Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #915 - 06/08/09 at 19:35:57

Welcome JaniceM, glad to hear you're willing to get back on the horse that threw ya!  Sounds like you got a great one too, very low mileage.  I agree with what bill67 said about roads to practice on.  I used the back roads around my house.  45 mph limit, some gentle curves, very few intersections, very little traffic.  If you can find an area like that, they are ideal to practice on. Wink

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
MauiNancy
YaBB Newbies

Girls Ride, Too!

Maui
Reply #916 - 06/12/09 at 18:03:18

Hi all! I just joined. Am I the first one from Hawaii?
This is a helpful forum - looking forward to getting to know you and your rides. My ride is known as "Lil' Sister" because she has a big brother Harley [husband's] in the garage! Cheesy

2006 S40 "Silver" - Lancer's kit [VM38 carb, UFO, cone air filter], Dyna muffler, battery tender jr., windshield. Just reached 13,000 mi. on this one! (This is my 2nd Savage!)
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #917 - 06/12/09 at 18:11:24

Welcome Nancy, we had the pleasure of hosting SavageWahine from Kauai about year ago when she came over and borrowed my brother-in-laws Savage to attend the FSSNOC Thumper Lunch in Montana. Used to be pictures on here. She travel with Sluggo part way, then Savage Greg and his wife from WA to Montana. We caught up with them in Montana for the lunch. Had planned to use our savage sidecar rig, but it wasn't road ready. Drove a borrowed HD sidecar rig instead. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #918 - 06/13/09 at 01:05:19

Welcome!  You've found a great and informative bunch of people here.  My bike wouldn't have the cool mods it does now if I hadn't found this site.
Ride safe, and enjoy your Savage! Cool

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
CPaq
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

south dakota
Reply #919 - 06/21/09 at 00:09:00

Hello all, and thank you. Due in part to these forums, I am the proud new owner of a 2002 savage. Its been ten years since I had a bike, and that was only for a few months when i was a teenager.  I plan on enrolling in a MSC, as I really have had no one to teach me the finer points of driving and owning a bike. I have learned  a lot here lurking, and I am sure I'll learn much more.I hope to do all maintenance and modifications myself, learning as I go(with the help of the forums of course). I'm really looking forward to it.  

Hope to see you on the road, CP

IP Logged
o0MOTORHEAD0o
Ex Member

Reply #920 - 06/23/09 at 17:06:50

Kia Ora everyone
my names is Gordon and i live in Tauranga New Zealand
my 1989 Jap market 400cc Savage is my first real bike and i love it! gonna change the rear guard and seat just to bob it out a little...allready removed the ugly factory sissy bar and mounted the indercators on the rear gaurd and done a lift job on the front of the seat oh and also bought some harley bars for it and a drag bar as well...looks tuff as ducks nuts with the drag bar but i need some risers to make it comfortable for me to ride like that so it has the harley bars on it...well thats all i can think of right now.
excuse my poor english but i spent my school years drinkin piss smokin weed and ripping around on my old honda nf75 scoot lol  Cheesy

IP Logged
Petra
YaBB Newbies

Its all about the
ride

GA/SC Border
Reply #921 - 06/28/09 at 11:15:23

Hi All. Just found the forum - glad I did. I am a noob to riding - only had about 4 months under my belt on a 883Sportster when life happened and I was off of it for almost 2 years. Now, with the Sporty intimidating me a little bit, I picked up a screaming deal on an 09 s40. It had a whooping 1.2 miles on it. It was a trade in so I got it at the "used bike" price of $3700. That was a week or so ago.

Since then I have logged about 100 miles in. Love the ride but its not terribly fast at stock level. That's one of many places I am hoping you guys can help me out. Gotta figure out which jet kit/pipe to get......

Anyway - love the forum. Thanks for having me!  Smiley

CyclChyk   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #922 - 06/28/09 at 13:57:12

Welcome to the forum. You will find all you need for modding the S40. You got a steal of a deal.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
DasTeknoViking
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #923 - 06/28/09 at 21:09:34

Hello, my name is Mike and I am from northwestern suburbs of Chicago. I bought a Savage for my girlfriend 3 weeks ago and have lurked around here reading about carb mods, exhausts, tweaks, and maintenance. I'm actually a automotive ASE master technician who works on Honda's for a living. Naturally I ride a Honda, a SP2 RC51.

G/F wanted a S40 for a while and I picked up a 97 Savage w/4500 miles for dirt cheap. Since they haven't changed much over the years I figured it would be perfect starter bike for her.

As far as I know the muffler is some kinda super loud un-baffled can that does look pretty good. It makes my (what I thought was super loud) RC sound quiet. I got a set of new front pads for it, oil change (Spectro Gold) and air filter. I'm gonna toy around with the carb because when I ride it, I want more power Wink

She seems to be tuned pretty well, doesn't run too rich or lean cause the pipe stays constant color and there is no filth on the tail pipe. I've had it up to 100MPH easily, so my guess is there is little to be gained from the carb work, but I want to be able to pull from Sportsters Wink

IP Logged
King Kashue
YaBB Newbies

We can't stop here!

The City of the Angels
Reply #924 - 06/30/09 at 11:53:13

Hey everyone, I'm obviously new here Cheesy

I bought my bike yesterday! A 1998 savage, 22k miles on it.

I actually just finished my MSF course last weekend, so I don't yet have my safety gear, so I can't actually ride her yet (Doh!), but that'll come soon enough (luckily I'm out of town for a bit, so I won't have to wait around for the stuff to show up)

1998 Savage, Aztec Orange (so the rescue crew can find me, if I get lost at sea).
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #925 - 06/30/09 at 12:13:25

Welcome to all the newbies that snuck in when I wasn't looking. Personally I believe you picked the perfect bike and the perfect site to learn about this bike.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #926 - 07/02/09 at 19:34:08

Hello,

My name is Oscar and I am an Savage-holic.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #927 - 07/03/09 at 13:58:33

odvelasc wrote on 07/02/09 at 19:34:08:
Hello,

Welcome Oscar, welcome to Savage not-so-anonymous.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #928 - 07/03/09 at 14:13:04

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/03/09 at 13:58:33:
Hello,

I am curious about your name Yonuh. Please enlighten me a bit as to its background.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #929 - 07/03/09 at 14:19:09

odvelasc wrote on 07/03/09 at 14:13:04:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/03/09 at 13:58:33:
Hello,

I am curious about your name Yonuh. Please enlighten me a bit as to its background.

Yonuh Adisi is Cherokee for Running Bear. (Please, no Running Bear loves little White Dove jokes)

I am 1/4 Cherokee but my heart beats as full is what I tell folks. I am also a Shaman and the name was given to me during my first Medicine Quest.

Yonuh means bear Adisi means running, the descriptive is on the tail end, just so you know. (Usually when I forget to tell people that they automatically start calling me Adisi instead of Yonuh thinking that it is Adisi that means bear.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 05:31:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.