Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41322 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #255 - 10/07/08 at 10:12:21

Snowbum wrote on 10/07/08 at 06:49:24:
Hey everyone, I just joined this site after finding it the other day.  This seems like a great community.

Lets see, I first looked at a 2001 Savage in 2001, since then I have been riding some vespas, but never lost my desire for a Savage, so I recently found a 2003 Savage that I bought about 4 months ago, and I love it.

This is a great forum with lots of useful info.

I am trying to attach a pic but its not taking, I will post a pic of my bike later.  Cool

Welcome to the site. Here is how you post a picture. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1218391284

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Snowbum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oklahoma City
Reply #256 - 10/08/08 at 06:16:51

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/07/08 at 10:12:21:
Snowbum wrote on 10/07/08 at 06:49:24:
Hey everyone, I just joined this site after finding it the other day.  This seems like a great community.

Lets see, I first looked at a 2001 Savage in 2001, since then I have been riding some vespas, but never lost my desire for a Savage, so I recently found a 2003 Savage that I bought about 4 months ago, and I love it.

This is a great forum with lots of useful info.

I am trying to attach a pic but its not taking, I will post a pic of my bike later.  Cool

Welcome to the site. Here is how you post a picture. http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1218391284

Cool, thanks for the link, I will set up an acct and get my stuff posted hopefully tonight.

Scott

snowbum78   IP Logged
SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Reply #257 - 10/12/08 at 05:40:06

Newbe on the street. Wanted to drop in for a quick intro.

Found the Forum and have been reading up, and decided to join ya's.

My name's Ron and I hail from Ohio. 48 yrs. old and first timer on a bike. Was married, ( WAS ) for 16 yrs. with no kids, so I'm free to ride. Bought a Black '01 w/ 4800 miles a couple months ago and ride every chance I get. Love this bike !

Always wanted a bike, so I took the plunge. Don't know much about them, but I'm learning fast. Pic below is the bike when I bought it. Only mods I've done are to add Chrome trim around the tank lip and a windshield. It wasn't the wind, it was the never-ending bug collection that was bothering me.. Sad

Won't post much, but I'LL be here if ya need me,,, just check yer mirrors, I'LL be lagging behind somewhere within sight.

Here she is:

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #258 - 10/12/08 at 15:09:45

Welcome to the site Ron, if you ever have any questions about your bike, every one here will almost literally fall over each other to answer them to the best of their ability. This is a great group of folks.

IP Logged
vargas

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #259 - 10/14/08 at 22:38:25

well, this is Vargas. I took my screen name from one of the most famous painters of all time.  I live in central Indiana and have had my Suzi  since April. I bought a scooter first, I like it - but ... no muscleto it. When I twist the throtle on suzi shesends me to the back of the seat. But, my scooter,with 14 inch wheels-has anyone seen the "matrix reloaded"?  I can steer that scooter with my butt-flick it around stones in the road. Can I learn to stear suzi like that?

IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #260 - 10/14/08 at 22:49:10

Yeah, but you need 14" wheel on it. Smiley
or perhaps a Burgman 650

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
swamptroll
YaBB Newbies

Thumpitty-THUMP!!!

York, UK, next to the river
Reply #261 - 10/16/08 at 23:15:25

Hi there you lot, Brit Savage rider here 1989 model, been wandering the pages and thought it was time to register!

All the best

Swampy!

I ride because i'm too old for a bicycle!
  IP Logged
Picasso736
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Anderson, SC
Reply #262 - 10/19/08 at 13:04:36

Hey All I just found this place after I purchased a 06 S40 for my wife. These are great little bikes. I want to bob it, but I think she'd kill me right now. She love's this bike and is having a lot of fun learning to ride.

IP Logged
eyeore302000
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lexington, SC
Reply #263 - 10/22/08 at 13:35:40

So glad I found this website what a great thing. New member as of today !!!! Smiley  I currently have a 2004 suzuki savage ls650 with 13,000 miles on it and a 2005 S40 with about 6000 miles on it. i took about a ten year break from riding after a bad wreck and decided to get back on the bike about 6 months ago. After looking at a few bikes I test drove the 2004 and loved the ride. Since then I've run wild and my wife has joined me. I bought her an old honda rebel to learn to ride and after about a week she was shopping for a new bike SHE WAS HOOKED  !!!!   Last week we bought her a 2001 suzuki GZ 250 in near showroom condition and now she wants to ride just about every day.  Anyhow have made a few mods to the 2004 but have decided to sell that bike and concentrate on my 05 because I just love riding it.  Hope to meet some other savage owners here and if you are anywhere in the columbia south carolina area let's ride !!

87 savage burgandy 2200 miles my first bobber project !! 2001 savage black 7000 miles !! 2004 savage purple 13,000 miles (my first savage) !! 2005 S40 7600 miles (my full dresser) !!
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #264 - 10/30/08 at 04:19:18

Hi,
I am 68 and just bought a 96 Suzuki LS650. I had a scooter back in the 80's, but gave it up after a couple of near misses. My new SO has a Yamaha Virago and hates to ride alone so I deceided to ride with her. The Savage fits me like a glove. I will probably catch it from forum members, but I am putting a Voyager kit on her. I am a little brittle and am on some heart meds so need to be cautious. My doctor rides a HD and says that I should get a full face helmut to protect my face. At my age I figure that if I am far enough down on the pavement for my chin to hit, I am in really deep doo doo already.

I ordered the pic DVD and downloaded the manual. I hope to get a lot out of this site.(and give too). Everyone seems friendly and interested in the others problems.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Raven
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #265 - 11/02/08 at 22:43:44

Hy,
i`m writing from Estonia
me and my father have savages and i have rebuilt some.
i have red this forum and it has been wery useful, so i desided to give something back.
as i´m rebuilding, i might have questions and maybe you can help me.
so, keep it up !
cheers savages!

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #266 - 11/07/08 at 11:05:23

Welcome SavRon, vargas, swamptroll, Picasso736, eyeore302000, Oldnewguy, Raven and everyone else. Glad to have you in the land of the Savages!

FSO
  IP Logged
beck
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hello everyone, Beck signing on for the 1st time
Reply #267 - 11/09/08 at 20:55:47

Hi everyone. I just signed on here. I've been lurking for about a week. I needed some help with a '97 that I just bought and found this site. What a help! The typical problems of the Savage are all found on the bike I just bought. You have already helped me greatly.
I'm a 53 yr old PITA from southern Illinois. I've had a few bikes (73 Honda 250 street/trail, 70 something Sportster hardtail chopper, late 80s FLH, 98 Softail, Possibly the first FSRX ever built, and a custom built tricked out chopper). As you can see most of them have been big V-twins. I swore off bikes about 4 yr ago, thinking I was too old and was goning to get crunched by a car or truck. Recently I have found the need for another bike.
Right now my bike is stock. That just can't continue! I have built a lot of hot rod cars. Nothing leaves my garage stock. I have a desire to make a bobber out of this bike but just can't make myself take it that far apart. They make nice bobbers, but look pretty darn good just the way they came from the factory. I'm thinking the blinkers will come off, the side markers are already in a box, a different muffler, that means a carb rejet so I just as well put on a cone air filter. It just snowballs. So far I have the tank off for paint. It was dinged up pretty bad. The head cover is off waiting for an oil plug from the dealer. I had the seat reupholstered which turned out like crap. The sewn lines going across the front part are not square with the seat. The bike had seen some outside storage so some of the bolts are showing a little rust. I have cleaned everything except the motor which has a dirty jug. I've been soaking that with penetrating oil trying to get the caked on oil loose.
As usual I got a little windy...
Again, Hi everyone!

Beck

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Reply #268 - 11/10/08 at 11:08:53

Welcome Beck, I just read your post in the issues section and I'm glad you finally made it in to register.

This is a great site for help and just general chewing the fat. My 2000 Savage is no longer what anyone would call stock either and like you, I just have to tinker with any vehicle I own to get the best bang I can out of it.

For a jet kit and performance cam I would look up Lancer who is a member of this site. He sells them both as well as a cone filter.

IP Logged
Joe Friday
YaBB Newbies

My AARP card is
dated during the
last century.

Beautiful Weiss Lake - Alabama
Reply #269 - 11/14/08 at 05:12:26

Joe Friday - Centre Alabama...  Been ridin' something with 2 wheels for right at 50 years.  Over time I've been seen on everything from a Briggs and Stratton mini bike to full dressers...  Mostly Jap and HD, but an occasional Britt and at least one made in Italy...  GF just added a 05 model S40 to our stable a week or so ago and I found this forum right away...  Been lurkin' here ever since and have already picked up quite a few tips about the new beast.

Currently in addition to the S40 we have a 250 Nighthawk that she used to learn on, a couple of Roadstars (1600 & 1700) as well as a GL1800 Goldwing we use for the long trips.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 16:29:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.