Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41257 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #225 - 08/04/08 at 09:40:18

Hello all. Name is Dalibor, age 35, location Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina. Proud owner of a black '95 Savage. Will be looking for a lot of advices regarding bobbing/chopping. Be safe out there.

IP Logged
uniquelyme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus OH
Reply #226 - 08/05/08 at 07:56:52

Hi all, first off I would like to say I am new to the forums world but have found them to be the best way to learn, socialize as well and share experiences of like minds, so here I go. I am a mid 40's grandmother whom just purchased my dream bike of an 86 LS650 Savage. Due to 4 back surgeries I have issues and this was the bike for me. After 30 yrs of riding on the back,I started riding my own ride last year , and have over 7000 miles under my belt so far. I started out on a 82 Kawi 440 which is still in the garage, (luv that vintage) but decided after running ST RT 129/Cherahola this past month, that I needed a bit more power. So when this bike became available (within my price range) I grabbed her.  I am looking forward to getting more info on her as I do need to do some work to get her up to par and make her mine.  I am sure I will have a question or two for you experts so consider this fare warning, as you know how a newbie can be. Bikes have been a big part of my world and I now have started and addiction that is two bikes strong. Lookin forward to getting to know yall.

Life is a thumping journey, enjoy it while you can.
  IP Logged
Breeze
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #227 - 08/05/08 at 16:48:47

Evening all. Names Rob, but most folks just call me Breeze. I am uniquelyme's other half. She asked me to poke around here a bit and i have found this to be a very impressive little forum ya'll have here. Lots of great info for the little savage here. We have a rather large stable of bikes around here and my wife has decided to try to catch up with me  Grin.
I look forward to chatting with ya's and soaking up the info you have available so's i can keep her new ride running right...

Breeze

Twisted Dragon Racing
WWW twohyper2000@yahoo.com   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #228 - 08/09/08 at 15:59:43

Hi UniquelyMe and Breeze!!

Congrats on the new to you Savage!
Hang around and learn and have fun....it gets interesting here sometimes,to say the least.

So glad ya'll joined us Smiley

Oh...how was the Cherohola?? I'm excited to hear about it,since its my next ride that I look so forward to!!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
texassavage95
Ex Member

Reply #229 - 08/12/08 at 17:37:32

My name is Anthony and I have a 95 Savage I bought off a kid that blew the motor. I do not know how long he had it, I do know it was well taken care of most of its life. I have added the wind screen, Saddle bags and muffler as well as rebuilt the motor. Still need to do some polishing. Did seat mod of rasing one inch.  I still have white spacer mod, re-jetting and verslavy mod left to do. I have already posted a question, and several people were nice enough to help me out. I love this forum and thanks for welcoming me in!

IP Logged
Dragonfly
YaBB Newbies

My 2008 S40 is my
happy place!

BC, Canada
Reply #230 - 08/12/08 at 23:23:22

Hi this is my first post here. I just bought a 2008 S40 from a local dealer. I am having so much fun getting to know this bike.  I ride every chance I get! It is a great bike. I don't have any regrets buying it at all. I even like it more than my friends sportster! I have ordered all the extras but they haven't all come in yet. I have the windshield and the engine case guards on and I am waiting for the saddlebags and supports, visors, handlebar bolt cover, rear shelf and backrest to arrive. They should all be here by weeks end. I thought I'd better get everything I wanted right away that way the total cost is covered through the insurance. And not to mention how cool it will look! Cool Nice to meet you all and look forward to hearing and sharing some stories. I will post a picture of us soon!

Added rear shelf. back support. head and signal light visors, saddlebag supports, saddlebags (custom bag brackets to secure them to the supports)
  IP Logged
uniquelyme
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus OH
Reply #231 - 08/13/08 at 11:45:45

Welcome Dragonfly!! Glad you joined us. I am a newbie here as well, but have found this to be a terrific group and very helpful. Cant wait to see you pics. Wink

Life is a thumping journey, enjoy it while you can.
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #232 - 08/23/08 at 16:01:55

Hi Folks!

I'm EssForty, a name which reflects my complete lack of creativity Smiley

I recently picked up a 2006 S40 with only 150 miles on it in mint condition from a local seller.  Love the bike and I've gathered a lot of great ideas from the postings here. For example, I bought a new windshield, purchased a Clymers, did my own  600 mile inspection, added a digital tach, a Sigma cycle computer and just put on grip puppies.  I don't plan any performance mods, but that might change.  Undecided

I am just getting back into riding after a few years off . but was an avid rider from my teen years into my early 30's.  It's great to be back in the saddle again, and it is nice to find such a supportive community of bike owners.

Here's a picture of my bike that I took this morning during my ride to the beach. I live in Melbourne, FL, just a few minutes away from the beach. My daily morning commute follows A1A along the beach, past Cocoa Beach and up thru Cape Canaveral. It's a nice way to start the work day!

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Plano Rider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Plano, Texas
Reply #233 - 08/23/08 at 21:41:22

New guy here. My name is Jason and I just moved to Plano, been riding for about 3 years but just got a '88 Savage and hope to learn alot about it from all the people here.

Jason McClaren
Plano, TX
1988 Savage LS650
myspace.com/jasonmcclaren
WWW   IP Logged
Pabst 2006

Thump Thump KERPOW!

Rochester, NY
Reply #234 - 08/24/08 at 17:16:37

Hi, I'm Ethan and I live in Rochester, NY.  I'm one of those motorcycling newbies... after a couple years of "should I or shouldn't I?", I bit the bullet and decided to go for it.

In my area, the MSF courses are booked solid, so I have to wait till mid-October to take it, then get my NY license.  I did lots of research on this site and others and got a brand new red '08 S40 from a nearby stealership.  Right now it's in storage until I take the MSF and learn about how not to destroy it in my first week of riding LOL.

The Savage/S40 has so many of the characteristics I want in a bike, and IMHO it's not something merely to "learn on" and discard.  I plan on enjoying it to the fullest!

This is a great place to hang out and read posts, you guys seem really passionate about riding!  I'll get some pictures to post the next time I go visit 'er....

2008 S40 - Red
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #235 - 08/24/08 at 19:53:30

Pabst 2006;

I have not idea how you can wait to ride your new bike. I got a silver 2008 at the end of May. You won't regret you purchase. Seriously thought, waiting to get the course and licence is a good idea. Stay with this forum. They are a great bunch of people and offer very good advice.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Reply #236 - 08/26/08 at 11:25:08

Hi all, I'm in here a few posts late here...

I'm a 19 (going on 20 aka almost to my first life crisis) year old college kid who'll be hopping between Flint, MI and Marysville, OH every 3 months.

I've wanted to ride but never thought it feasible until my dad grabbed me a 2001 Savage. He rode until I was born and recently picked up an '07 S40 when my brother bought an '83 something or other 450 (Suzuki.) I've only got to ride mine once (yesterday) but I love it! Grin

IP Logged
bullfrog
YaBB Newbies

Submariner for Life

Bremerton, WA
Reply #237 - 08/26/08 at 16:41:38

I go by Bullfrog and I plan on buying a s40 come November.  This will be my first bike.  So far my father-in-law is a strong supporter and loves the old style of this bike and think I looks great and I also like to be different.  Love the site and all the information that can be found here.  November can not come fast enough.

IP Logged
firetruckredbike
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #238 - 08/28/08 at 02:34:06

Hi, my name is Amy and I have already learned a lot on this forum.  I am a new rider, 50 years old.  I bought a used 2006 S40 two months ago, barely used.   My husband has a Honda Shadow Aero.
We live in Ohio on a small farm, and we got the bikes for gas mileage because we both have 70 miles round trip to work.  If we had known riding would be this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago.  The Savage/S40 is a fantastic, scrappy little bike and I love its dependability and big heart.  Everybody ride safe.
Amy

IP Logged
Onetogo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Austin, Texas
Reply #239 - 09/01/08 at 12:49:00

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1403109/

Returning to motorcycles after many years. Savage is second bike owned and I use it for commuting and as an outlet for wrenching.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 16:47:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.