Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #840 - 02/15/09 at 22:22:58

I guess I'll take my turn and make a formal intro.  Lets see... I've lived in many states in the southern U.S.  I'm a combat vet along with my dad and brother.   I got married two years ago to an absolutely awesome woman.  She's a perfect blend of girl-next -door, not-afraid-to-get-hands-dirty country girl by day and a truly elegant, sophisticated woman by night.  When we married I inherited horses, goats, ducks, dogs, cats, and guineas (whatever the heck those things are).  My wife's got a mounted 11 pound 8 ounce large mouth bass that she caught in the pond about 6 years ago.  We've spotted an even larger bass in the pond last weekend.  

I'm the program director for the electroneurodiagnostic technology program and the polysomnographic technology program at my state college.  My daughter has a stupid little fufu dog that now follows me around everywhere.       

I bought my S40 for my wife last summer.  She discovered that she prefers jet skis over motorcycles.  I had just sold my bike last fall and, honestly, I didn't give the S40 much respect as a bike for me.  After making a few tweaks and riding it for a couple of weeks just for the heck of it, I began to realize just how special this bike is.  I won't part with it now.  For someone who loves to mod things, no platform is better than the S40/Savage.  

I used to ride Deal's Gap all the time when it was still a best kept secret.  Last time I was there was in the early to mid '90s.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #841 - 02/25/09 at 11:13:32

Hi Jim,...nice to meet you after talking with you for 6 months.....

BTW,.. "electroneurodiagnostic... polysomnographic"? Huh.... We don't allow words with that many syllables here... From now on, please use the term "tech stuff", if it involves numbers... or "high-tech stuff" if it has screws in it... or "space-age, high-tech stuff" if it's smaller than a bread box....  
thanks... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #842 - 02/25/09 at 13:31:02

Yeah Jim.  Sesquepedalianistic tendencies have been deemed innapropriate for this setting.

Welcome anyway.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #843 - 02/25/09 at 18:03:20

I meant what he said...... Huh

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #844 - 02/25/09 at 19:33:22

I might not know nuttin' 'bout spark plugs, but I can talk good if I has ta'. Wink

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
ian22
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Trinity, Florida
Reply #845 - 03/05/09 at 23:08:03

Howdy everyone.  My name is Ian.  I am a 28 year old navy vet living in Florida.  I am the proud owner of a 97 Savage.  I've had it for about six months but just found this site.  It's awesome.  I have some minor repairs to make on my savage to get it where I want it but I love it.  I ride every single day, rain or shine.  Florida's great.

IP Logged
Carl650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #846 - 03/06/09 at 07:30:17

Hey!
Im Carl, a 22 year norwegian medical student. Just bought a 97 Savage and cant wait to take it out on the road. Theres winter and snow here at the moment, but im hoping itll be okay in a short month.
Regards

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #847 - 03/06/09 at 17:49:21

Welcome guys,
Hope you enjoy the bike and this site as much as we do....
Wink

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #848 - 03/13/09 at 21:26:34

Serowbot wrote on 02/25/09 at 11:13:32:

BTW,.. "electroneurodiagnostic... polysomnographic"? Huh.... We don't allow words with that many syllables here... From now on, please use the term "tech stuff", if it involves numbers... or "high-tech stuff" if it has screws in it... or "space-age, high-tech stuff" if it's smaller than a bread box....  
thanks... Grin

I do tech stuff with high tech stuff instruments that looks like space age, high tech stuff.  That be better?

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #849 - 03/16/09 at 01:49:46

diamond jim wrote on 03/13/09 at 21:26:34:
Serowbot wrote on 02/25/09 at 11:13:32:

thanks... Grin

I do tech stuff with high tech stuff instruments that looks like space age, high tech stuff.  That be better?

Grin Awesome!  And here I just look at stuff that goes in high-tech stuff (can't be space age, since your average car is still bigger than a bread box Wink).

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #850 - 03/16/09 at 02:01:04

And I sometimes have to work on things that's faster than a fast thing going fast

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #851 - 03/17/09 at 13:34:14

Hello all!  I just purchased a used '99 LS 650 ... the engine, well something is knocking when I accelerate.  Needsless to say, some parts are on the way (Raask Dragpipe, repair manual, etc...).   Oh well, probably needs an engine rebuild when I start to add the various performance packages offered here...   I do plan to take a pic soon before the parts begin to arrive.  I live in Florida and look to "Bob-it!"  I like what I see here Smiley

Wolf

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #852 - 03/17/09 at 15:42:16

WWW   IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #853 - 03/18/09 at 08:10:45

Here's pic of me on my bike...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Wolf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #854 - 03/18/09 at 19:10:28

Thanks for the info verslagen1!  Saves me alot of reading.... down to page 300... (reading backwards)... lots of info.

Again thanks,   I hope it is the muffler being loose, but I feel it may be the piston Sad

Oh well,,

Wolf

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:29:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.