Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
dumdum30
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

south mississippi
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #855 - 03/18/09 at 19:27:41

Jim. Im just wondering where that pond is.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #856 - 03/19/09 at 05:04:38

Fished it last night at dusk with a top water buzz bait.  Caught a 3 pounder and had 2 misses.  I fished about 15 minutes.  I love being able to take a short walk to the pond and fishing. I keep the rods and tackle by the pond so I don't have to carry anything to and fro.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #857 - 03/19/09 at 06:06:23

darn I'm moving to Alabama.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
melori
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Austin, TX
Reply #858 - 03/26/09 at 07:34:18

Hello, My name is Melissa in Austin Texas! I just got a 2005 S40/Savage so have been trying to figure out where to start! I am addressing the backfiring issue now and want to do the re jet and new muffler. My girlfriend is getting tired of hearing the word muffler, so I better pick one out soon!!!

Thanks for all the great info on this site! I am finding it hard to get "work" accomplished now 9-5!!

I've also got a Kawasaki Vulcan 750, but I'm loving the smaller weight 650! Can't wait to modify it and sound great!!

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #859 - 03/26/09 at 18:06:56

Welcome! You can start by checking the tech forums, or doing a search for carb tuning. It's a pretty hot topic here.

FSO
  IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #860 - 03/28/09 at 15:54:25

Hello to all,

Figured I would introduce myself. Returned to riding after a bunch of years off. Took the MSF course and was looking for an intelligent choice to get back into riding. With a little bit of luck became a 2006 S40 owner.

Found this bike on Craig’s List. Short story was the owner never rode it and wanted it out of the garage. IT HAD 51 MILES ON IT! The bike was started up every month for 18 months for about 20 minutes to keep it from dying. Gave them $2900.00 cash for it and rode away with a “Bug catching smile”. Grin I think this ride is a good platform to work, play around, with.

Been using your site to get information on making a few upgrades; tach, trip meter, windshield. I’m playing with the idea of making a set of saddlebag supports. Currently researching where to get some side rails and add a sissy bar.

Plan to contribute with various projects, or just hang out. Enough banging on the PC for now, time for a brew.   Smiley

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #861 - 03/29/09 at 11:56:00

Watch for the cops, because in my opinion you STOLE that bike. Welcome aboard, we look forward to any contributions you wanna make.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
haulback
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vancouver, British Columbia, C
Reply #862 - 03/30/09 at 09:20:30

Another new guy..........

Bought a '08 S-40 a couple of weeks ago - 407 kilometeres on the clock and almost $2000 less than new - the guarrentee runs out the end of September. Hasn't been dumped or otherwise bashed.

Almost came as a surprise to me that I did buy it so easily, but as soon as I saw the bike sitting on the shop floor, I said "YES" - it looked to me, just like a motorcycle should!!

Haven't owned a bike before, so have no license - to which end I have signed up for driver training which I start this coming weekend - looking forward to it!!!  Kind of hard to have a new one sitting downstairs under a cover and not being able to ride it.

A bit about myself......I took a couple years off work a few years ago, and sailed my boat (35 feet) around the world, solo. Have also done a singlehanded sailboat race from San Francisco to Hawaii 3 times, in my own boat. Actually rented small bikes a few times on on various Islands I stopped at during my trip around the world - and enjoyed riding them a lot - but that is the limit of my motorcyle riding experiences.....

Still have the same boat and still go sailing, but only locally for the next 3 or 4 years - so needed another interest to keep me alive, interested and from getting bored. My new Savage/S-40 should fill the bill quite nicely - I think I might well enjoy the solitude of riding by myself - Did I mention I get a lot of time off from work???

Have poked around a fair bit on this site before introducing myself, and am pretty impressed with  the level and sharing of knowledge, tips and information I see here. I did no research whatsoever before buying my new bike, I just liked the looks, size and feel of it. To find such a wealth of information about it afterwards is a real bonus!!!  ......Thanks everybody......

I will probably be doing all the  monkeywrenching on the bike myself once the warentee period is over. Looking forward to 'white spacer' mod and mixing screw adjustment at that time!!

Will continue to poke around here and figure things out some more. When I get some questions, or if I feel I have anything to contribute, I may even write a few posts.

Oh yes....I'm 56

Bye for now......Jim

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #863 - 03/30/09 at 09:32:39

Welcome to the wide world of Savage motorcycling.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #864 - 03/30/09 at 15:28:45

Welcome Haulback. Good to see another Canuck here. You're gonna love riding the bike!!!. You have found the best S40/Savage site bar none.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
13spitfire16
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #865 - 03/31/09 at 22:37:56

Hi Everyone,
I have been floating around this forum for about two months now and just realized I never introduced myself to the Suzuki masses, so here it goes.

My name's Andy, I'm 23 and from Hartville, Ohio ( it's a little town don't be suprised if you've never heard of it). I have a 95 savage that is my first bike and it is currently torn apart form one end of my garage to the other, as well as some parts in the basement. I just finished a carb cleaning and rejet, removed the air box and put on a cone filter, and I am trying (like many of you) to figure out what I want to do with the darn battery!!!

At the risk of stating the obvious I would just like to point out that this is the greatest site EVER, and it's great to be here!!!!!

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #866 - 04/01/09 at 07:17:00

Welcome to the site 13S!

Keep us up to date on your bike, and post tech questions on rubber side down. A lot of people here are very generous with their knowledge, and will be happy to help.

FSO
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #867 - 04/01/09 at 22:08:54

Welcome, both of you!  Good call on waiting until after you complete the course haulback, I know the feeling.  Took me a while to get into one too, with a brand new 08 (1 mile on it!) sitting in the garage no less! Did cave in and take a couple spins up the dead end street by my house, but as there is zero traffic, I didn't have to worry about getting run over. Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #868 - 04/05/09 at 08:04:53

melori wrote on 03/26/09 at 07:34:18:
Hello, My name is Melissa in Austin Texas!

Howdy, Melissa.  Austin rocks.  There's no place in the south as cool as 6th Street.  I've spent many a drunken stupor there.  Done the same along New Orlean's Bourbon Street, Memphis' Beale Street, Nashville's 2nd and Broad, Savannah's River Street, Birmingham's Five Points.  The list can go on and on.  But I think 6th Street tops them all.

IP Logged
Louisiana_Geezer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #869 - 04/10/09 at 10:20:23

Hello to all. I joined this site to learn about the S40. Right now I'm riding a little Rebel and I must confess that I love it. It's a 1996 that I bought from the original owner, a lady who put less than 400 miles per year on it.  I'll be updating my profile real soon, and then asking a few noob questions. I started driving PTWs on December 25, 1958 when mom & dad gave me a brand new Lambretta Motor Scooter. Anyway, here's a pic of my Reb:

(Looks like new users can't post jpgs.) Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:28:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.