Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Diabla
YaBB Newbies

Bay Area, CA
Re: Introduce Yourself - Hi, I'm Diabla.
Reply #900 - 05/29/09 at 00:57:12

Hello all... I guess I'll use post #900 on this thread to introduce myself.   Cheesy

I'm Diabla.  I just bought my first bike on Friday.  YAY!!  She's a 1995 Suzuki Savage and I'm gonna call her Sophie. *sigh*  She's in pretty bad condition as she sat out a long time but I think a lil TLC will do her good.  I already took her to the shop for new tires and breaks (and recalibration something) and just got back her today.  Then, I spent the night going around my neighborhood and city with my roommate, who also recently bought a Boulevard.  She and I both took the MSF course and got our motorcycle licenses together.  

I'm so excited about her... and now this forum!  It's great to have a group of people who also love the Savage.  I'm sure I'll have lots'o'questions for y'all and will enjoy your stories and quips as well!!  Wink 

'All Knowledge is Worth Having'
  IP Logged
Diabla
YaBB Newbies

Bay Area, CA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #901 - 05/29/09 at 01:40:15

Here's a pic of the 2 of us...

'All Knowledge is Worth Having'
  IP Logged
sansone
YaBB Newbies

gary@sansoneservices
.com

Reply #902 - 05/29/09 at 06:05:32

not sure if I'm posting this properly so excuse me.. Bought a s40 today, actually going to pick it up later. Never rode one (s40)but been a biker for most of my 54yrs and the specs add up nicely. Gotta have a laid back cruiser and hoping the big single doesn't shake my teeth loose(need the ones I got).. believe it or not the belt drive and price were the main issues for me. Looked at a Kaw 500 v-twin but I've been wrestling with chains too long and my buddy's belt drive has really caught my interest. Had a 4cyl yamaha w/shaft for a while but felt kinda heavy, like I was missing the reason bikin' was fun for me

WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #903 - 05/29/09 at 07:29:43

Welcome to the forum.  From your post, it sounds like you will enjoy the S40. The belt is very reliable. The only issue I have with the belt drive is squeaking. When it does squeak, I use some candle wax rubbed on the edges. The bike does vibrate some, but not enough to be an issue.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
sansone
YaBB Newbies

gary@sansoneservices
.com

Reply #904 - 05/29/09 at 08:56:02

thanks for the tip, hoping the vibration at 70 doesn't bother me. My wife's suzuGZ250 singl doesn't disturb me at 70 but the bike is wide-open at that speed

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #905 - 05/29/09 at 12:20:24

Welcome Diabla and Sansone! Cheesy

Diabla: good call on the MSF course, a great investment in my opinion.  You and Sophie look very happy together! Wink  So, if you don't mind my asking, north west coast, or south west coast?  Welcome to a great forum full of very knowedgable people (I'm not one of them! Grin)!

Sansone: Those were two of the reasons I picked this as a first bike too, along with low weight.  I haven't noticed a lot of vibration at 70, just a little bit of a buzz.  Mine sounds the happiest at 55-60, but she'll do 80 or more... that's just the highest I've had her yet! Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
sansone
YaBB Newbies

gary@sansoneservices
.com

Reply #906 - 05/31/09 at 12:34:57

thanks all.. going back to posting at the "cafe".. I think this thread is just for new guys to say "Hi" Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #907 - 06/01/09 at 11:20:02

Hey everybody,
I got picked up a mint '05 S40 and so far like it very much.  Right now it barely runs, and backfires like hell but I am gently getting it out of hibernation.  I plan to put on a dyna muffler, K&N filter, thoroughly de-gummify the carb and rejet (at a minumum, may go for a new carb).  This site is chock full of information and I'm glad to have found it!  Looking forward to reading and sharing the S40/savage good times.  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Hawk
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki Savage
Resource Board

Rural Hall, North Carolina
Hi folks.  I've been downsized here in North Carol
Reply #908 - 06/04/09 at 10:56:14

Two weeks ago, after years of urging from my wife of 38 years, I tried to retire from riding.  Sold my Excelsior-Henderson Super X and hung up my helmet.  Began to question my decision the moment I let it go.

Days (or maybe it was hours) later I felt deep pangs of regret which could only be soothed by getting another bike.  I seriously looked at HardKnock bobbers (a wee bit too small), electric bicycles (a way lot too small), and finally stumbled on a Suzuki Savage on Craigslist at an affordable price.  Well, I didn't buy that one...  But it got me looking and I bought a 2006 Suzuki S40 Boulevard on Tuesday of this week.  Got a deal (I hope) and thought I'd check out the Suzuki Savage forums.

Anyway, I'll lurk quite a bit trying to come up to speed.  The E-H forum was always a great place to meet folks and learn stuff.  I'm sure this forum will be every bit as enlightening.

Meanwhile I'd love to find an old school, tan leather saddle that'd bolt right on this puppy.  So far no joy in finding such.  Anyone got suggestions?  

And I might consider some low buckhorns to replace the drag bars.  I wonder if the cables will reach?  hmmmm...

Ride safe.

Hawk
Rural Hall, North Carolina

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #909 - 06/04/09 at 18:50:08

Welcome Hawk, you will not find a better place for the Savage/S40. If you are looking to modify or keep stock, this is the best place on the net for all your questions.

What ever you want to do to your bike, chances are someone on here has done it before and can give good advice, if they haven't then we all wait with baited breath for your ideas. Word of advice, we all love pictures and detailed how-tos on any mod that is created.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #910 - 06/08/09 at 11:47:28

Welcome Diabla, Sansone, BouleTard and Hawk! You gotta a GREAT bike and a GREAT bunch of bikers to help you out!

Ride safe and have fun!  Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
JaniceM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NW PA
Reply #911 - 06/08/09 at 12:55:15

Hi.  My name is Janice and I am taking up riding after a 30 year break.  I rode only a FEW times as a teen.  Now, I am the proud owner of a nearly mint S40 2007 that has only 49 original miles on it!
I was practicing going around the block on it, and I put myself in the hospital--haven't taken the MSF course yet (enrolled for later this summer) and didn't have it stuck in my head yet about looking into turns (watched the darn chipmunk on side of road coming out at me).  I had bleeding in the brain and lost a month.  Now, waiting for mirror and turn signal I broke and getting ready to ride! Hubby's Harley was too big to start on, and I find my S40 fits me like a glove.  So glad to stumble on this forum--can't wait to get hints, make like-minded friends on line, blah blah blah!  J

Chaos...where great dreams begin.
2007 S40
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #912 - 06/08/09 at 14:37:52

Welcome.. Good to hear you are recovering from you accident. Get the course, go slow, and practice. Most would just give up after what you experienced.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #913 - 06/08/09 at 15:50:09

JaniceM wrote on 06/08/09 at 12:55:15:
Hi.  My name is Janice and I am taking up riding after a 30 year break.  I rode only a FEW times as a teen.  Now, I am the proud owner of a nearly mint S40 2007 that has only 49 original miles on it!
I was practicing going around the block on it, and I put myself in the hospital--haven't taken the MSF course yet (enrolled for later this summer) and didn't have it stuck in my head yet about looking into turns (watched the darn chipmunk on side of road coming out at me).  I had bleeding in the brain and lost a month.  Now, waiting for mirror and turn signal I broke and getting ready to ride! Hubby's Harley was too big to start on, and I find my S40 fits me like a glove.  So glad to stumble on this forum--can't wait to get hints, make like-minded friends on line, blah blah blah!  J

Glad you're OK, Janice! Welcome! Smiley

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #914 - 06/08/09 at 16:15:43

JaniceM you need to go down straight roads ,If you have any near you,Going around the block is about the hardest thing to do on a motorcycle.By going on straight road with small cruves you will get used to operating the bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:20:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.