Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
newcruiserRIDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #930 - 07/15/09 at 17:55:54

al from n.h.

i have been looking everywhere for hard saddle bags to fit my 2009 savage. what are the measurements of the ones you have and where did you order them?

thanks

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #931 - 07/16/09 at 12:40:07

mike from Texas, well in Texas, originally from Pennsylvania, I have 2008 S40 for about 3 months now, got it in late April, used with 2800 miles on it, it now has 4200 miles, my first bike, can't wait to pay it off so I can start some real customizing on it.  

This is a great place, wish all bikes had something like this for them.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #932 - 07/17/09 at 17:05:06

Demin wrote on 05/03/09 at 06:01:05:
Welcome.I just left Dallas area.Mixed emotions about leaving.
Hey Rob,no riding in Dallas area like those pics,huh? Grin

Not like those, no.  Those are beautiful.  There are several places in North Texas I like riding through but none are lush like that anywhere near here.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #933 - 07/17/09 at 20:20:18

hi yall

from western PA

07 white s40 stock, closing in on 12,000 miles (it rains a lot here in the spring or it'd be more). My first street bike -, used to ride my mom's old yamaha 90 from 1970-something on the farm when i was a kid!  Cheesy

nice to be part of this forum, thanks to all the "old timers" who share their experience - saved me lots of $$ for mechanicing already!!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #934 - 07/28/09 at 18:56:32

Hi, got an 03 Savage back in March with 1700 miles on it.  Not the place for questions but why are there so many of these great little bikes out there with less that 10000 miles on them?  No need to answer I already have my own.  Reading the posts on this site have been a big help, already started by changing the oil at 4000 miles, changed out the grips and right now the bike is in parts as I am looking to modify the way the seat sits.  In fact me and my daughter just got back in from taking the seat off (yes I know bad grammar).  Looks like I'm putting about 1000 miles a month on it and other than a few more mods I will probably keep this bike for a long time unless my daughter talks me out of it. LOL  Just glad to be on here listening to all the advice.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #935 - 07/28/09 at 23:26:47

Hi Tonydtiger...I think youre my closest neighbor here in the forum,so far.

Although I mostly stick around my area....(still getting comfortable with all the curves here)..........

...We'll have to go for a ride sometime Smiley

And if you find a good way to make that seat more comfortable,do let me know. I'm working on mine also....making it more comfortable is a must for me. Wink

Glad youre here with us! Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
mudhogdad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #936 - 07/31/09 at 14:38:58

Just bought a 97 Savage.  I need to move the controls forward.  How do I gind order info for Eds kit?

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #937 - 07/31/09 at 15:03:24

mudhogdad wrote on 07/31/09 at 14:38:58:
Just bought a 97 Savage.  I need to move the controls forward.  How do I gind order info for Eds kit?

Probably just shoot him a PM.  And welcome to the wonderful world of Savage! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
itsonlyme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #938 - 07/31/09 at 15:17:06

Hi Everyone,
I just learned to ride 3 weeks ago and bought my first bike a 2001 glacial blue savage with 16,000. I live in Ontario so the riding season is fairly short so I am making the most of it!
Thanks for this forum, its great!

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #939 - 08/01/09 at 16:31:29

itsonlyme wrote on 07/31/09 at 15:17:06:
Hi Everyone,
I just learned to ride 3 weeks ago and bought my first bike a 2001 glacial blue savage with 16,000. I live in Ontario so the riding season is fairly short so I am making the most of it!
Thanks for this forum, its great!

Welcome to you and all of the new members. Don't be afraid to ask questions in RSB forum, and stop in the cafe to participate in a discussion that you may be interested in, or start your own thread if the mood strikes you. You picked a great bike and made your way to some great forums. Ride safe.

FSO
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #940 - 08/02/09 at 18:00:21

Hi itsonlyme, welcome aboard. Where are you in Ontario? I'm just acrouss the river and up the lake a piece from Sarnia Ontario. (I know, Ontario is a big province.) Smiley

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
dmike

Vote Blumpkin

HBG, PA
Reply #941 - 08/05/09 at 07:26:14

Hello All,

I just bought a 2005 S40, 1400 miles.Was searching forever for an S$0 site and kept coming up with terrible sites until I came here.  I am sure gald I did, there is so much info on the savage/s40 that I think all of the questions I had are answered.  

Derrick,
Harrisburg, PA

IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #942 - 08/05/09 at 19:17:46

Hi Dmike, welcome to the group.  Seems to be a good place with lots of info to maintain and mod these great little bikes.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #943 - 08/08/09 at 23:04:10

HI everyone, my name is kim and I live in Wa State. I started riding 2.5 years ago.
My first bike was a 50 cc Yamaha Zuma Sports Scooter. I got my permit and endorsement on that bike.
Then I rode a Honda 650 for a short 3 weeks as hubby upgraded to a 750 Aero. The shadow was too much too soon. I tipped over twice at the top of our driveway. The 2nd time was my last on that bike as it was taken and traded in the next day.
I downsized to the 250 Rebel. It took me 1200 miles before I really started liking that bike. Then once I got used to her we went many places.
Couple weeks ago I traded her in on the 09 S-40. I love this bike and haven't regretted the decision to trade up for one moment.
I can only hope this bike turns out to be as reliable and dependable as the Rebel was.
My bike is the Magenta red and I love the power. I am almost at 500 miles and have my appt for my 600 mile checkup next week.
I look forward to posting and reading more on this bike.
Thank you for allowing us a place to do this.. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #944 - 08/09/09 at 07:30:50

Welcome Kim!  Nice to see another Washingtonian; which end of the state are you in, if you don't mind me asking?  Vancouver/Portland area myself.

Hope you continue to enjoy your bike, they are indeed a blast! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 05:24:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.