Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #945 - 08/09/09 at 23:25:36

Hi John, I am not too far from Olympia. Enjoyed about a 100 mile ride today. It was windy yet the S-40 handled well and loves the twisties... wheeeee Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #946 - 08/10/09 at 18:53:26

Hi-  This is a really great forum. I was using total motorcycle, but the savages are few are far between there! I got my 1987 LS650 a year ago with 16000 miles. It runs great- changed fluids, new tires this year. I added a tool bag, and a bar above the tail light for a backpack. The controls were too close so I took some foam out of the seat to tip it back and added a sheepskin pad. I dropped the right foot peg an inch and a half by mounting it to a piece of steel and setting that in place. I haven't figured out what to do for the left side, so I just turned the peg upside down. It has the buck horn handlebars which I love- no reaching, but I didn't like the wind hitting me in the chest. I cut a piece of 1/4" x 5" clear plexiglass and strung it between the lower part of the handlebars with bungee cord. It works great and I skip the windshield idea which I never cared for. I'm not much for the looks and keeping a pristine bike- no place for it. But I want it to run well and it does - has power and feels great. I had a 125 Benelli in college and no license and went everywhere - my wife on back. Years later we needed another vehicle and I bought a Suzuki GN400 6 volt kickstart. I commuted 50 miles on the highway to work with it. -I got back into riding 4 years ago - and pulled the GN out (sitting 19 years) and started commuting again. I now really appreciate an electric starter! I didn't want a  heavy bike to manhandle, I wanted more power and I loved the feel of a single, so I bought the LS650. No regrets!  

tcreeley

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
dhowe003
YaBB Newbies

87' bobber

Kansas
Reply #947 - 08/11/09 at 05:58:38

Hello fellow Savagiers,

I don't know, it sounded good when I said it... I am David and I am in the Army. I have had my 87' Savage for about 5 years now. I got it for a great deal because a guys son dropped it and it needed a little TLC. I just finished the most major part of a rebuild/chop/bob job. I want to do more with it, but I am going to wait till riding season is up. I am in Kansas right now so I still have a few more months of riding before I start getting back into it. I am glad I found tis place because I have gotten alot of helpfull info and it is cool to see what other people are doing with their bikes. Thank you all for having me and I look forward to seeing more of your bikes and projects.

GOD bless America!!
  IP Logged
danibugg

PNW
Reply #948 - 08/12/09 at 06:51:09

Hey all! I'm Dani from OR - I got my bike about 3 months ago and spent the first couple months getting her up to par (thanks to this site, of course), and have been riding daily the past 2 weeks now. I love both the bike and everything this forum has to offer - thanks guys (and gals)!

1998 Suzuki Savage LS 650, black, 11.5k. verslavy, relocated turn signals, saddlebags.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #949 - 08/12/09 at 21:11:00

Welcome Dani!  It's great to see the recent influx of riders from up here in the great Northwest!  Some awesome riding around here, I highly recommend the Scenic Gorge Highway, if you're close to the northern end of Oregon.  Or SR14, right across on the WA side, nice and twisty also! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #950 - 08/14/09 at 05:24:24

A hearty welcome to the many folks new to this great forum !
In the English speaking world this is THE place to hang out for everything good and useful about our favorite machine.  
It is good to have ya'll here.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #951 - 08/14/09 at 13:26:42

Hi, my name is Natalie.  I'm 44 years old and live in West Virginia.  I don't think I've seen any other WV residents on here yet.  
I have a 2006 S40, black, mostly stock, but I changed the handlebars to the Savage style and my hubby is trying to talk me into getting louder pipes.  I also scooped out some padding on the stock seat and put in Saddleman raw gel.  Much more comfortable and I love it!

As others have said, I have found this to be a great forum with tons of useful information so I wanted to say thanks, and I'll be checking in often.

I remember my dad having many bikes while I was little (well, I should say young because I'm still little).  I always loved riding with him.  Several months ago, my husband and I were getting rid of a car and a man offered us a motorcycle as trade.  My husband hadn't had a bike for a few years and had been wanting one anyway, so it worked out.  We rode a while and he talked me into taking the class and getting my endorsement.  He went and bought my S40.  I have found it to be the perfect bike for me.  Love the looks, its small and light, but powerful enough to keep up (and yes, pass) him!  

Have a great weekend....    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #952 - 08/15/09 at 05:20:14

Welcome, Natalie aka Babyhog! You have found the best site for the Savage/S40 anywhere on the Net! The folks here are great and the info is beyond fantastic.

Enjoy that bike and ride safe!

Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #953 - 08/16/09 at 21:36:06

Back in business after 30+ years. Really like the LS.

« Last Edit: 09/29/09 at 04:41:20 by qn7qcw7 »  
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #954 - 08/16/09 at 22:00:28

Hi boofer....congrats on getting the savage!!

Glad youre here with us and hope you have much,much fun on that bike. We all agree its very good therapy. Smiley

I never heard of them before I started looking for a bike either and I do think I picked the right one! Seems to be just a good all around bike. Also enough power to enjoy ,yet not too much.

Have fun!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
juang
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #955 - 08/24/09 at 15:33:14

Hello, My name is Juan Carlos and I'm from Los Angeles, CA.  I have a '98 Savage and I truly enjoy riding around on it.  And I get the feeling I'm going to learn a lot in here from you guys. Here's a couple of pictures...and yes, I know I need to fix the seats and that "duct tape" can't fix everything.  

Las Motos
El Rock n Roll
Cuero Tachuelas
Y Alcohol

Keep me from getting a real job by reading my blog and clicking the ads on it...please

http://thisstrangelongjourney.blogspot.com/
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #956 - 08/24/09 at 17:20:56

Welcome. Love the flames!!!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
jarroyo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #957 - 08/24/09 at 17:30:21

Hello all,

My name is Jeff, 34 y/o from Lehigh Acres Florida. Originally from Lorain Ohio.

I found this site looking for technical info. I have a Kart that is powered by a savage. It's gonna be fun and dangerous all at the same time. It's maily going to be used for auto-x.

I look forward to finding lots of info on how to make this beast run right and will post up some pics later. This is the first time I've ever worked on a bike engined anything so I will probably be asking alot of questions.

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #958 - 08/25/09 at 05:45:57

Welcome Juang and Jarroyo Cool

Great havin' you here!

Jarroyo, gotta see that Kart, man...we LOVE pix here at SS.com!  Wink
...Oh...and GO BUCKS!

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #959 - 08/25/09 at 05:53:16

dhowe003 wrote on 08/11/09 at 05:58:38:
Hello fellow Savagiers,

I don't know, it sounded good when I said it... I am David and I am in the Army. I have had my 87' Savage for about 5 years now. I got it for a great deal because a guys son dropped it and it needed a little TLC. I just finished the most major part of a rebuild/chop/bob job. I want to do more with it, but I am going to wait till riding season is up. I am in Kansas right now so I still have a few more months of riding before I start getting back into it. I am glad I found tis place because I have gotten alot of helpfull info and it is cool to see what other people are doing with their bikes. Thank you all for having me and I look forward to seeing more of your bikes and projects.

Great havin' you here, Dhowe003! Keep us posted on all your latest mods! Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:29:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.