Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41257 times)
SavageGirl17
YaBB Newbies

Never a"Good
Hair Day"
again. Helmet hair
ROCKS!!!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #240 - 09/03/08 at 12:05:38

Hi, my name is Melissa.  I'm a 27 yo female and I just bought my first Savage (and first bike) on Saturday!!! I was riding a 1978 Honda CL175 (small amounts of time... there were many issues with is) so my new bike is a blast!!!
I've had so much fun.  All I can think about is when I can jump back on my thumper...work is tough- I know my baby is out there and I can't ride!  :'(
Great forum!!!

race_chickie17   IP Logged
DracSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #241 - 09/08/08 at 10:58:54

I've been reading the forum for a while and finally wanted to sign up and contribute/converse with everyone.

My name is Ben and I've ridden off and one for a number of years but this is my first bike in ten years so I consider myself new to it all.

I have a 2003 Savage that I've been modifying here and there. Taking off some extra parts, putting on some custom parts etc. Just having a great time so far.

Look forward to talking with everyone.

I'll post some picks once I get the bike back together.

Ben

IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #242 - 09/11/08 at 19:02:05

Hi all. My name is Bob and I signed up on this site back in May of 2008 and really love it. you are a great group of people on here.
I am 72 and live in Lecanto,Fl and I bought a 2007 LS650 back in March of this year. I now have a little over 2600 miles on it. I have had 8 H/Ds years ago but this bike is more fun to ride than all of them put together and one of them was a 1956KH. (year before the Sporster) Everyone keep up the good work and ride safely. Semper Fi

IP Logged
chopperman84
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #243 - 09/12/08 at 03:29:27

hi

my name is mario, i´m 24 and i´m from portugal.

i ride a 1990 ls 650 savage old school bobber customized by myself and a couple of friends...

later i´ll post photos´

best regards to all users

Chopperman84

« Last Edit: 09/13/08 at 03:35:15 by chopperman84 »  
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #244 - 09/12/08 at 09:57:48

Hello and welcome Mario and all new people!

If you have any pictures of your bike, please post them. You can get a free account at bikepics.com and link to your images. Tips on uploading photos can be found in the tech forum.

FSO
  IP Logged
GPLongford
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #245 - 09/19/08 at 08:30:09

I will now try to introduce myselves properly, I\m Your new member from Norway.

First of all, please be patient with my english. I write much better in norwegian, but I guess You prefer english...

I'm born in Brønnøy (exsact center of Norway north - south) 1965 and has been a motorcyclist since I got an Kawasaki G7T 100 ccm in the spring of 1982. Later that year my bike had 3000 more km on it and I got my drivers license. After that i rode legally until I moved far north close to Lofoten (Melbu) for more school.

This caused some years without a bike, I upgraded my drivers license to unlimited in 1985 and moved to Ørnes where I still live. Ørnes is just north of the Arctic Circle close to the glacier Svartisen and near the malstroem Saltstraumen. All this caused no money for a bike until 1992.

First big bike I got was an Honda CB750K7 from 1977. This was my joy and pride until I had to sell it late in 1996. During this years I rode 31500 km with the Honda.

It brought me to MC rallies from between Røros in the south to Harstad in the north and some trips to Storuman in Sweden.

But I was not without a bike! In october 1995 I had bought an 1987 Suzuki Intruder 1400. With this bike I continued participating on norwegian MC rallies, but I also started to explore Europe.

My girlfriend and I went to the FIM Rally in Krakow, Poland in 1997 -6900 km.

The Intruder had one big fault, it wasent buildt for long distance touring two up. The bike was rebuildt from disaster in the spring of 2000 and I headed straigt off alone to FIM Rally in Martigny - Valais, Switserland. A trip of 7500 km.

I kept the Intruder for 38000 km but I'w got other thoughts. Late in 2000 I got myselves an 1995 Yamaha FZR1000. I soon discovered parts of my body where I never have had pain before! A small change in riding position...

I soon found out about the riding possition. Off I went to FIM Rally in Killarney, Ireland 2001 and to FIM Rally in Aalborg, Denmark 2002. Some trips to Sweden and in 2003 an "Viking trip" to Shetland, Orkneys and Scotland.

I sold the Yamaha in february 2004 after 35000 km and ordered myselves a brand new Suzuki V- Strom 650.

The Strom is a great bike, I'w been in Sweden with it and on the trip to FIM Rally in Tartu, Estonia 2005 I drove throuh Latvia, Lithuania and Poland but after 32500 km it was at the floor of the BMW dealer in Bodø.

So in April 2007 I got myselves an R1200GS. Black with grey side panels and grey seat. Equipped with (standard in Norway) ABS, heated grips and luggage rack. But it dont stop there. I'w thrown in the computer, the tyre pressure monitor, alu cases from Hepco & Becker, the alarm, chromed exhaust SW Motech upper / lower crash bars, white indicators / taillight from Clear Alternatives and ASC.

This bike has set me back a bit according to money - hopeless prices here in Norway!

With the BMW I'w been at some MC rallies and FIM Rally in Cesanetico, Italy. Total mileage so far on the GS is 28 800 km.

But now I'm here!

I'w got myselves an "project" - some cases and baskets an engine and a frame - an complete Savage from somewhere around 1987...

It has been in parts since 2001! I plan to build it up again this winter - budget style - a really low bobber with solo seat, no rear suspension, chain drive - loud exhaust and "no" finish...

The parts was a bargain - 877 US$ - half the price of a complete Savage with license plate on it. I has a budget and a plan - on the road next spring - well under 2000 US$ total!

Wish me luck!

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #246 - 09/20/08 at 06:16:31

Howdy.  New to the forum.  I've been hanging out at motorcycle-journal.com in the M50 section for a while.  I sold the M and now I've taken over the wife's '06 S40.  I never realized how fun this bike was to ride til I started using it as my daily ride. It also looks much easier to customize with so much metal and less plastic. Anyhow, I'll be seeing you all around on this site.

IP Logged
uniquelyme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus OH
Reply #247 - 09/20/08 at 07:09:39

Welcome, and keep us posted on the "project" please....I as all others on here, luv my 87 Savage!!

Life is a thumping journey, enjoy it while you can.
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #248 - 09/22/08 at 16:34:53

I'm fairly new to the site but not to bikes.  I live in North Alabama.  

I've been hanging around M-J.com for the past year.  I've gone from a M50 to a S40.  It had 300 miles on it before I started the upgrade process.   I've got about everything apart that I want apart.  I've got the rear fender at a local body shop having some custom work done on it.  I'm waiting for the jetset at the moment as well as tail light and handlebar.  

IP Logged
sm96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toms River NJ
Reply #249 - 09/23/08 at 16:44:13

Hello all. My name is Scott and I live in Toms River, NJ. I got my 96 Red Savage from a guy I used to work with. It was his mothers and she got hurt in 1998 and the bike has been sitting since then. Originally I purchased a 2006 Honda Rebel 250 to go back and forth to work because I was tired of putting $100.00 plus worth of gas a week in my truck. So, I buy the Honda and now the wife wants to learn. She gets her permit and I am out of a bike. So the Savage came along when I asked my buddy if he knew of anyone selling a bike.

So after figuring how to take the carb off to clean it ( what a pain ) changing the fluids-you know the rest. I got the bike with 1046 on it in June of 2008 and have put about 1000 miles on it. I have a split-fire windshield on it and I am planning to add some led lights and other stuff. The bike is really easy to handle and rides fine. I added a 150 jet and it runs better. Over the winter I plan on modifing the seat so my butt stops going numb.

Anyway. That is about it. I joined a little after I got the bike and the people that post are great. I have learned a lot about this bike from here. I hope to be posting more in the future.

Ride safe all and wave to your fellow riders.

« Last Edit: 10/01/08 at 19:01:59 by sm96 »  

96 Red - 150 main and the rest is stock. Looking to do upgrades and modifications over the winter.
  IP Logged
dumdum30
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

south mississippi
Reply #250 - 10/01/08 at 18:52:43

Hello to Yall. I'm Dewey Madden from southern Mississippi. I'm 39 married no kids of my own. My wife and i are foster parents so different ones come and go. Got an ebay 01 savage a month and 1000 miles ago LUV it. This is a Great site. Im an auto mechanic by trade so i have good mechanical skills but this site has some great ideas and thats what makes the world go round. I hope i can contribute.

IP Logged
Notcho
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #251 - 10/01/08 at 21:53:54

Hello from San Antonio....my name is Luis, I'm 35....just picked up my first bike and it's a 2005 S40, love it. Shopped around a bunch, lurked through this forum a lot.....what a great resource this is  Cool

Thanks for havin me.
(I'll try to post a pic later).

IP Logged
saluteTOme

Newark, DE
Reply #252 - 10/03/08 at 18:46:04

HEEELLLLLLLLLLLL-O every one! Cheesy

I just bought my 1st bike. An 03 Savage I named Fred  (Fred Savage.....ok, nm  Grin). I still have my permit but i am trying to get into a class but they are allllllll filled up so I have to hope someone backs down and I get to be a "walk in". I am also going through the processes to get it tagged and titled.

Im 23 and live in DE, so if there is any other Delawareans around, speak up! I cant wait to go riding. I am 6', so I know I may get a little cramped but it feels better then most other bike of the size. I also wanna get highway pegs too when I get some cash plus saddle bags and prob a windshield but I have to see how I feel once I get going.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #253 - 10/03/08 at 23:05:48

Welcome to the site, if you do start getting cramped contact Ed L. He's a member here that makes forward controls for the Savage/S40.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Snowbum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oklahoma City
Reply #254 - 10/07/08 at 06:49:24

Hey everyone, I just joined this site after finding it the other day.  This seems like a great community.

Lets see, I first looked at a 2001 Savage in 2001, since then I have been riding some vespas, but never lost my desire for a Savage, so I recently found a 2003 Savage that I bought about 4 months ago, and I love it.

This is a great forum with lots of useful info.

I am trying to attach a pic but its not taking, I will post a pic of my bike later.  Cool

snowbum78   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 18:03:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.