of my body quit working).

Be carefull and RIDE SAFE!!!!!

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #23 - 10/01/07 at 13:29:16

It's nice to meet an older geezer.  Welcome.

IP Logged
orangeride
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 10/14/07 at 08:10:05

hello all . it good to find such good people. that love there suzuki ls 650 as much as i do. im dennis from western ma. and i just bought a 1998 ls650 and i love it...anyone out there in ma. and know of a club i can join to find people to go on rides with....ps i think this is a verry good web sight people are verry frendly.. thanks for your time dennis aka orangeride

IP Logged
southerngirl
Ex Member

My name is Crystal
Reply #25 - 10/17/07 at 17:23:21

I have been on this forum for a couple of months now, I am really impressed with the people on here, I havent seen as much comraderie with people that have known each other for years as I have seen in this forum between complete strangers. This forum has helped me through so much. I went from never haven been on a bike in my life (even as a passenger) to (almost) mc mechanic. I learned to ride all by myself in April this year on a Pagsta 250, then in August I bought an 07 s40, I have changed the grips, installed dyna muff, installed windshield, saddle bag supports & bags, replaced seat, installed sissybar and side rails, replaced stock mirrors with aftermarket ones, made the oem heatshield fit the new dyna muff, all this because of this forum. My name is Crystal, I am a 32 yr old single mom of 3 kids, son 14, son 7, daughter 1, and I live in Georgia... I work as a Sales Manager in a furniture store. Salaried, so I work 40 to 60 hours a week. I cant wait to get home sometimes to see whats new on here. Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome, and not to mention saving me houndreds of dollars by helping me do it myself.... THANK YOU!!

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #26 - 10/19/07 at 06:14:26

Welcome to Suzuki Savage!

IP Logged
Odar

Odars ride

Stockholm Sweden
Reply #27 - 10/22/07 at 13:11:55

Hi ther
My name is Odar and I have been on this forum for a long time and before this I was at Berts forum, dont think I have made a presentation before.
I am 50 years old, live in Stockholm Sweden and work at a company testing and calibrating all kinds of measuring instruments for the paperindustri that we sell all over the world.
Have a wife and a doughter 15 years old.
Have 2 bikes my Savage -99 30500 km and my LC 1500 -00 42000 km both bougth new that I ride as mutch  I can, this year I been riding my Savage more then my big bike, why? Because I love my little Savage
Here is my 2 bikes
Take care Odar

Odar
Stockholm Sweden
WWW   IP Logged
Droopy
YaBB Newbies

Orlando, Fl.
Reply #28 - 10/27/07 at 21:06:25

Hello all I'm Bikemom28's Husband Grin And I do the wrenching most of the time  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
platinummonkey
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 10/27/07 at 22:26:50

Howdy all!

I ride a beautiful '01 Light Blue 650cc Savage! It is my first bike and I love the thing! I just put on a jardine slip-on and put on 155.5 main jets (will be doing the spacer mod very soon).  Though I live on campus and don't have access to a large variety of tools, space, and time Tongue
I'm a big computer nerd [president of a unix and linux users group here on campus] , but have always wanted a MC.  Been riding the bike now for about 2 months and the only thing that bugs me is annoying whistle (the belt most likely x.x boo, makes me want to do the chain conversion even more).
This bike is a babe magnet Wink (just wait till i put some lights on! and repaint it charcoal, maroon and white accents)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 176
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 04:03:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.